Slight Emergency, I Appreciate any Help.

Sorkurie

I’m in some hot water. I really don’t want to do this since it’s pretty much my pride and joy, but I think I need to sell my computer. I’m in need of some money since I’ve lost tons of hours at work and I need to pay bills. However, I have no idea how to go selling my used system. Is there a forum for that on here? 

These are my Specs 

GPU: Zotac 980Ti Amp Extreme

CPU: Intel i7 6700K

Mobo: Asus Hero VIII

PSU: Corsair 750w

H105 Liquid Cooler

Case: Fractal Define S 

I’m going to keep the Hard Drives for myself Incase I ever build myself a computer again in the future. 

In total (including all 6 of my hard drives) the build cost me about $2,000 give or take. 

Would I be able to get at least $1,000 or could I possibly get more? 
Ill try to post some pictures of it later since it’s late and I’m pretty tired. I just can’t sleep and thought I’d ask before I went to bed. 

Anyway, I appreciate any help you guys can give. Thanks. 

https://linustechtips.com/main/forum/89-classifieds/ -Post sale here

Dunno about making 1k. Even if that's a fair deal people will only bite if they can get exactly what they want significantly cheaper than new.

You'd be able to make the most if you sell locally.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

1 hour ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

Dunno about making 1k. Even if that's a fair deal people will only bite if they can get exactly what they want significantly cheaper than new.

Indeed, selling a complete system used locally is easier than trying to sell (and ship) a full system online.

OP, if you want to sell it online, I'd probably part it out. You'll find buyers a lot easier for the individual components. The case will be the hardest thing to sell online, since used cases are a dime a dozen, and expensive to ship. Selling the case locally and the rest online may be the best approach.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

8 hours ago, Sorkurie said:

I’m in some hot water. I really don’t want to do this since it’s pretty much my pride and joy, but I think I need to sell my computer. I’m in need of some money since I’ve lost tons of hours at work and I need to pay bills. However, I have no idea how to go selling my used system. Is there a forum for that on here? 

These are my Specs 

GPU: Zotac 980Ti Amp Extreme

CPU: Intel i7 6700K

Mobo: Asus Hero VIII

PSU: Corsair 750w

H105 Liquid Cooler

Case: Fractal Define S 

I’m going to keep the Hard Drives for myself Incase I ever build myself a computer again in the future. 

In total (including all 6 of my hard drives) the build cost me about $2,000 give or take. 

Would I be able to get at least $1,000 or could I possibly get more? 
Ill try to post some pictures of it later since it’s late and I’m pretty tired. I just can’t sleep and thought I’d ask before I went to bed. 

Anyway, I appreciate any help you guys can give. Thanks. 

4 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Indeed, selling a complete system used locally is easier than trying to sell (and ship) a full system online.

OP, if you want to sell it online, I'd probably part it out. You'll find buyers a lot easier for the individual components. The case will be the hardest thing to sell online, since used cases are a dime a dozen, and expensive to ship. Selling the case locally and the rest online may be the best approach.

1 hour ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

These are all good ideas, but maybe a complete system could be sold on craigslist with an extremely vague title such as "Gaming/editing pc worth 2000$ in parts" or something along those lines. Picking the price? I dunno how to help you there. 

Why Are We Still Here? Just to Suffer?

7 minutes ago, MaseeTheWolf said:

These are all good ideas, but maybe a complete system could be sold on craigslist with an extremely vague title such as "Gaming/editing pc worth 2000$ in parts" or something along those lines. Picking the price? I dunno how to help you there. 

You could definitely sell it on Craigslist. Saying "worth $2000 in parts" is frankly misleading and bullshit though. You paid $2000 in parts for a new computer. Even accounting for how long ago you bought the system, brand new it's probably not even worth $2000 anymore.

You could say "Paid $2000 new x years (or months - whatever) ago" inside the actual body of the ad.

The title could be something like "Gaming/Editing PC Computer w/ i7-6700K + GTX 980 Ti + insert RAM number here RAM"

Then in the body, include all specs (You forgot to post RAM amount), including all parts and in what quantity. Make sure you include an OS drive for the computer - it's not a complete system if it's lacking an SSD/HDD. I'd advise putting an SSD inside + a large HDD (1TB or larger).

A system that expensive with a HDD only is a ripoff, but adding in a secondary HDD increases the value for people storing large documents/movies/games, etc.

Then, take LOTS of pictures and include them with the ad.

Accept cash only.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

4 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

You could definitely sell it on Craigslist. Saying "worth $2000 in parts" is frankly misleading and bullshit though. You paid $2000 in parts for a new computer. Even accounting for how long ago you bought the system, brand new it's probably not even worth $2000 anymore.

You could say "Paid $2000 new x years (or months - whatever) ago" inside the actual body of the ad.

The title could be something like "Gaming/Editing PC Computer w/ i7-6700K + GTX 980 Ti + insert RAM number here RAM"

Then in the body, include all specs (You forgot to post RAM amount), including all parts and in what quantity. Make sure you include an OS drive for the computer - it's not a complete system if it's lacking an SSD/HDD. I'd advise putting an SSD inside + a large HDD (1TB or larger).

A system that expensive with a HDD only is a ripoff, but adding in a secondary HDD increases the value for people storing large documents/movies/games, etc.

Then, take LOTS of pictures and include them with the ad.

Accept cash only.

Yeah, I meant something along those lines even though it didn't have to be exact

Quite frankly, yes it probably should be noted when the parts were ordered and assembled.

And every detail that can be crammed into a craigslist word description. 

Just now, MaseeTheWolf said:

Yeah, I meant something along those lines even though it didn't have to be excat

Quite frankly, yes it probably should be noted when the parts were ordered and assembled.

And every detail that can be crammed into a craigslist word description. 

Yep, make the description as thorough as you can. But do try and make an effort to make it easily readable. If it's just a wall of text, nobody is going to bother reading it.

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

Yep, make the description as thorough as you can. But do try and make an effort to make it easily readable. If it's just a wall of text, nobody is going to bother reading it.

Yeah, maybe split it up into small paragraphs.

Okay thanks guys! I’ll try those tips. Also, oops. I did forget to post the ram. It’s 32Gb DDR4 Corsair 2666 hertz