How hard are my GPU’s bottle necked

Unloadedpotato

I upgraded my gpu’s a little bit ago and forgot about my cpu and now I think I’m paying for it I have 2 gtx 1080ti founders edition from evga and my cpu is a i5 6500 should I get a i7 7700k because me and my friend play rust he has the the same frames or better but only has a gtx 1060 3gb

If you're at 1080p, yeah your CPU is a big bottle neck. At 4k in less demanding games, it probably is too. But in AAA titles at 4k... probably not. When you say "Better frame rates", what is better? 15 vs 60? or 200 vs 300? What resolution and settings? Be more specific please.

To be honest, I'd sell one of the 1080Ti and get a 8700K and a good motherboard, and a watercooler for it.  There's no need for two 1080Tis. I have two and it's frankly not worth it for 4K.  A lot of games don't scale very well with SLI.

honestly, if your running 2 of those GPU's id hope your playing on 2k/4k XD. id wait for the 8700k. performs a bit better than the 7700k and can OC pretty easily to the 5-5.2GHz range under water which makes it a powerhouse. 

Just now, Trulop said:

honestly, if your running 2 of those GPU's id hope your playing on 2k/4k XD. id wait for the 8700k. performs a bit better than the 7700k and can OC pretty easily to the 5-5.2GHz range under water which makes it a powerhouse. 

I play at 4K with a 6850K.  It's very overkill and I likely won't upgrade for a while.

If you can find a 7700k for less than $300 then yeah I would recommend upgrading to that.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

6 hours ago, Unloadedpotato said:

I upgraded my gpu’s a little bit ago and forgot about my cpu and now I think I’m paying for it I have 2 gtx 1080ti founders edition from evga and my cpu is a i5 6500 should I get a i7 7700k because me and my friend play rust he has the the same frames or better but only has a gtx 1060 3gb

I'd consider changing platform. going 7700K is OK, but since you already have beasts of GPU going 8700K is even better.