LG 27UD58-B monitor

mech

I am going to build a PC with an i7 8700k and gtx 1080 and wanted a 4k monitor... is the LG 27UD58-B a good buget option?

Thank you to all who help :D

QUOTE ME TO SEE MY REPLY!:D

seems fine to me

i use the LG IPS234V (1080p) and its a pretty solid panel, and from what ive seen in stores all the "low end" LG IPS panels are really solid.

Photography / Finance / Gaming

4 minutes ago, mok said:

seems fine to me

i use the LG IPS234V (1080p) and its a pretty solid panel, and from what ive seen in stores all the "low end" LG IPS panels are really solid.

I was going to go with a 1080p bit this is just a bit more and I love 4k... Thank you!

3 minutes ago, ScrappyZeDog said:

I was going to go with a 1080p bit this is just a bit more and I love 4k... Thank you!

Too bad it is Free Sync, but it does look like a really good deal.

Build goes here :) :

CPU: Core i7-5960X                        Storage: 500GB Crucial MX200                      Case: Corsair 760T (White)

Mobo: ASUS X99 Deluxe II                             3TB Seagate Barracuda                   PSU: Corsair AX1200i

RAM: 32GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB                   6TB WD Red                                     Other stuff goes here :) 

GPU: Nvidia TITAN X (Pascal)                         1.2TB Intel 750 series PCIe SSD      Other stuff goes here :)

2 minutes ago, ScrappyZeDog said:

consider 1440p if you like playing games with high details, at 4k you might have to lower settings to maintain a good playable FPS, 

the monitor youre looking at supports Freesync and not Gsync so consider that

alternatively you could stick the the 4k monitor

but go with i5 8600k and GTX 1080ti

1 minute ago, mok said:

alternatively you could stick the the 4k monitor

but go with i5 8600k and GTX 1080ti

This if you are only going to be gaming. If you are going to be streaming or doing any serious content creation and not a couple of Youtube videos, the 8700K would be a better choice.

Edited by DrDevinRX

CPU: Core i7-5960X                        Storage: 500GB Crucial MX200                      Case: Corsair 760T (White)

Mobo: ASUS X99 Deluxe II                             3TB Seagate Barracuda                   PSU: Corsair AX1200i

RAM: 32GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB                   6TB WD Red                                     Other stuff goes here :) 

GPU: Nvidia TITAN X (Pascal)                         1.2TB Intel 750 series PCIe SSD      Other stuff goes here :)

1 minute ago, DrDevinRX said:

This if you are only going to be gaming. If you are going to be streaming or doing any serious content creation and not a couple of Youtube videos, the 8700K would be a better choice.

man i hear so many people on forums that claim to stream games....but to what audience? lol 

is everyone a professional streamer now? the value proposition just isnt there IMO

Just now, mok said:

man i hear so many people on forums that claim to stream games....but to what audience? lol 

is everyone a professional streamer now? the value proposition just isnt there IMO

I understand what you mean. You don't need a great rig to start streaming, but if you do get serious about it, you might as well get the equipment to do it right.

4 minutes ago, DrDevinRX said:

I understand what you mean. You don't need a great rig to start streaming, but if you do get serious about it, you might as well get the equipment to do it right.

but at the same time, would you rather get an inferior gaming PC (a 1080ti would be a great help at 4k) or get a machine tuned for streaming if it's just an aspiration. No offense to OP, but it doesn't make sense.

29 minutes ago, SCGazelle said:

but at the same time, would you rather get an inferior gaming PC (a 1080ti would be a great help at 4k) or get a machine tuned for streaming if it's just an aspiration. No offense to OP, but it doesn't make sense.

None taken :)

I just changed my build to a 1080 ti and now I think 4k will be better