Would downgrading to a 8350 be worth it?

Hey guys! I am aware that comparing a 8350 to a 3570k, eliminating all variables, the 3570k pulls ahead in most games. Although, the 3570k is more expensive than the 8350. So would downgrading to a 8350 to squeeze in a 7950 from a 7870 with the 3570k be worth it? My gut tells me it is, but I want to get others involved.

I'd do that.

7950 will have a greater impact than the 3570K

Might be worth dropping it further to an FX6300/8320, since gaming performance between the three is near identical when overclocked anyways. Even with a low-end cooler like the 212 evo, you'll be able to overclock it pretty far given the motherboard is decent.

Might be worth dropping it further to an FX6300/8320' date=' since gaming performance between the three is near identical when overclocked anyways. Even with a low-end cooler like the 212 evo, you'll be able to overclock it pretty far given the motherboard is decent.[/quote']

I wouldn't do this. Games and programs in the future will make use of more cores so the 8 cores will make the computer future proof. But I have heard that the binning for the 8320 is the same as for the 8350 meaning that they can be overclocked to the same speed since they are practically the same grade of chip. So I would go with a 8320 and a good cooler. The 212evo us good and I have it myself, but remember that the 8320 outputs like 120w of heat or something like that

I'd say yes, the GPU will have way more impact on your fps then your CPU.

|| CPU: Core i7 3770k @ 4.6gHz || RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600mHz || GPU: nVidia GTX 670 ||