Are you ready for 3.0?

D Levy

@SlickARE YOU ?

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

3.0 is not a correct number for this. 0.3a would be more accurate. So many bugs and performance issues still. (persistence universe)

I am still hoping his dream will come true, but atm i am skeptical about that.

When it hist i will again try it out. I want this so bad i can taste it... but also so afraid. 

2 minutes ago, Dujith said:

I want this so bad i can taste it... but also so afraid. 

Don't be afraid, I can promise you (based on being heavily involved with the community and being concierge) that this project will continue for quite some time and we'll have the most amazing space sim ever made.

My mining journey

Just now, D Levy said:

Don't be afraid, I can promise you (based on being heavily involved with the community and being concierge) that this project will continue for quite some time and we'll have the most amazing space sim ever made.

:D always good to be positive, but in cases like this history teaches us that everyone is optimistic and it will never fail... till it does ;)

Do not get me wrong, i want this to succeed and will happily eat my words/doubts when it happens.

1 minute ago, Dujith said:

:D always good to be positive, but in cases like this history teaches us that everyone is optimistic and it will never fail... till it does ;)

Do not get me wrong, i want this to succeed and will happily eat my words/doubts when it happens.

No other video game project in history has been crowd funded to this degree before. This is a super outlier, and edge case, which we won't likely see again for a long time. There is no history for something like this.. this has made history.

My mining journey

10 hours ago, Dujith said:

What aspect/s do you think they will fail to deliver?

7 hours ago, Humbug said:

What aspect/s do you think they will fail to deliver?

Not so much an aspect as the whole persistent universe as they want to make it.

With no mans sky being the big example here. So many things they wanted but in the end failed to deliver and alot of it.

Again, i would sacrifice my firstborn for what they want :D but up till now it has been mostly tech demo's with that very buggy alpha universe (and yes i know what alpha is :P ). So i am still waiting for what is to come. But also ready for it not being quite as he wanted it.

Worst case would be dev hell forever :( 

1 minute ago, Dujith said:

With no mans sky being the big example here. So many things they wanted but in the end failed to deliver and alot of it.

Hello Games had 16 employees though at their largest.

Cloud Imperium games right now has over 400.

Just now, Humbug said:

Hello Games had 16 employees though at their largest.

Cloud Imperium games right now has over 400.

All these things i know :D Its the scope that scares me and i hope it will come. But i will happy when i see it, just how i am.  

11 minutes ago, Dujith said:

All these things i know :D Its the scope that scares me and i hope it will come. But i will happy when i see it, just how i am.  

Ya...

Thing is the Star Citizen persistent universe cannot suddenly implode in the way that No Man's Sky did.

What happened with No Man's sky is that the public did not get what they expected or were promised, or thought they were promised. All the dev's cards were held close to their chest prior to release.

In the case of Star Citizen persistent universe; it is the most open and transparent development of a big game in the entire history of the industry. The community has been playing the game for the last few years and today it is so much richer than what it was a few years ago. So they are on this journey with the developer as new features get added, or fail etc. So they are not going to wake up one day and change their mind about the game which is what happened to No Man's Sky.

22 hours ago, Dujith said:

3.0 is not a correct number for this. 0.3a would be more accurate. So many bugs and performance issues still. (persistence universe)

When it hist i will again try it out. I want this so bad i can taste it... but also so afraid. 

Pre 1.0a was hanger module
1.*a was dogfighting module and any updates after that

2.*a was first iteration of PTU

3.*a will be planet landing, AI and so forth.

Believe Chris wants to call beta what it use to be where it use to be a stable build with all features in, not this beta that most games companies like EA role out.

3 hours ago, Dujith said:

Not so much an aspect as the whole persistent universe as they want to make it.

Again, i would sacrifice my firstborn for what they want :D but up till now it has been mostly tech demo's with that very buggy alpha universe (and yes i know what alpha is :P ). So i am still waiting for what is to come. But also ready for it not being quite as he wanted it.

Worst case would be dev hell forever :( 

Chris has used No Man's Sky as an example he wants to avoid, hopefully he sticks with that perspective.