Is the auto game optimization on geforce experience any good?

I've been letting Geforce experience determine my graphics settings on most games, but I noticed it kind of sets the settings a lil bit lower than I expect? I have a 1060 6GB, 16GB of RAM and a ryzen 7, I play at 2560 x 1080 ultrawide and I try to maintain 75 fps due to the 75hz refresh rate, now I should be able to achieve this with medium to high settings on most games correct? Well geforce experience seems to think I have a 144hz monitor or something, because it sets my setting to get like 100+ fps, another thing is on BF4 its has ALL the settings to there lowest, but on BF1 which is a much newer title, It has everything on ultra expect 1 setting on high, Is geforce experience a bit confused? Should I just determine graphics setting myself?

Just do it yourself. I tried it twice and it both times used settings that made no sense at all.

17 minutes ago, lolzisgoodforu said:

I've been letting Geforce experience determine my graphics settings on most games, but I noticed it kind of sets the settings a lil bit lower than I expect? I have a 1060 6GB, 16GB of RAM and a ryzen 7, I play at 2560 x 1080 ultrawide and I try to maintain 75 fps due to the 75hz refresh rate, now I should be able to achieve this with medium to high settings on most games correct? Well geforce experience seems to think I have a 144hz monitor or something, because it sets my setting to get like 100+ fps, another thing is on BF4 its has ALL the settings to there lowest, but on BF1 which is a much newer title, It has everything on ultra expect 1 setting on high, Is geforce experience a bit confused? Should I just determine graphics setting myself?

In my experience Geforce Experience is complete garbage and I deinstalled it. It my put my settings on medium when I could play at Ultra.

Nope, complete garbage

it found 1440p to be the right resolution for my 1080p display in CS:GO. since then i dont trust it with anything, and i dont even install it. GeForce Experience does nothing i want anyway so it just takes up space and sends telemetry lol

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

57 minutes ago, lolzisgoodforu said:

Sometimes it's good, but I recommend you use Fraps for a benchmark and go from there

It's not that bad feature for users who don't understand game settings at all.

But anyone who is at least a bit familiar with game settings, should do it himself. I disabled that feature since it doesn't use the settings that I would use.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB