Assassins Creed Origin DRM Hammers Gamers’ CPUs

jagdtigger
2 hours ago, jagdtigger said:
Spoiler

Well it seems ubisoft totally lost it, 2 DRM is worse enough in itself but to call on one of them non-stop is just insane. Im afraid if this is not stopped in its tracks it will "infect" other studios as well... They always complain about piracy but for some reason only the paying customer gets screwed , meanwhile pirates have a better experience because the resource hog DRM is stripped out from their game. Ubisoft tries to grasp harder but in the end they will loose even more because of that... 9_9

In my opinion piracy is more of a good thing than bad. Many people only download games to try them out if it's worth their money or not.

On the other hand there are people who simply can't afford games and or software so they just pirate them. (I think most of us are guilty of it)

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

9 minutes ago, MageTank said:

Thank you for confirming my point about piracy. It's not a matter of it being inaccessible, it's a matter of people thinking they are entitled to have the luxuries others spend their hard earned money on, for free.

I also fail to see what me being from the US has to do with anything. I was not born with a silver spoon in my mouth, and have held a job since the age of 12 to afford the things I want. My PC was not bought for me, and I never asked my parents for the things I wanted in life once I was of age to work for what I wanted. If you walked up to me in person, and told me you pirate because you cannot afford it, i'll tell you to spend less time pirating games, and more time looking for work/improving your livelihood.

I get it, that truth is not ideal, because it requires great effort, but you people are going to seriously try to convince me that piracy is okay when you can't afford it? You people have access to electricity, internet, PC with hardware strong enough to play video games, etc, and this is how you try to guilt trip me? Give me a break. 

Also, it took me 2 years of work to build my first gaming PC. I made $80 every other 2 weeks working summers starting at the age of 12, started saving at 13,  and I built my first "gaming PC" when I was 15. I still have that 9800GT sitting on my desk as a reminder. Granted, it has an AMD CPU fan zip-tied to it, it's still my first card, and the sentiments of it remain the same. 

I get a feeling he's talking about having for $80 every 2 weeks in wages while also having cost of living expenses type of deals. I could be wrong but I think games are actually adjusted in pricing for those regions. I think pc hardware is not though.

8700k @5.0GHz | Maximus X Hero | RAM 32GB @3200MHz CL14 | 1080 TI | SSD 250GB + 2x500GB Raid 0 | Monitor 1440p 165Hz ISP

7 minutes ago, A_Mediocre_Kangaroo_Farmer said:

I get a feeling he's talking about having for $80 every 2 weeks in wages while also having cost of living expenses type of deals. I could be wrong but I think games are actually adjusted in pricing for those regions. I think pc hardware is not though.

Thank you. 

Also, you know that in many places it's actually illegal / impossible to work as a minor? 

Don't give a a BS of hard earned money. I'm on the same boat. I had a Celeron 700Mhz when people had C2D E8400. I was buying games for 3 usd 10 years old because that was the only thing my PC could run.

I earned every penny and build my PC part by part. Then upgraded it etc. Also games I play are not expensive. AAA gaming is dead to me as far as I'm concerned (at least for present prices).

I'm not pirating, but fuck man. I do understand people from countries where it's super fucking hard to get this things. Just because somebody is poor it means that they can't have any enjoyment from life? Sure.

$80 every other week? Dude, that's like a half salary of full time job for some people. You don't get that?

BTW. I'm not supporting Piracy, never did and never will (over 200 titles on steam...). I prefer to play my CS:GO for another 1000h. 

Some people don't really have a choice. That's all.

Intel i7 3770k@4.7GHz delidded NZXT Kraken x62 Asus P8Z77-V PRO/Thunderbolt | G.Skill Ripjaws Z 16GB (2x8GB) 2400Mhz | EVGA GTX 1070 FTW

Phanteks Eclipse P400 Tempered Glass | EVGA SuperNOVA 750W P2 | 840 evo 256gb + HyperX 3k 480gb + 2 HDD (2TB) Asus Essence STX + Sennheiser HD580

AOC G2460PG 144Hz 24" + Asus VH236H 23" | Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Stealth | Logitech G703

Windows 10 Pro

Pixelbook 2017 (i5, 8GB, 128GB)

Just now, A_Mediocre_Kangaroo_Farmer said:

I'll admit, I did not have to pay any bills as a kid (not until I got my car and phone, then insurance, gas and phone bills became a reality) but he did mention teenagers, which led me to believe they are not paying bills as well.

I've been on the receiving end of being poor, so I completely understand wanting things and not being able to have them. However, it does not magically make taking what does not belong to you okay either. It's about having the discipline to use those wants to drive yourself to a position in which you will be able to obtain those wants. 

1 minute ago, Ekst4zy said:

Thank you. 

Also, you know that in many places it's actually illegal / impossible to work as a minor? 

Don't give a a BS of hard earned money. I'm on the same boat. I had a Celeron 700Mhz when people had C2D E8400. I was buying games for 3 usd 10 years old because that was the only thing my PC could run.

I earned every penny and build my PC part by part. Then upgraded it etc. Also games I play are not expensive. AAA gaming is dead to me as far as I'm concerned (at least for present prices).

I'm not pirating, but fuck man. I do understand people from countries where it's super fucking hard to get this things. Just because somebody is poor it means that they can't have any enjoyment from life? Sure.

$80 every other week? Dude, that's like a half salary of full time job for some people. You don't get that?

Your point still makes no sense. If people live in an extremely poor country where it's hard to find jobs and make a living, how can they afford electricity, internet, and a computer in the first place? If I was having it rough, the first thing I would get rid of is my PC. I am fully aware that it's a luxury item, and not essential to my lifestyle as far as survival goes. 

Your entire point is "some people really can't buy things", but we are speaking in the context of video games/movies. You make it out like I am trying to say poor people don't deserve to enjoy life, when that's simply not the case. Some people are dealt terrible hands, but you can't just take what doesn't belong to you just because you feel entitled to have it. There is absolutely no way you will be able to change my mind on that, because it's an extremely simple fact. Having access to video games and entertainment is not a human right, nor are we owed the content we consume from these companies. To take it without paying, because we would rather spend our money elsewhere, is asinine. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

9 minutes ago, Ekst4zy said:

Thank you. 

BTW. I'm not supporting Piracy, never did and never will (over 200 titles on steam...). I prefer to play my CS:GO for another 1000h. 

Some people don't really have a choice. That's all.

I get it. Though $160 a month can be a day's pay for some and a years pay for others the exact number is besides the point. working hard is still hard no matter the pay so I disagree with you there. There is a diffrence between working and saving towards something you want and just buying it because you feel like it. Seems to me you both have had to take the first approach, as have I.

1 minute ago, MageTank said:

I'll admit, I did not have to pay any bills as a kid (not until I got my car and phone, then insurance, gas and phone bills became a reality) but he did mention teenagers, which led me to believe they are not paying bills as well.

I've been on the receiving end of being poor, so I completely understand wanting things and not being able to have them. However, it does not magically make taking what does not belong to you okay either. It's about having the discipline to use those wants to drive yourself to a position in which you will be able to obtain those wants. 

Your point still makes no sense. If people live in an extremely poor country where it's hard to find jobs and make a living, how can they afford electricity, internet, and a computer in the first place? If I was having it rough, the first thing I would get rid of is my PC. I am fully aware that it's a luxury item, and not essential to my lifestyle as far as survival goes. 

Your entire point is "some people really can't buy things", but we are speaking in the context of video games/movies. You make it out like I am trying to say poor people don't deserve to enjoy life, when that's simply not the case. Some people are dealt terrible hands, but you can't just take what doesn't belong to you just because you feel entitled to have it. There is absolutely no way you will be able to change my mind on that, because it's an extremely simple fact. Having access to video games and entertainment is not a human right, nor are we owed the content we consume from these companies. To take it without paying, because we would rather spend our money elsewhere, is asinine. 

Yep, pretty much this.

8700k @5.0GHz | Maximus X Hero | RAM 32GB @3200MHz CL14 | 1080 TI | SSD 250GB + 2x500GB Raid 0 | Monitor 1440p 165Hz ISP

2 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

In destiny 2 the crates don't do much.  It just makes you look fancy, but has no pay to win options to it.  And, you can get them for free.

Still, 90 cad man. Damn.

Intel i7 3770k@4.7GHz delidded NZXT Kraken x62 Asus P8Z77-V PRO/Thunderbolt | G.Skill Ripjaws Z 16GB (2x8GB) 2400Mhz | EVGA GTX 1070 FTW

Phanteks Eclipse P400 Tempered Glass | EVGA SuperNOVA 750W P2 | 840 evo 256gb + HyperX 3k 480gb + 2 HDD (2TB) Asus Essence STX + Sennheiser HD580

AOC G2460PG 144Hz 24" + Asus VH236H 23" | Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Stealth | Logitech G703

Windows 10 Pro

10 minutes ago, MageTank said:

Sure. I never said that you have to pay bills (but it can be the case, I know people who had to do it). 

I just said that 160 USD a month is something that is out of reach for some people. That's like 3-4 AAA games a month or a whole PC in like 5 months.

When you have to save for a year to even buy a PC, you expect people to save MONTHS to buy a AAA game?

I'm really done here. Nothing else to say. when your currency is worth 4x less that single $1, games then cost 200 and you still earn the same "amount" try justifying a purchase. 

Windows 10 Pro

3 minutes ago, Ekst4zy said:

Sure. I never said that you have to pay bills (but it can be the case, I know people who had to do it). 

I just said that 160 USD a month is something that is out of reach for some people. That's like 3-4 AAA games a month or a whole PC in like 5 months.

When you have to save for a year to even buy a PC, you expect people to save MONTHS to buy a AAA game?

I'm really done here. Nothing else to say. when your currency is worth 4x less that single $1, games then cost 200 and you still earn the same "amount" try justifying a purchase. 

There are many free games out there. When I first built my PC, it was to play a free MMO called Silkroad Online. I didn't buy AAA titles until high school, and even those were purchased a few years after their initial release. Many online retailers adjust their pricing according to the economy of countries, and you can find free to play games that, while it may not be the genre or title you want, will still entertain you. 

You keep making this about country of origin or about my pay, but you never address the options that people have when they are in that situation. As I've said time and time again, 9 times out of 10, piracy stems from a sense of entitlement. "I can't afford it, and others can, therefore it's only fair that I get to take it for free". That's not fair to the people that put the time and effort into creating the product in the first place.

I know the stance most people take on this forum when it comes to piracy. I know it opens up a can of worms every single time I take a hard stance against piracy, but I've yet to find an example of piracy that makes sense in the grand scheme of things. There seems to be some cult-level belief that "piracy out of necessity" is real, but I've yet to see it in action. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

12 minutes ago, MageTank said:

There are many free games out there. When I first built my PC, it was to play a free MMO called Silkroad Online. I didn't buy AAA titles until high school, and even those were purchased a few years after their initial release. Many online retailers adjust their pricing according to the economy of countries, and you can find free to play games that, while it may not be the genre or title you want, will still entertain you. 

You keep making this about country of origin or about my pay, but you never address the options that people have when they are in that situation. As I've said time and time again, 9 times out of 10, piracy stems from a sense of entitlement. "I can't afford it, and others can, therefore it's only fair that I get to take it for free". That's not fair to the people that put the time and effort into creating the product in the first place.

I know the stance most people take on this forum when it comes to piracy. I know it opens up a can of worms every single time I take a hard stance against piracy, but I've yet to find an example of piracy that makes sense in the grand scheme of things. There seems to be some cult-level belief that "piracy out of necessity" is real, but I've yet to see it in action. 

Again, I'm against piracy. I just have a different view at it. I pay for games because developer deserved my money. Never because it's cool and new. That's not enough. I also know that schools are pretty ruthless and it's not easy not to buy this crappy games. (you have stuff to talk about with people?).

Cheers.

Windows 10 Pro

It's puzzling in some ways why they stick to these outdated modes of sales. If they got rid of different market places "regions" and had  a true world market and sold the items for less money, I believe they would actually make more profit, and perhaps even more if they made it DRM free and soemthing like "demo the full game" being the actual full game that you get to try for 48 hours before paying for it, then if you don't like it, retract your transaction. Same goes for movies and music, but with a different "try" period.

They are too worried that people would hate the content and not pay, but if you make good games/movies/music and cheap enough then perhaps more people will buy it and not feel cheated. I think it's a case of trust, they do not trust that we would pay for the content if given a full trial, but they don't understand that perhaps many many pirates are that way becuase they lost the trust they had for media companies because of all the bad things that have happened and vow never again to get cheated by trying the stuff first and voting with their money.

That's my take on it anyway, I lost count of the amount of times in the past that I bought a CD based on a good single that was released, and the rest of the album was crap... this was before the digital age where you could buy stuff online (mostly) and/or listen to samples beforehand. And similar things with games looking good on promos/adverts and being crap for gameplay etc. With movies it was mostly my own fault buying films before seeing them first, but back then it was in some ways easier to buy the movie for £10 or whatever rather than paying almost that much for a visit to the cinema after travelling/snacks.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

4 hours ago, MageTank said:

Thank you for confirming my point about piracy. It's not a matter of it being inaccessible, it's a matter of people thinking they are entitled to have the luxuries others spend their hard earned money on, for free.

I also fail to see what me being from the US has to do with anything. I was not born with a silver spoon in my mouth, and have held a job since the age of 12 to afford the things I want. My PC was not bought for me, and I never asked my parents for the things I wanted in life once I was of age to work for what I wanted. If you walked up to me in person, and told me you pirate because you cannot afford it, i'll tell you to spend less time pirating games, and more time looking for work/improving your livelihood.

I get it, that truth is not ideal, because it requires great effort, but you people are going to seriously try to convince me that piracy is okay when you can't afford it? You people have access to electricity, internet, PC with hardware strong enough to play video games, etc, and this is how you try to guilt trip me? Give me a break. 

Also, it took me 2 years of work to build my first gaming PC. I made $80 every other 2 weeks working summers starting at the age of 12, started saving at 13,  and I built my first "gaming PC" when I was 15. I still have that 9800GT sitting on my desk as a reminder. Granted, it has an AMD CPU fan zip-tied to it, it's still my first card, and the sentiments of it remain the same. 

Agreed. I been working since I was 11. Now I am 40. I make close to 6 figures but I still can't afford some luxuries. Doesn't mean I would steal for it. Gaming and movies are luxuries, not necessities. 

If you can't afford it, save up or find something else that is cheaper to distract your time with. Libraries were great distractions when I was growing up, as they were free. My parents came here fresh off the boat with no money. We made due with what we could afford. 

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

7 hours ago, Adimo said:

Well, the point of it is you can't pirate it.... yet.

yes you can :)

6 hours ago, MageTank said:

This is nonsense. If you intend to consume their product, you are a "potential customer". The fact that you do not want to pay for it, does not mean they didn't lose what would have been a potential profit had you actually paid for the product.

People can argue the theoretical loss all day long, but if they spend money to create a product, and people consume it without paying, it's still a real loss. The product not being physical does not change that. 

I know a lot of people claim to pirate based on lack of legitimate availability, but most of the piracy I see around video games, stems from this lack of entitlement people seem to have these days. They want everything under the sun, but do not want to work or pay for it. While I still don't personally buy the "I can't obtain it legitimately" excuse (again, you are not entitled to obtain it legitimately either if they've yet to make it available in your area), I tend to show more understanding for those that at least do so for said reason. If you are pirating a game because you feel it's not worth the asking price, you are clearly a consumer that WANTS the product, but simply doesn't want to pay for it. You are part of the problem.

i pirate for a couple reasons.

i have legit interest in a game, but not willing to pay $60 when it should be $30.

i have legit interesting in the game, but Im broke and dont have the $60 but want to play it anyways. this usually ends up with me paying for it eventually.

or, i have some minor interest in the game, but im not sure if ill actually enjoy it. it takes me longer than 2 hours(steams refund timer) to decide if i like it or not. itll get pirated, played until i actually know if its good or not, if i like it, ill buy it when i have the money. if i dont, it gets deleted and i dont have to worry about fighting for a refund.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

In other news PC manufactures are getting a spike in returns, asking for refunds, while gaming consoles are showing a massive increase in sales.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

6 hours ago, MageTank said:

it's still a real loss. The product not being physical does not change that. 

Yes it does change it dramatically.

Yes, it's theft obviously, but no real loss happened.

VMProtect will hear from Microsoft's lawyers very soon..

vmprotect.jpg

o2000.png

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

3 hours ago, paddy-stone said:

It's puzzling in some ways why they stick to these outdated modes of sales. If they got rid of different market places "regions" and had  a true world market and sold the items for less money, I believe they would actually make more profit, 

Because different markets have different sales restrictions, many requiring language localization for goods, even digital goods, to be sold there? Because if I make a game that breaks EU law and then sell it in the EU, I can still be charged with a crime even though I live and operate out of Canada? Because taxes and duties vary from market to market and if you're an international corporation you have to register for tax status in each of these markets and keep track of invoices on a per market basis? 

International trade is fucked. That's why international sales of digital goods is fucked.

@MageTank Piracy is not theft in the colloquial or technical sense because theft, by definition, is taking something away from someone else.

You argued about it on the basis that companies charged people for theft, but that's completely misinformed. Companies charged people for copyright infringement.

There is a fundamental difference between property law (you stole my bread) and IP law (you copied my art). Piracy in the digital sense is the latter.

If you paint a copy of someone else's painting to put up on your wall, that's not theft. Copying a videogame is not theft in precisely the same way. You're violating that person's copyright, but you're not stealing anything.

You're also talking about a literally victimless crime. Let's ignore motivation for now and assume that as you say it's motivated by a sense of entitlement. Who does it hurt? If an individual cannot afford to buy a game, then they're not a potential customer whether they're interested in a product or not. As you so keenly pointed out, there's a difference between wants and needs, and people are more likely to spend money on food and electricity and heating and a computer and other needs. If those needs take priority and they didn't have the intention to buy a product anyways it costs the company nothing. They take 0 potential dollars from the company. They cost the company 0 bandwidth. That is true regardless of whether they're entitled or not.

As far as whether a computer, internet, and power are necessities, Can you honestly say that in today's day and age they're not? In large swaths of the first and second world you *cannot* get a job without a computer, you *cannot* apply for social services without a computer, you *cannot* manage your finances without a computer. Period. There are a lot of places now with no walk in interviews, that don't take resumes, and where you don't have the option to just walk into a bank.

That's not even getting into the question of mental health and that in many regions the levels of stress are magnitudes higher than in the past, free recreational services are largely inaccessible, and even in places that are recreation and tension release aren't one size fits all activities. A recreational activity that poorly fits a person can be more stressful than even a lack of recreation. Mental health is at an all time slump right now.

Your arguments stem from a privledged position and are full of just as much of a sense of entitlement as the "thieves" you're talking about. You talk about how *you* did all of these things so it's possible to be done, but just because it's possible for *you* doesn't mean it's possible for *everyone*. There are a lot of places, even in the US, where people have no opportunity for the kind of self improvement you mentioned. Everywhere you mention entitled people, all I see is you saying "They deserve less because I have more opportunity than them." and "I'm better than them because I make money and have a sense  of moral superiority.". I absolutely hate this term, but this is a place where I have to use it because it applies so specifically... "Check your privledge."

4 hours ago, MageTank said:

Silkroad Online

Hell yea, great game. Wicked grind curve after like lvl 30 from memory though.

5 hours ago, MageTank said:

Your point still makes no sense. If people live in an extremely poor country where it's hard to find jobs and make a living, how can they afford electricity, internet, and a computer in the first place?

I don't know if anyone has ever told you this before, but there's an entire world out there outside your little bubble of life experience. And it has an infinite amount of variables that you've never experienced.

Think about them before you actually judge others because they don't share the same bubble that you're in.

It seems that most that complain about the game are those with quad cores, while those with higher core count, don't seem to have this problem.

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

From the same company that implemented a constant internet connection for the single-player focused Assassin's Creed 2? I'd already written off this company and their games back then. Not exactly much has changed.

11 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

It seems that most that complain about the game are those with quad cores, while one with higher core count don't seem to have this problem.

Virtualization becomes quite a heavy task in itself when you're already trying to run a heavy game within said virtual machine. If the game on it's own can present a quad core CPU with a full workout, throwing virtualization on top only leads to severe performance implications. Obviously, someone chose not to care.

Would be interesting if professional reviewers could do benchmarks to confirm the OP though.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

29 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

From the same company that implemented a constant internet connection for the single-player focused Assassin's Creed 2? I'd already written off this company and their games back then. Not exactly much has changed.

Virtualization becomes quite a heavy task in itself when you're already trying to run a heavy game within said virtual machine. If the game on it's own can present a quad core CPU with a full workout, throwing virtualization on top only leads to severe performance implications. Obviously, someone chose not to care.

Would be interesting if professional reviewers could do benchmarks to confirm the OP though.

Some post on Steam forum

I'm on a 8 core proc and I can get 58fps avg in 4k everything to ultra but I serious dips when o take out the torch. A few years back when I bought my processor my friend said I was crazy because 8-core processors would not be used for over a decade and here it is just two years later and my purchase was justified. I rather have more cores than a slightly faster quad-core. I feel sorry for all those 7700K owners. As more open world games come out they're going to use more cores and even games that aren't open world are starting to use more cores like mankind divided so basically if you want the ultra graphics on upcoming open world games and to run in 4k at over 60fps then you're going to need an 8-core processor to be future-proofed for a while.

I have a 8 core processor, the game runs flawlessly, BUT I can feel that the computer is working to play it smoothly, haha.

Vision Beast ROG - Intel® Core™ i7-5960X 8x3.0GHz(Turbo 3.5GHz) 20MB cache

8 cores.16 threads.

What GPU are you using? I can only get 50 fps in 4k ultra. My specs are I9 7900X @4.7 Ghz, gtx 1080 @ 2025 core 5500 mem, 32 GB ram @ 3400 and 960 pro m.2 ssd's

This person seems to be the lucky one with their quad core.

Hi, I have two different computers, desktop with an I5-4670 and GTX 1070 and the laptop which is an I7-7700 and GTX 1070 too.
Clearly the problem is the I5 Processor, I have only the fps drop problems with my desktop, in the laptop with the I7 processor fps are stable at 59-60.

So I guess that finally mi old I5 has met the first game able to defeat it after 4 years. I am not even mad, that is pretty amazing :).

I must say that I only find the fps drop with ultra settings.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/582160/discussions/0/1480982338949884139/

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

3 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Well first we must wait for the hackers to crack open this nut...  But im nut sure if it is safe for reviewers to do so, it wouldnt be the first time that a company would use copyrightcrap law to silence negative reviews.

if VMP is there to protect Denuvo, what's prottecting VMP?

We need a third DRM layer!

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

10 hours ago, MageTank said:

I've been in that situation. I cleaned toilets at the age of 12 to afford my first MP3 player, only to work several more weeks to afford the music to put on the device. I lived the stereotypical trailer park lifestyle, I understand the feeling of wanting something, but not being able to get it. However, even as a child, I knew the difference between a WANT, and a NEED. You may WANT a game, but NEEDS come first. I do not see any way you will be able to spin piracy to equate it to the wants of those unable to afford things, but I'll certainly wait for you to try.

You can say it's my inability to understand or relate to those less fortunate, but that's simply not true. Having come from that exact place in my life, my outlook remains the same. If you want something, but cannot afford it, you don't need it. If you want something, and you can afford it, then you can buy it. Part of being an adult is determining the difference between wants and needs on a daily basis. 

Want to educate yourself?Can't afford books because they are really expensive and you have no idea if they're good?Can't even get them because they have to travel across the globe for weeks?You also have to deal with your country's idiotic laws?You don't even have a credit card and bank account?Too bad, if you pirate something you're a criminal and you should feel bad.

Did I summarise your post?Ok, let's say that person spends money on education, what about entertainment?Oh, too bad, that person can't pirate anything because some poor multi (b/m)illion dollar companies, who recycle the same thing every year and also think that even 3rd world countries should pay the same as someone from 1st world country (who also don't even care about them or consider them a market), could lose a "customer" who wouldn't buy their product anyway.

I've seen many people who think that companies are their "friends", but let's be honest, there's a reason why every country pays the same price for everything (except Russia and some SA country), if they even considered poorer countries a market, they would have adjusted their prices just like everyone else (there are 3-4 versions of Nutella for example, guess where the worst one is sold).

By the way without pirated windows (OS), most people wouldn't even be able to use computers ;)