should i disable pci slot

right click this pc - click 
Click Advanced system settings 

Click Remote

Under Remote Assitance : 
Click Allow Remote Assistance Connections to this computer

Under Remote Desktop : 

Allow Remote connections to this computer

do not click only allow connections from computers running remote desktop with network level authenticaion DO NOT TICK THIS. 

Then write down the name you have given your pc 

Chicken Nuggets

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - Custom Loop | Motherboard -  MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM - Mushkin Redline (2x4GB) 2400Mhz   Graphics Card - GTX Titan X(Maxwell)  | Power Supply - Super Flower 80+ Gold 650w Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 256gb + 750 Seagate Hybrid + 1TB WD Green + Raid 0 4X500GB + Raid 1 500GB HDD Case - HAF-X | Colour Theme - Orange & Black | Monitor - ACER Predator x34 Overclock to 100hz

Just now, Abdullah Arif said:

i have dell bios

should i disable pci slot

No just remove your GPU for the moment. 

Chicken Nuggets

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - Custom Loop | Motherboard -  MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM - Mushkin Redline (2x4GB) 2400Mhz   Graphics Card - GTX Titan X(Maxwell)  | Power Supply - Super Flower 80+ Gold 650w Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 256gb + 750 Seagate Hybrid + 1TB WD Green + Raid 0 4X500GB + Raid 1 500GB HDD Case - HAF-X | Colour Theme - Orange & Black | Monitor - ACER Predator x34 Overclock to 100hz

Once you have done 

3 minutes ago, Hayabusa1989 said:

right click this pc - click 
Click Advanced system settings 

Click Remote

Under Remote Assitance : 
Click Allow Remote Assistance Connections to this computer

Under Remote Desktop : 

Allow Remote connections to this computer

do not click only allow connections from computers running remote desktop with network level authenticaion DO NOT TICK THIS. 

Then write down the name you have given your pc 

Then please take note of your Internal IP address aswell (NOT THE ONE YOU USE ON THE INTERNET) (ask if your not sure how i will guide you to it) 

Then switch the machine off and reinstall your GPU. 

Then switch the machine on and switch on a laptop. 

tell me when your at this stage :)

Chicken Nuggets

1 minute ago, Abdullah Arif said:

how do i find ip

okay so 

Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Centre

Right cleft click ethernet or wifi depending on your connection type 

then click details 

highlighted in yellow is the numbers you want

probs

192.168.0.5 or something. 

image.png.11c8ae2332f14bbd157ddc4cdaf7184c.png

Chicken Nuggets

im leaving work in 10 minutes so there might be a delay in my responses

Once you have the IP. 

Switch PC Off and reinstall GPU. Switch it back on but do not plug any display ports in at all. iGPU and GPU should have no display cables connected into them. 

Now switch your laptop on. 

Gonna be difficult to take you through the whole way can anyone here take him through remote desktop to his pc and re-flashing the GPU bios ? 

if not i will be home in around 1 hour and will take you through the rest of the steps. :)

Chicken Nuggets

As long as you have an alternate display adapter ( like an igpu ) , you can just flash it back using atiflash . Did you keep a backup of the original bios file?

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

9 minutes ago, Coaxialgamer said:

As long as you have an alternate display adapter ( like an igpu ) , you can just flash it back using atiflash . Did you keep a backup of the original bios file?

No he can't unfortunately because his mothrrboard disables igpu when normal GPU is plugged in

Chicken Nuggets

Just now, Hayabusa1989 said:

No he can't unfortunately because his motherboard disables igpu when normal GPU is plugged in

oh . that's weird.

To OP , do you happen to have an old gpu lying around and a way to plug two cards in ?

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

No he can't unfortunately because his mothrrboard disables igpu when normal GPU is plugged in

my bios is a16 how about i diable my pci?

Just now, Coaxialgamer said:

oh . that's weird.

To OP , do you happen to have an old gpu lying around and a way to plug two cards in ?

no but my bios is a16 dell can i do it by disableing my pci

Just now, Abdullah Arif said:

my bios is a16 how about i diable my pci?

Do not disable your PCI. If you do that you can't flash the GPU because windows will not detect it.

Chicken Nuggets

Do not disable your PCI. If you do that you can't flash the GPU because windows will not detect it.

he shouldn't be using windows for flashing gpus . he should be using freedos and atiflash .

1 minute ago, Coaxialgamer said:

oh . that's weird.

He doesn't :( hence why I'm trying to get him to remote desktop to his PC to connect in and flash that way but on train and can't guide him till I'm home

Chicken Nuggets

Just now, Coaxialgamer said:

he shouldn't be using windows for flashing gpus . he should be using freedos and atiflash .

But without a second GPU and his bios being dell idiotic proprietary bullshit corporate assholes I hate dell. How can he ?

Chicken Nuggets

1 minute ago, Abdullah Arif said:

k

Did you use Windows to flash it in the first place ?

Chicken Nuggets

Okay fantastic will be home soon

Chicken Nuggets