Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nuclear465

Weird spikes on memory clock and core clock (GTX 1080)

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi there guys.

I think i am having some issues with my gtx 1080 that i bought a couple of weeks a go.

I have been noticing that it does not perform like expected and in all games i have random framedrops. So i checked out the info in MSI afterburner and i noticed some weird drops in core clock and memory clock and at the same time with some voltage limit drops.

And when in idle the core clock and memory clock spikes.

Can someone explain what is going on? Printscreen in files attached.

Nothing is overclocked.

System:

ryzen 5 1600

16gb ddr4 3200mhz

asus gtx 1080 strix

asus x370 prime pro

Untitled.jpg

13 minutes ago, nuclear465 said:

Hi there guys.

I think i am having some issues with my gtx 1080 that i bought a couple of weeks a go.

I have been noticing that it does not perform like expected and in all games i have random framedrops. So i checked out the info in MSI afterburner and i noticed some weird drops in core clock and memory clock and at the same time with some voltage limit drops.

And when in idle the core clock and memory clock spikes.

Can someone explain what is going on? Printscreen in files attached.

Nothing is overclocked.

System:

ryzen 5 1600

16gb ddr4 3200mhz

asus gtx 1080 strix

asus x370 prime pro

Untitled.jpg

Does it happen during games? Are you leaving the screen when you game? E.g. CTRL + TAB?

Main PC:                                                                                                                                      

CPU: Ryzen 2700X (4.20Ghz) 1.395V

Motherboard: ASUS ROG X370 Crosshair VI HERO.

RAM: 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Red LED 2 x 16GB, 3200Mhz rated, runs at 3200Mhz with reduced timings 14, 16, 16, 16, 34.

GPU: Currently: 1080 TI SLI Hybrids EVGA SC2 / Thinking of selling SLI and getting ---> RTX 2080 TI Hybrid with Noctua 3000 PWM Industrial fan.

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Acrylic.                                 

Storage: Seagate 2TB 2x & Samsung EVO SSD 850 500GB & Samsung EVO SSD 850 250GB  & Samsung EVO 960 NVMe 250GB. 

PSU: 1000RM Corsair GOLD.

Display: PG348Q ROG SWIFT 34" 3440X1440 IPS G-SYNC 100HZ GAMING WIDESCREEN CURVED 3440 x 1440P + PG279Q ASUS ROG SWIFT G-SYNC 165Hz 27" 2560 x 1440P.

Cooling: Corsair H115i with Thermaltake 140MM Green Riing Performance fans sandwich.

Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 LUX Blue MX Switches, Logitech Waterproof Keyboard.

Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum.

Projector. BenQ W2000.

Piano: Yamaha P155.

Phone: Razer Phone with DBRAND skin.

Those drops happened while gaming. I was playing The witcher 2: Enhanced Edtition and noticed a huge FPS drop. Then i exited the same through the proper means, not alt+tab or ctrl+tab.

8 minutes ago, nuclear465 said:

Those drops happened while gaming. I was playing The witcher 2: Enhanced Edtition and noticed a huge FPS drop. Then i exited the same through the proper means, not alt+tab or ctrl+tab.

reinstall all drivers, if you cant find anything else as a last ditch resort reinstall os

I5 6600 / G1 1060 / 16 GB Samsung / Carbide Air 240 / 450BT Evga / Adata SU700 / WD Blue 1TB

13 minutes ago, Aidanlockett1 said:

reinstall all drivers, if you cant find anything else as a last ditch resort reinstall os

Forgot to mention in the op. I already did all that. First the drivers, didn't solved. Then the OS, didn't solved...

11 minutes ago, nuclear465 said:

Forgot to mention in the op. I already did all that. First the drivers, didn't solved. Then the OS, didn't solved...

ok

I5 6600 / G1 1060 / 16 GB Samsung / Carbide Air 240 / 450BT Evga / Adata SU700 / WD Blue 1TB