Miscapitalization in new user titles for Floatplane subscribers

So this is probably the most minor issue ever, but I've just noticed LMG PIlot under people's names, which should obviously be LMG Pilot. Clearly someone held the shift key for too long :P

huh? why isnt it FP pilot anymore? 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

20 minutes ago, Space Reptile said:

huh? why isnt it FP pilot anymore? 

Because of how forum member groups work. They need to separate groups to restrict access to certain subforums. So LMG pilot gives access to LMG content only. You need to buy another subscription to get Bitwit content and gain access to that subforum.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just now, LoGiCalDrm said:

Because of how forum member groups work. They need to separate groups to restrict access to certain subforums. So LMG pilot gives access to LMG content only. You need to buy another subscription to get Bitwit content and gain access to that subforum.

there is bitwit stuff now????
WHAT 

and why do i pay more for that ? i was under the impression it was 3 bucks for the whole thing 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

5 hours ago, Space Reptile said:

there is bitwit stuff now????
WHAT 

and why do i pay more for that ? i was under the impression it was 3 bucks for the whole thing 

Not yet available.

And LMG has been very clear whole time that you pay per creator for amount they decide on. Otherwise this would end like Vessel.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

So, what would a BitWit Pilot title look like? I'm assuming we cant sign up for JUST BitWit content, we have to also subscribe to LMG as well before we unlock access to other creator's.

It'd be kinda cool to have badges for each Sub like the Folding ones

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

43 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

So, what would a BitWit Pilot title look like? I'm assuming we cant sign up for JUST BitWit content, we have to also subscribe to LMG as well before we unlock access to other creator's.

It'd be kinda cool to have badges for each Sub like the Folding ones

Each creator will be separate. We'll be discussing how it works on this week's WAN Show.

8 hours ago, Space Reptile said:

Bitwit content

Doesn't bitwit already do that paid youtube channel to watch his stuff early?

3 minutes ago, 1re said:

Doesn't bitwit already do that paid youtube channel to watch his stuff early?

YouTube are stopping all paid channels (I think at the end of the month).

Main rig: CPU: Intel Core i5 6600k | GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (FE) | Mobo: Asus Z170-A | RAM: 16GB 2666MHz Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4 | Storage: 512GB Crucial SSD (Ubuntu 23.04) | Case: Corsair 400C |

Laptop: 2023 MacBook Pro 14" | 12 core M2 Pro | 32 GB Unified Memory |

NAS: Synology DS216+II

5 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Otherwise this would end like Vessel.

i always thought this was a vessel replacement 

PSU Tier list

Just now, Space Reptile said:

i always thought this was a vessel replacement 

It is. But we don't want this to be shutdown because business model isn't sustainable. Paying single fee for all content means either of two things. 1. Fee needs to be high to compensate lack of users vs creators 2. There needs to be ton of users vs creators and still everyone would be losing money.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just now, LoGiCalDrm said:

It is. But we don't want this to be shutdown because business model isn't sustainable. Paying single fee for all content means either of two things. 1. Fee needs to be high to compensate lack of users vs creators 2. There needs to be ton of users vs creators and still everyone would be losing money.

idlove for rates to be adjusted in the future tho , as if you where to follow 10 creators would cost you quite alot in the end ,

maybe put a hardcap at 15 or a "get em all tier" at 15$ ? @LinusTech @Slick

PSU Tier list

1 hour ago, Space Reptile said:

idlove for rates to be adjusted in the future tho , as if you where to follow 10 creators would cost you quite alot in the end ,

maybe put a hardcap at 15 or a "get em all tier" at 15$ ? @LinusTech @Slick

I like this idea. :) Was actually thinking of something similar, with somewhat different pricing.

For, say, $10/month or $80/year, you can watch videos from any creators you like, up to maybe 5 unique videos a day, or 30 a week or something like that.  (There'd be no limit to how many times you could watch each video.)

Maybe for $20/month or $160/year, the limit goes up to 15/day or 100/week, and $30/month (or $240/year) gets unlimited access.  That would likely be for when there's more creators on FP.

Also it'd be nice to see like a free preview tier, where you can see the video descriptions and watch like 15 or 30 seconds or so, to whet your appetite. Then from there, maybe an option to purchase per-video, maybe 25¢ or 50¢ or something like that.

25 minutes ago, PianoPlayer88Key said:

I like this idea. :) Was actually thinking of something similar, with somewhat different pricing.

For, say, $10/month or $80/year, you can watch videos from any creators you like, up to maybe 5 unique videos a day, or 30 a week or something like that.  (There'd be no limit to how many times you could watch each video.)

Maybe for $20/month or $160/year, the limit goes up to 15/day or 100/week, and $30/month (or $240/year) gets unlimited access.  That would likely be for when there's more creators on FP.

Also it'd be nice to see like a free preview tier, where you can see the video descriptions and watch like 15 or 30 seconds or so, to whet your appetite. Then from there, maybe an option to purchase per-video, maybe 25¢ or 50¢ or something like that.

It's a cool idea, and with all the demand for bundles it's certainly something we'll look into, but I won't promise anything now.. It makes payment splits between creators very complicated and the odds that we'll get everyone to agree one a way that's fair is basically 0..

We don't want to just start building features and lose track of what the platform IS - it's a tool for individual creators (or who knows.. maybe bands of them) to reduce their reliance on big name companies like Google and get closer to their audiences.

Anything we build for the foreseeable future will be all about those two goals.