where can I buy the iPhone X?

kenlizhijian

They go on pre-order in a little over an hour and 15 mins @ Apple and carriers.

I'm not a huge Apple fan but i must say its a pretty sexy looking phone, when my current phone eventually dies i look forward to getting one myself :)

I'd imagine you can order right through apple.  Just go to the URL in the screenshot:

apple_iphone_2017_20170912_11670.jpg

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

10 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I'd imagine you can order right through apple.  Just go to the URL in the screenshot:

apple_iphone_2017_20170912_11670.jpg

In all honesty, that black bar would be kind of annoying.    If Samsung can have a bezel-less screen without that black bar BS, I don't see why Apple cannot do it.

40 minutes ago, Legendarypoet said:

They go on pre-order in a little over an hour and 15 mins @ Apple and carriers.

already?

1 minute ago, lilbman said:

In all honesty, that black bar would be kind of annoying.    If Samsung can have a bezel-less screen without that black bar BS, I don't see why Apple cannot do it.

there will be too much people go to the Apply website and buy. I don't think I can buy it.

2 minutes ago, lilbman said:

Face ID is why they can't

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Just now, lilbman said:

"kind of annoying" is putting it mildly.  It's totally insane.  The idea that a display is an uninterrupted rectangle from corner to corner has been an assumption and a cornerstone of computing for all of recent memory, with the exception of very limited, specialty devices (smart watches).  To mess with it like that is just asking for problems. When I first saw this I just assumed the little bits beside the black part were reserved by the system and basically treated as "Extra", but much to my shock, confusion, and horror, I later came to realize and accept that no, those weren't extra, the part under it was just missing.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

26 minutes ago, Newenthusiast said:

I'm not a huge Apple fan but i must say its a pretty sexy looking phone, when my current phone eventually dies i look forward to getting one myself :)

I like the new design of iPhone X

30 minutes ago, noobs guid to marsterrace said:

Apple is struggling to make them if you buy one you probably won't get it fore 2 or 3 months just get an s8 or LG v30

if S8, I prefer the Huawei Mate 10 or to wait for the S9:D

3 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

"kind of annoying" is putting it mildly.  It's totally insane.  The idea that a display is an uninterrupted rectangle from corner to corner has been an assumption and a cornerstone of computing for all of recent memory, with the exception of very limited, specialty devices (smart watches).  To mess with it like that is just asking for problems. When I first saw this I just assumed the little bits beside the black part were reserved by the system and basically treated as "Extra", but much to my shock, confusion, and horror, I later came to realize and accept that no, those weren't extra, the part under it was just missing.

there is rumor oppo will launch its 100% full screen soon. let see how the actual phone looks

10 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

Face ID is why they can't

I see what you mean but it's still poor design choice.  The S8 and S8+ have iris scanners and still have a bezel-free display.  Apple could've went with an iris scanner instead (and in my opinion should have) but they wanted to be 'different'.   The point is, iris scanners aren't as complex as ones that can scan the face, but there isn't really a need to scan the entire face.  Its fucking stupid, and because of their poor decision making we end up with a black bar at the top of the screen.

EDIT-the S8 and S8+ actually do have facial recognition as well as an iris scanner.-http://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/galaxy-s8/security/

9 minutes ago, kenlizhijian said:

there will be too much people go to the Apply website and buy. I don't think I can buy it.

I wouldn't buy it yet anyway..I'd wait for reviews.  For all we know, Samsung could purposely be screwing Apple over by giving them trash screens that are prone to issues like ones we see on the Pixel 2 XL.  

13 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Well, they could have cut off the entire display below the notch and just left those two areas as bezel, but I'd rather have it as screen that can be used for clock, wifi, etc.... Or even app specific HUD-type elements. The notch doesn't bother me, and I don't expect developers to have an issue addressing it, so I'd rather have that little extra screen space since it can serve a purpose rather than losing that screen space altogether. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

4 minutes ago, lilbman said:

I see what you mean but it's still poor design choice.  The S8 and S8+ have iris scanners and still have a bezel-free display.  Apple could've went with an iris scanner instead (and in my opinion should have) but they wanted to be 'different'.   The point is, iris scanners aren't as complex as ones that can scan the face, but there isn't really a need to scan the entire face.  Its fucking stupid, and because of their poor decision making we end up with a black bar at the top of the screen.

EDIT-the S8 and S8+ actually do have facial recognition as well as an iris scanner.-http://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/galaxy-s8/security/

Yes, but they don't really have a bezel-less display. bezels on top/bottom of iPhone X are less than GS8

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

2 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

Well, they could have cut off the entire display below the notch and just left those two areas as bezel, but I'd rather have it as screen that can be used for clock, wifi, etc.... Or even app specific HUD-type elements. The notch doesn't bother me, and I don't expect developers to have an issue addressing it, so I'd rather have that little extra screen space since it can serve a purpose rather than losing that screen space altogether. 

I can appreciate them using the extra bits for screen but I've heard and seen how it will work in some apps and it's just the stupidest thing I've seen.  The photoshop job above is an accurate representation lol  If it was truly reserved for little icons that actually should be there, then great, but from what I've seen many apps just "ignore" it and address the whole display as if a huge chunk wasn't missing.  Tbh, you lose more screen space because of that than you gain by fitting it to the top.

14 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I wouldn't mind the notch one bit if they reserved that area for wireless reception and battery charge level while blacking them out so they blend in.

I thought that would be beautiful and certainly feels a lot like what Apple would do.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I can appreciate them using the extra bits for screen but I've heard and seen how it will work in some apps and it's just the stupidest thing I've seen.  The photoshop job above is an accurate representation lol IF it was truly reserves for little icons that actually should be there, then great, but from what I've seen many apps just "ignore" it and address the whole display as if a huge chunk wasn't missing.

We'll see, but I find it very hard to believe that Apple didn't consider that the notch needs to be accounted for in one way or another. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Just now, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

I wouldn't mind the notch one bit if they reserved that area for wireless reception and battery charge level while blacking them out so they blend in.

I thought that would be beautiful and certainly feels a lot like what Apple would do.

Exactly, that would make sense, but from what I've seen that's not how it will work.

Just now, djdwosk97 said:

We'll see, but I find it very hard to believe that Apple didn't consider that the notch needs to be accounted for in one way or another. 

My worry is that "one way" won't be a smart way

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

Exactly, that would make sense, but from what I've seen that's not how it will work.

Well, it should work that way if they don't want their users looking at an utter mess up top.

Especially if the apps are not yet optimized in a proper manner like that Instagram app. Holy crap, what a mess.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

20 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

My worry is that "one way" won't be a smart way

Well, I'm not too worried. 

And with that, my two 64gb Space Gray pre-orders are complete. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

Well, I'm not too worried. 

And with that, my two 64gb Space Gray pre-orders are complete. 

That was fast. Any issues trying to get the order through?

1 minute ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

That was fast. Any issues trying to get the order through?

Nope. I did it through Verizon, so I just had to select the two lines, click continue, continue.....agree...CC....pay. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler