100-inch 4K Laser TV from HiSense. TV, now with Lasers!

WMGroomAK

While not a standard LED/LCD TV, HiSense has released what they are calling their 100-inch 4K Ultra HD Smart Laser TV.  Basically this is working with a short throw Laser Projector to project the image onto a 'super-thin, lightweight, 100" Screen Innovations Anti-Glare screen', however the form factor and specs look really nice and this is supposed to be re...

lp-07.jpg.377ff23b5a9fdd958df034f200b12d40.jpg

Specs from PRnewswire:

• 4K Ultra HD Resolution
  • UHD Upscaler
  • 3,000 Lumens for Optimal Brightness
  • TV Tuner
  • Hisense Smart TV Platform
  • Built-in 110 Watt Harman Kardon Speakers and Wireless Subwoofer
  • 100" Screen Innovations Anti-Glare Screen
  • DLP 4K UHD digital micromirror device (DMD) chip
  • 2 HDMI Inputs
  • 20,000-Hour Light Source Lifetime

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/hisense-unveils-groundbreaking-100-4k-ultra-hd-smart-laser-tv-300542823.html

Hisense, a global technology leader, today announces the availability of the Hisense 100" 4K Ultra HD Smart Laser TV, a system that reflects the future of premium large-screen home entertainment. Combining movie theater technology, elegant aesthetics and seamless set-up, the Hisense Laser TV is designed to create a stunning, sophisticated 100" television and entertainment experience in any home

"It's time to rethink TV," said Dr. Lin, Vice President of Hisense Group. "In addition to an unapologetically amazing viewing experience, the Hisense Laser TV can be easily incorporated into any home environment as it does not require a special darkened environment or cumbersome equipment. The thin, lightweight, 100" screen hangs effortlessly and elegantly, complementing any space or design style."

Crisp Cinema Picture

Hisense's proprietary light source technology delivers incredibly crisp images to the Laser TV, showcasing natural colors and phenomenal brightness in any room, not just light-controlled home theater rooms. The picture is powered by a Texas Instruments DLP® 4K UHD DMD chip -- a breakthrough method for presenting television images -- delivering more than 8 million pixels to the screen.

Additionally, the Hisense Laser TV renders images faster than LED TVs thanks to Smooth Motion Plus™ Technology, enabling super-smooth, clear images, ideal for fast action scenes and sports.

Cinematic Audio Experience

The Hisense Laser TV marks the first collaboration between Hisense and industry-leading audio solutions provider, HARMAN International. Designed to provide a truly cinematic experience, the Harman Kardon audio system offers superb dynamic range, exceptional accuracy and room-filling sound with virtually no distortion.

HARMAN engineers custom-designed the audio system to match the premium picture technology. The 2.1 system has 5 speakers, 2 each in the left and right channels and a 6.5" wireless subwoofer to provide deep, rich bass. The system offers 110 watts of room-filling sound.

"To complement the amazing video offered by the Hisense Laser TV, our engineers had to set the bar very high for audio quality," said Dave Rogers, Senior VP & General Manager of Consumer Audio at HARMAN. "The result is one of the best-sounding Harman Kardon audio systems that we've ever designed and built. It's so good that there's no need for the end-user customer to utilize a separate sound bar or a component audio system. We're confident that Hisense customers will have an excellent entertainment experience with the Laser TV."

Accessible Content

Cord cutters will love the built-in TV tuner that offers immediate access to over-the-air content -- with no set-top box necessary. The customizable Hisense Smart TV interface makes accessing built-in apps like Netflix, Amazon Video, Pandora, TikiLIVE, YouTube and others, simple and easy.

The Hisense Laser TV comes together seamlessly thanks to a super-thin, lightweight, 100" Screen Innovations® Anti-Glare Screen that evenly distributes color and light, offering a crisp, bright picture in any setting, regardless of ambient light. It perfectly directs images, and offers far wider viewing angles than an LCD screen. The screen is simple to hang and without wires or intrusive installation, it quickly and easily integrates easily into the room. Overall, it's a seamless, elegant solution for the modern hom

Now, you may be wondering how much this will cost you and HiSense is selling these right now for $10,000.00 USD, which honestly, while expensive, is a fairly good price IMO for a 4K Laser projector with a 100-inch screen, 'smart' interface and a 2.1 Harmon Kardon 110 watt audio system considering that some Sony Laser Projectors can cost upwards of $20,000.00 and that is just the projector...  Now to just sell a kidney and/or eat Top Ramen for about 5-years to afford this. xD

Engadget Article: https://www.engadget.com/2017/10/25/hisense-10000-laser-tv-home-cinema-in-box/

Hisense plus Harmon Kardon? I wonder what the experience would actually be like. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

Gimme!

WS: 13900K - 128GB - 6.5TB SSD - RTX 3090 24GB - 42" LG OLED C2  - W11 Pro
LAPTOP: Lenovo Gaming 3 - 8GB - 512GB SSD - GTX 1650

NAS 1: HP MicroServer Gen8 - 32TB - FreeNAS

NAS 2: 10400F - 44TB - FreeNAS

43 minutes ago, Jamiec1130 said:

Hisense plus Harmon Kardon? I wonder what the experience would actually be like. 

Shit video quality and horrendous overscan on any PC, but decent sound.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 hour ago, rawrdaysgoby said:

This isn't a laser projector is it?

It's a short throw Laser Projector projector with a TV Tuner (at least from what I can find out).  Technically what the HiSense package consists of:

• 100-inch Anti-Glare screen from Screen Innovations 
  • HiSense Short Throw 4K Laser Projector with incorporated 2 channel speakers and TV Tuner
  • Wireless 6.5-inch subwoofer.

Wow, 2 HDMI inputs are kinda lame :/

Main PC: R7 3700X / Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro Wifi / Radeon RX 5700 XT / 32GB DDR4-3200 / 250GB & 2TB Crucial MX500 (in HP Prodesk 400 Case)

Laptop: R5 2500U / Radeon Vega 8 / 8GB DDR4-2400 / 500GB SK Hynix BC501 (HP Envy x360 13)

My little Server: i7-7700 / Asrock H110M-ITX / 24GB DDR4-2400 / Samsung 860 Pro 250GB & Seagate Firecuda 2TB / VMware ESXi 6.7

(Don't tell me i should Name them, i don't want to ^^)

9 hours ago, JediFragger said:

All we need now is..........sharks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a feeling that would not pass health and safety checks...

this seems pretty cool. first thought is i wonder how response times are on this screen. hope Linus can get a review of this because its pretty cool tech

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

10 hours ago, WMGroomAK said:

Sony Laser Projectors can cost upwards of $20,000.00 and that is just the projector...

Well that is still cheap as well compared to some offerings on the market, sticking with Home Theater of course.

Time to sell more than just a kidney, say hello to the SIM2 Lumis AR T3 ($71,850)

http://www.sim2usa.com/home/us/content/ar

http://www.projectorcentral.com/SIM2-AR_T3.htm