The Ice Wall

MPC

I'm happy to introduce you to my new project called "The Ice Wall".

The key words of this project are: aesthetic charm, practicality, dismantling and quick maintenance.

It's a very special project, because it will use the Alphacool Eiswand 360 CPU directly to support the entire structure.

The anodised aluminum panel housing the hardware will be hooked to the radiator system with only 6 screws allowing a quick disassembly.

The base will be equipped with channels from the side of the pans that will allow for better sorting of connections to the waterblocks.

The acrylic rigid tubes will allow connection with the waterblocks by also combining a great aesthetic impact.

Both the base and the plexiglass monobloc above, which will combine the three radiators, will be equipped with led strips for a play of lights.

Such case is the first one in the world that uses radiators to hold the whole structure’s work.

Stay tuned ;)

SLUiXMw.png

wBidQMD.jpg

JfFuepI.png

0JcxXrh.jpg

LMT4YAG.jpg

vF5Dfyx.jpg

dTGpErK.jpg

OT4ZUYF.jpg

g9UAuqv.jpg

REPnxFv.jpg

f7I2XTW.jpg

Y2yiDAx.jpg

LCP9MJI.jpg

Ht76JdD.jpg

RCuVXx8.jpg

pOqe64U.jpg

BI6O3zY.jpg

Y9Ydqpf.jpg

hmD8L7R.jpg

Z70go8z.jpg

MR2JVfc.jpg

MR8jkk8.jpg

4fLpS09.jpg

oaDuIDh.jpg

How are you going to support the GPU?

"Aeneas troianus est."

I'm allergic to social interaction in real life, don't talk to me in real life please.

don't forget to quote or tag (@marten.aap2.0) me when you reply!

I will put a vertical support to support the gpu with the waterblock ;)

Just now, MPC said:

I will put a vertical support to support the gpu with the waterblock ;)

(don't forget to quote next time :))

ah ok, and another question, how are you going to do the cable management? in the red box or around the outside?

"Aeneas troianus est."

I'm allergic to social interaction in real life, don't talk to me in real life please.

don't forget to quote or tag (@marten.aap2.0) me when you reply!

Great idea, have been wanting something like this since I saw the thermaltake open frame cases (core P3/P5/P7). Traditional setups have to be huge for good rad support.

Are you going fanless or just didn't add them to the renders?

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

Great idea! Keep us updated :D

PS which program did you use to design it? It looks fantastic 

My own build: RΛZΞR theme

CPU: Intel Core i5 7600K // CPU cooler: Cryorig H7 // Motherboard: MSI Z270 gaming pro carbon //       

Video Card: MSI Armor gtx 1070 OC 8GB // RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3200MHz //  

SSD: Samsung EVO 960 500GB // HDD: 2x WD yellow edition 2TB //

Case: NZXT H440 RAZER edition // Power Supply: Corsair RM550x //         

Operating Software: Windows 10 pro 64-bit

On 11/1/2017 at 9:59 AM, marten.aap2.0 said:

(don't forget to quote next time :))

ah ok, and another question, how are you going to do the cable management? in the red box or around the outside?

The cables will be sleveed and I thought I would lay them on the base of the structure and then lift vertically in perfect order. Yours is a valid solution that I will use to hide some less important cables such as temperature sensor, power and reset.
From rendering you can not see something important. Over the central radiator there will be two temperature display and the power and reset buttons.

On 11/1/2017 at 10:01 AM, TidaLWaveZ said:

Great idea, have been wanting something like this since I saw the thermaltake open frame cases (core P3/P5/P7). Traditional setups have to be huge for good rad support.

Are you going fanless or just didn't add them to the renders?

Great observation, in fact, this is a small-sized project but with the possibility to integrate 3 radiators from 360 or with a small change from 480. The project's final dimensions are 60 x 40 x 55 cm (width x depth x height). The Eiswand 360 CPU radiators are equipped with 6 fans, 3 in push and 3 in pull. Together, a power supply is also supplied to operate at 7V and reduce noise.

On 11/1/2017 at 10:24 AM, Walt said:

Great idea! Keep us updated :D

PS which program did you use to design it? It looks fantastic 

Thank you :)

I used a combination of software starting from 2D on AutoCAD and then completing 3D on Fusion360, always part of the Autodesk package.

49 minutes ago, MPC said:

Thank you :)

I used a combination of software starting from 2D on AutoCAD and then completing 3D on Fusion360, always part of the Autodesk package.

Thans for the information! 

Did you make every component yourself or did you copy it from another website?

My own build: RΛZΞR theme

CPU: Intel Core i5 7600K // CPU cooler: Cryorig H7 // Motherboard: MSI Z270 gaming pro carbon //       

Video Card: MSI Armor gtx 1070 OC 8GB // RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3200MHz //  

SSD: Samsung EVO 960 500GB // HDD: 2x WD yellow edition 2TB //

Case: NZXT H440 RAZER edition // Power Supply: Corsair RM550x //         

Operating Software: Windows 10 pro 64-bit

1 hour ago, Walt said:

Thans for the information! 

Did you make every component yourself or did you copy it from another website?

Some components I've taken on a website while for radiators, Alphacool has created a great way to download them in 3D so that they can even better develop projects

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Realization of place for housing Eiswand radiators.

I create it by transform an empty sheet of plexiglass of 40mm thickness , and with dimension of 60 x 13.5 cm

2UDZGJg.jpg

rhIUly1.jpg

PvRvCth.jpg

1SGDTsq.jpg

uk3TpdD.jpg

Y9K76zz.jpg

Ha4sQIr.jpg

45 ° chamfering, Eiswand radiator insertion test and seat construction for RGB led strip.

5lN2G2r.jpg

kqwk5Nv.jpg

FmZgYof.jpg

WqPzh06.jpg

EHgeY2y.jpg

cUOBf6v.jpg

AWcvRBc.jpg

just a question as I have never worked with acrylics or plexi in this way: how do you get rid of those nasty looking edges?

a small file or?

Specially on the clear sheet, should not ruin the nice transparency in case it slips

My Gaming PC: 27833

Hi AT0MAC, I don't understand which edges you're referring to. Consider that the plexiglass in the photos is always equipped with protective film so the edges you see are of the film that I will remove. The plexiglass that I'm working on for this project is all transparent or mirrored.

UPDATE

Custom supports for side reservoir with 2 mm thick aluminum

lXUTrT6.jpg

wpVUcBV.jpg

e6lnyUs.jpg

riRf8fh.jpg

ucR8l5L.jpg

kSFHY2P.jpg

WVyXiSg.jpg

cSLOBCS.jpg

LIXeJfs.jpg

ahh ok makes sense, its just the film on top that gets jagged up when you cut them out, so peel it off and there is a smooth surface underneath, got it thanks

My Gaming PC: 27833

Start of operations for creation of motherboard tray with 2 mm thick aluminum sheet.

Wmiwywb.jpg

du0eYoA.jpg

qquhRWc.jpg

4Sqqa8U.jpg

65639LH.jpg

5dKvYW4.jpg

y0sX2ju.jpg

Front panel for switching on and off buttons and indicators for the liquid temperature of the processor and the video card. Mirrored Plexiglass 3 mm thick.

hkoXEZf.jpg

Tw7hMea.jpg

pHlytyE.jpg

Makes me wish I still worked at a sheetmetal shop.. I can't wait to see it finished...

Really awesome concept and a great way to incorporate watercooling ring into the chassis. Well, it is the chassis.. Brilliant! Looks to be the first true water cooling "case" if you ask me.

My jealousy is strong with this one... :dry:

Passmark 4507

Time Spy   3837

Fire Strike   11287