The horror that is Intel Customer Support

About 2 months ago my PC died on me and I started to RMA components one by one to try and fix it after all troubleshooting steps failed. Fast forward to today, the Motherboard, Memory, Storage, PSU, GPU, and even cables have been replaced with new ones. Now it was time to RMA the CPU (Intel i5-6600k) I've only had the PC for 4 months before it died, and due to it being a Mini-ITX build, I didn't overclock the CPU. I decided to contact Intel using their customer support hub. After an hour of waiting for the site to verify my warranty, I was finally able to submit the request. This is the chat log (in png form... sorry) of the BS that is Intel Support... The images go from the bottom of the page to the top (1 is very bottom, 6 is top) the first response is really long, so start with 3 then 2 then 1 then top message on 3 then 4 then 5 then 6. sorry for the crappy organization of images. lol.

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

5.PNG

6.PNG

I hope this is in the right section... if it is not, please let me know and if someone could, move it to the correct section. thanks!

I had to RMA an E3-1240v5 (stopped detecting RAM) a few weeks ago, took about 30 minutes through live chat support and I paid for the advanced RMA replacement (including 2 way shipping) and got the replacement CPU the next day (was overnighted)

Intel laughs as they make you pay a fat premium on their processors compared to their competition (AMD) then spit in your face with garbage customer support when you even suspect them of DOA/defective hardware.

Just now, Snipergod87 said:

I had to RMA an E3-1240v5 (stopped detecting RAM) a few weeks ago, took about 30 minutes through live chat support and I paid for the advanced RMA replacement (including 2 way shipping) and got the replacement CPU the next day (was overnighted)

21 minutes ago, l4v4v3x said:

I hope this is in the right section... if it is not, please let me know and if someone could, move it to the correct section. thanks!

Yeah if possible always use the Livechat option because it is way faster and they are usually much nicer.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

OK, I just didn't know you could rma through live chat. lol. If this response doesn't work then I will do that. I will also hope that the person helping me on the Ticket gets retrained on tech support. (Or Fired)

3 minutes ago, l4v4v3x said:

OK, I just didn't know you could rma through live chat. lol. If this response doesn't work then I will do that. I will also hope that the person helping me on the Ticket gets retrained on tech support. (Or Fired)

Personally i have a great experience with Microsoft and Blizzard's Livechat. So far i only met nice and helpful people there so it's definitely worth a try.

Good luck with the RMA i'm currently trying to get my Deathadder Elite RMA'd. Damn thing started dying on me after 5 months. 

Though i only have experience with the ones in America. We don't have livechat or even nice customer service in Hungary hehe.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.