Can I use dual gpus?

e46

yeah, but should you have two if you cant even answer that? 

If you want to argue with me, and you probably will please PM me, no need to ruin threads becase you dont like how I am.

Ask me how I made 100k selling illegal narcotics!

Spoiler

and you think im joking, Did a lot of wrong to get my money right.

I look up to Larry Hoover.

Your homies loyal 'til the one time you tell 'em no

You can use a single GTX 1080 on 3 monitors.

Without any more information like motherboard, cpu, plans, etc. we can't say any more.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Yes, but I don't recommend SLI for gaming.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AX1600i owner. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_GMev0EwK37J3zZL98zIqF-OSBuHlFEHmrc_SPuYsjs/edit?usp=sharing My WIP Power Supply Guide.

15 minutes ago, QuantumElement said:

Yes, but I don't recommend SLI for gaming.

No; 2-SLI is really good. 3 and up isn't good.

2 1080s is the only way to game on 3 monitors. A single one is too weak for good games.

Would need actual info to say wither or not you can do it.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

26 minutes ago, CyberFern0 said:

No; 2-SLI is really good. 3 and up isn't good.

Actually most modern titles/ dx 12 titles do not scale well in SLI. Id say a single 1080 ti would be cheaper and better in most cases.

Just now, Rolling Potatoe said:

Actually most modern titles/ dx 12 titles do not scale well in SLI. Id say a single 1080 ti would be cheaper and better in most cases.

They don't run good?

5 minutes ago, CyberFern0 said:

They don't run good?

With DX12 the game developers have to implement sli rather than nvidia, so while demanding games from a few years

ago still scale o.k. most modern games scale poorly. Here are some benchmarks with 1080 tis in sli 

Regardless I don't see a ti out performing 2 1080's in games that actually support or can be modded to play in surround. I don't play the newest of the new but in what I do play I have a game that plays better with a pair of old kelper cards then a single 1080 does.

Might waste time and money and get a ti but the whole 10 series performs "ok" so it wont be worth much to find out.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

2 hours ago, e46 said:

Can I use dual gtx 1080s on 3 monitors?

you should be able too indeed

5 hours ago, Rolling Potatoe said:

With DX12 the game developers have to implement sli rather than nvidia, so while demanding games from a few years

ago still scale o.k. most modern games scale poorly. Here are some benchmarks with 1080 tis in sli 

Those benchmarks are flawed.

A good chunk of those games are using TAA, which is known to cause issues with SLI scaling. As a hardware reviewer, he should know this, and he should have tested accordingly. Using an AA method instead of TAA yields significant improvements in most of those games.

Gaming Rig
Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7-6850k @ 4.2GHz

GPU: 2x FE GTX 1080Ti

Memory: 16GB PNY Anarchy DDR4 3200MHz

Motherboard: ASRock X99 Extreme 4

Encoding Rig
Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.7GHz

GPU: GTX 1050

Memory: 8GB Curcial Ballistix DDR4 2133MHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H