[Updated] Razer Phone to have a 120hz Screen. w/ Stream link & Product page

The Benjamins
25 minutes ago, Ginger137 said:

I never mentioned the bezels....

I do love phones with small bezels, that's why I have the s8. But I never mentioned them in my comment.. 

I said it was a brick, and I stand by that. It's thick, it's got a huge design to start with, and the ugly squared design of it does nothing to help it. Try shoving something squared off and big like that into your pockets, the only thing it'll do is tick you off that it catches on everything and pokes you. Now try it with something like an s8, iPhone, any other reputable handset manufacturer, there's a reason edges are rounded and the trend is slim and light.

On the other hand, 4000Mh battery

Lol he compares it to Gsync... It 100% is freesync which is a open source technology unlike Gsync.

PS: Dont forget, it's insane. Did I mention it's insane?

3 hours ago, Eduard the weeb said:

question is it actually this or is it reverse ? like 2560 by 1440p

my 2560x1440 screen is 1440x2560 if I rotate it 90 degrees. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

26 minutes ago, RagnarokDel said:

On the other hand, 4000Mh battery

Lol he compares it to Gsync... It 100% is freesync which is a open source technology unlike Gsync.

PS: Dont forget, it's insane. Did I mention it's insane?

Spec wise, yeah, it's great. But I'm just being practical here, do you want to lug around a giant awkward phone everywhere? This would be spectacular if they dropped the cellular ability and price a few hundred dollars and marketed it as a suped up small gaming tablet. Instead they made a Nvidia shield tab 2 mini with the latest hardware and cranked the price up to match. 

Its just impractical and clumsy to ever use this thing as an everyday phone for 90-95% of people. 

Fanboys are the worst thing to happen to the tech community World. Chief among them are Apple fanboys. 

It’s a niche product.

Because in the mainstream market, who knows what Razer is? Let alone Nextbit.

Sure, you know Razer for their gaming stuff but phones?

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

10 hours ago, Ginger137 said:

Spec wise, yeah, it's great. But I'm just being practical here, do you want to lug around a giant awkward phone everywhere? This would be spectacular if they dropped the cellular ability and price a few hundred dollars and marketed it as a suped up small gaming tablet. Instead they made a Nvidia shield tab 2 mini with the latest hardware and cranked the price up to match. 

Its just impractical and clumsy to ever use this thing as an everyday phone for 90-95% of people. 

you know how many people I see use their phone with one of those hard cases that make it really thick? A lot. The only reason I don't use those cases is I don't like how grippy it makes it, hard to pull out of my pocket. With larger phone screen, I find even my large hands have trouble gripping the phone shift the phone up or down to hit stuff at the top or bottom. More heft and I feel I could grasp it better. 

Just my THX certified 2 cents. 

fucking call it thx certified, talk about the dac, and it has no headphone jack

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

No Chroma?! How dare they not put RGB on it?!

On a more serious note, they should've put a headphone jack in there, even if they decrease the battery size because games love to chug battery power.  Without it, charging and using wired headphones will be impossible unless we either get a dongle that does both or buy wireless headphones

Desktop

Y4M1-II: AMD Ryzen 9-5900X | Asrock RX 6900XT Phantom Gaming D | Gigabyte RTX 4060 low profile | 64GB G.Skill Ripjaws V | 2TB Samsung 980 Pro + 4TB 870 EVO + 4TB SanDisk Ultra 3D + 8TB WD Black + 4TB WD Black HDD | Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL-X | Antec ST1000 1000W 80+ Titanium | MSI Optix MAG342CQR | BenQ EW3270U | Kubuntu

-------------------------------

Mobile devices

Kuroneko: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga 4th (Intel i7-10510U | 16GB RAM | 1TB SSD)

10 hours ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

It’s a niche product.

Because in the mainstream market, who knows what Razer is? Let alone Nextbit.

Sure, you know Razer for their gaming stuff but phones?

This is why the phone is priced the way it is. They could have easily made it cost 900 dollars or more, but the company knows nobody is going to buy it for that price. They're not known for making high-end mobile devices yet. It is cheaper than my Galaxy S7 Edge with better specs in every category.

We'll have to see how the quality control and availability is.

Just now, Shadestones said:

This is why the phone is priced the way it is. They could have easily made it cost 900 dollars or more, but the company knows nobody is going to buy it because they're not known for making mobile devices yet. It is cheaper than my Galaxy S7 Edge with better specs in every category.

We'll have to see how the quality control and availability is.

That’s exactly my thoughts. I think it’s a reasonable price for what it has in terms of specs, so we’ll just have to see what the availability and quality is like. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

11 hours ago, kokakolia said:

Ugh, don't be a bezel snob. This bezeless trend needs to die. They have to make so many compromises for that effect. The iPhone X is just horrible! There's nothing wrong with the Razer phone. It's fine. 

I am pretty sure the only compromise is front speakers. Even then its minimal on the Pixel 2 XL. Bezel less phones need to stay.  Whether or not you like the looks its much more practical to remove bezels to increase screen size. 

The razor phone is just too big and this is coming from someone who had a Note 2,3 Nexus 6, 6P then to my S8+. Nothing compares to the form factor of my S8+. 

2 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

I am pretty sure the only compromise is front speakers. Even then its minimal on the Pixel 2 XL. Bezel less phones need to stay.  Whether or not you like the looks its much more practical to remove bezels to increase screen size. 

The razor phone is just too big and this is coming from someone who had a Note 2,3 Nexus 6, 6P then to my S8+. Nothing compares to the form factor of my S8+. 

The Razer phone is in the same ballpark as a Note8 size-wize.

I wouldn't have a problem with it actually. At least the bezels are put to very good use with a pair of super beefy speakers.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

39 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

you know how many people I see use their phone with one of those hard cases that make it really thick? A lot. The only reason I don't use those cases is I don't like how grippy it makes it, hard to pull out of my pocket. With larger phone screen, I find even my large hands have trouble gripping the phone shift the phone up or down to hit stuff at the top or bottom. More heft and I feel I could grasp it better. 

Just my THX certified 2 cents. 

fucking call it thx certified, talk about the dac, and it has no headphone jack

I do too, and most I know use a belt holster because it makes their fairly smallish iPhone or whatever huge. 

Now imagine what this already giant phone will look like with a lifeproof or one of those terrible Otterbox cases. Literally a brick then. 

Its just too big and so the amount of people it will actually appeal to is tiny. 

Fanboys are the worst thing to happen to the tech community World. Chief among them are Apple fanboys. 

2 minutes ago, Ginger137 said:

I do too, and most I know use a belt holster because it makes their fairly smallish iPhone or whatever huge. 

Now imagine what this already giant phone will look like with a lifeproof or one of those terrible Otterbox cases. Literally a brick then. 

Its just too big and so the amount of people it will actually appeal to is tiny. 

yah I couldn't imagine it with a large hard case, but once could just use a thin rubber grip.

People like me who hate phone cases wouldn't mind. never once used a phone case in my life. Related, never broken a phone by damaging it.  

muh specs 

All parts black

7 minutes ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

I wouldn't have a problem with it actually. At least the bezels are put to very good use with a pair of super beefy speakers.

A tad shorter but wider which is my problem. 

Its like 100% the same size as my 6P but with pointed corners. I held my 6P again and cant go back. Like yeahs i looks like it has beefy speakers but its that the actual speaker size or just the grill? 

25 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

Bezel less phones need to stay.

Fuck that. Reaching over on many flagships leads to unintended input.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

22 minutes ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

Yep! I'll take a slightly smaller screen for better speakers thanks. 

Also, what's wrong with having a fat chin and a forhead? It wasn't a problem last year but now it's a cardinal sin. Oh no! Not the chin! Anything but the chin!

8 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Fuck that. Reaching over on many flagships leads to unintended input.

You obviously have not used any of these bezeless flagships have you? If you did you knew that thats just false. How about read some reviews on palm rejection before assuming. 

Just now, mynameisjuan said:

You obviously have not used any of these bezeless flagships have you? If you did you knew that thats just false. How about read some reviews on palm rejection before assuming. 

I own twin S8s, after playing with just about every flagship AT&T offers. Palm rejection is a bad joke, and so are bezeless phones.

And the S8 was the lesser offenders, only due to the curved edge placing the screen less than 1mm away from skin. 

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

4 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

I own twin S8s, after playing with just about every flagship AT&T offers. Palm rejection is a bad joke, and so are bezeless phones.

And the S8 was the lesser offenders, only due to the curved edge placing the screen less than 1mm away from skin. 

Well many others think other wise, professional and consumer reviews. If you dont like bezeless phones then why the fuck did you buy two of them.

1 minute ago, mynameisjuan said:

Well many others think other wise, professional and consumer reviews. If you dont like bezeless phones then why the fuck did you buy two of them.

One was free, and because my previous phones where the 950XL and the S6, and no Android phone below a flagship or running near stock suffices. Same issue on the S6, 950XL updates kept getting corrupted on first install.

And to be quite frank, observing some of those that think otherwise, I've come to the conclusion that many of them are idiots that ignore problems like this brcause they've become accustom to it.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

2 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Same issue on the S6, 950XL

Well if you had the same issue on two phones that def are not bezeless how about not gripping the phone by the screen. Like seriously you are calling us idiots because we dont know better yet you cant use even a phone with decent bezels without mistouching. 

Sorry but the problem doesnt have to do with bezeless phones. 

Well if you had the same issue on two phones that def are not bezeless how about not gripping the phone by the screen. Like seriously you are calling us idiots because we dont know better yet you cant use even a phone with decent bezels without mistouching. 

Sorry but the problem doesnt have to do with bezeless phones. 

I've held these phones just about every way under the sun. My natural use has me man handling phones a thousand different ways, depending on where I am and what I'm doing. The problem persists. Everyone with a bezeless phone I observed has these issues.

Not a single person with a S5, Note 4, iPhone 6, Moto X, Lumia 1000 or 600 series, all phones with a good bit of bezel that is well out of the way.

And the S8 is as bezeless as any other phone out there.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

8 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

I've held these phones just about every way under the sun. My natural use has me man handling phones a thousand different ways, depending on where I am and what I'm doing. The problem persists. Everyone with a bezeless phone I observed has these issues.

Not a single person with a S5, Note 4, iPhone 6, Moto X, Lumia 1000 or 600 series, all phones with a good bit of bezel that is well out of the way.

And the S8 is as bezeless as any other phone out there.

Again, this is your problem, not the phones you are having issues with. I mean do you want them to develop palm recognition for all 1000s ways you hold your phone?

Again, this is your problem, not the phones you are having issues with. I mean do you want them to develop palm recognition for all 1000s ways you hold your phone?

They could start with one.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

11 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

They could start with one.

I mean yeah when you hold your phone like this you are going to miss click.

Spoiler

Image result for essential phone twitter

Like seriously, you seem to be the only affected where it makes your life miserable. 

Like seriously, you seem to be the only affected where it makes your life miserable. 

No, apparently I'm the only user that doesn't settle for mediocre.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.