[Updated] Razer Phone to have a 120hz Screen. w/ Stream link & Product page

The Benjamins
3 hours ago, EthanCoow said:

Interested to see how apps and the UI take advantage of that screen, they might do it the way Apple does it with the iPad Pro.

But, this thing is gonna be seriously expensive, I wouldn't be surprised if they priced it around $1000. And also don't forget that Razer tax.

They aren't going to be priced at $1,000. I'm guessing more starting at $750.

-Didja (Josh)

4 minutes ago, Didja said:

The heck do you mean they can't make reliable keyboards? They make amazing, durable products that last 5+ years, especially keyboards and mice 

That kinda depends on the product.

I was asking what mouse to buy only a few weeks ago. Some Mamba owners chimed in saying that their mice developed issues after a while.

All companies are not immune to issues, just that Razer’s forte isn’t QA at this point.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

5 minutes ago, Didja said:

The heck do you mean they can't make reliable keyboards? They make amazing, durable products that last 5+ years, especially keyboards and mice 

Pre-2013, yes. 

The last few years.....not so much. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

2 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

Pre-2013, yes. 

The last few years.....not so much. 

I am what most people call a "Razer Fanboy" I guess,  but I have used all theirs products, and have never developed issues with any of my products,  yes they are bound to happen to any product, not just Razer. 

-Didja (Josh)

3 minutes ago, Didja said:

they are bound to happen to any product, not just Razer. 

Yes, but Razer tends to have more QC issues than most. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I... really thought this was a joke.. Like they were kidding about 8Gigs of RAM, and high refresh rate screen.. I know for media consumption it can be very important.. and that mobile gaming is a thing, a big thing... But seriously? Also 13:37, phone? Yeah... I think someone is trolling.

Personal Rig:

[UPGRADE]

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900X    Mb: Gigabyte X570 Gaming X    RAM: 2x16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Pro    GPU: Gigabyte NVIDIA RTX 3070    Case: Corsair 400D    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: Antec 850W 80+ Gold    Display(s): GAOO, 现代e窗, Samsung 4K TV

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / Garuda

[OLD]

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 @ 3.2 GHz    Mb: Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3    RAM: 2x4GB DDR4 GSKILL RIPJAWS 4    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960    Case: Aerocool PSG V2X Advance    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronce    Display(s): Samsung LS19B150

Cooling: Aerocool Shark White    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / OpenSUSE

This looks like it could be a pretty decent phone, and a high price tag would make sense because of the Razer Tax plus with how much phones are just costing anymore it's probably going to be around $800-$1000 easy. Will have to see how it goes though, most of the Razer products I have bought out of the gate have usually been bad choices (mostly their watches).

3 hours ago, ramencupofjoy said:

If Razer can't even make reliable keyboards there's no way in hell I'm trusting them with a phone.

Well, if they simply used the Nextbit Robin body, you can literally break that phone in half with your bare hands, with minimum effort. It's almost entirely plastic. Look up some youtube vids, its hilarious.

Now what we really want to know is there's going to be a special RGB feature on it?! :P 

>8GB RAM

How to spot an Android Phone 101

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

11 minutes ago, SlayeRaph said:

Now what we really want to know is there's going to be a special RGB feature on it?! :P 

The picture you see, that's actually the CHROMA back.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

I always dreamed of playing candy crush at glorious, GLORIOUS 1440p 120fps.

Jokes aside, I don't think this has any gaming potential, simply because there are no good games on mobile that benefit from it. It will just be smoother when swiping, and that's about it.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Wow, 120Hz 1440p, so relevant for a phone. If my monitor was like that, it would be godlike. I find it ridiculous to put this stuff in PHONES.

Whats next? 4k 240Hz microwave-timer display? I cant wait!

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

5 minutes ago, Taja said:

Wow, 120Hz 1440p, so relevant for a phone. If my monitor was like that, it would be godlike. I find it ridiculous to put this stuff in PHONES.

Whats next? 4k 240Hz microwave-timer display? I cant wait!

I don't think phones should have a higher res then 1080p, but 120hz helps with scrolling. it makes it possible to read text while scrolling and give the UI a smother feel.

120hz if useful out side of gaming.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Just now, The Benjamins said:

I don't think phones should have a higher res then 1080p, but 120hz helps with scrolling. it makes it possible to read text while scrolling and give the UI a smother feel.

I disagree. I mean, you may be right, but I do not agree with the ""need"" of this ""feature"". For me its like paying a premium to have a bionic arm to put grapes in my mouth. It is useful? Well, yes, but is still stupid af.

But thats my opinion, and I live in a 3rd world country, and its literaly a first world problem the scrolling speed of a device.

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

12 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

Most phones are stuck at either 1080P & 1440P, only Sony makes phones that have higher at native 4K (*strokes my Xperia XZ Premium* :)

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

Just what I expected really. 120Hz for sure, 8GB RAM and dual front facing speakers. And definitely great battery. So all in all great specs for sure, 120Hz will be lovely.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

6 minutes ago, Taja said:

I disagree. I mean, you may be right, but I do not agree with the ""need"" of this ""feature"". For me its like paying a premium to have a bionic arm to put grapes in my mouth. It is useful? Well, yes, but is still stupid af.

But thats my opinion, and I live in a 3rd world country, and its literaly a first world problem the scrolling speed of a device.

Never said it was a feature you need, just say that 120hz has some uses. a good example is a person who reads a lot of emails on their phone, with a 120hz screen it would make reading emails easier and faster.

and also with variable refresh technology it can have a very small battery life impact.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

1 hour ago, Didja said:

I made the mistake of buying a Blackwidow. 2 switches broke in the first couple months.

Just now, The Benjamins said:

Never said it was a feature you need, just say that 120hz has some uses. a good example is a person who reads a lot of emails on their phone, with a 120hz screen it would make reading emails easier and faster.

and also with variable refresh technology it can have a very small battery life impact.

Yeah, but still. I feel it is useless in so many levels. If panel technology was more advanced I would get it, like nowadays everything has internet just because we can. But honestly this is more a a marketing stunt and a thing take makes people justify their purchase.

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

I'm placing my bet here and now. This phone is going to cost over $999

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

I’m gonna need a Razer Core just to run Clash Royale... 

3600X @ stocke | 5600XT TUF OC @ 1850 | 2x16 + 2x8 RAM 3200 HD | 1tb Samsung 970 EVO Plus | Lian Li 205M | TT Toughpower Grand RGB 850 | throwaway b450 asus mobo | BQ cooler

120Hz Hearthstone. Great

Edit: My point is, what would you be playing on your phone anyways? Puzzle/Card games work best for me. I don't need the horse power.