Crash-Problems with GTA V

So, first things first, I expierience horiffic crash-problems with GTA V on my 1080Ti SLI Watercooled PC. They started about 2 months ago and only got worse from then on.

At the beginning it crashed if I tabbed out of the program while the main menu was loading. That got annoying quickly.

Further down the road it crashed if I tabbed out regardless where I was or what I did in the game, so I changed a few settings.

That fixed it for a week or so, but the same problems came back, just more intense. Now it ALSO crashes just randomly during loading screens.

The thing is, I did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to the Game. It ran perfectly fine beforehand. I sorta have the feeling this could be tethered to the Smugglers Run update, but what do I know.

Also, I already contacted the R* support, but they just Responded with a standart message saying I should reset my overcklocking, wich I did, but NOTHING happend.

Here are my Specs (If someone needs them):

CPU: i7 6800K

GPU(s): 2x 1080Ti SLI

Motherboard: Asus Rampage V Edition 10

RAM: 32GB of Corsair Vengance 2400

But I really don't thinks it's the PC since GTA ran perfectly fine 3 months ago.

Sincerely, Nick

Is it actually showing a crash report or is it just freezing and not responding for a good while? And does this happen in single player & multiplayer?

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

Its basically just freezing and then Wwindows says GTA V is not responding.

And, it happens everywhere, in the main loading screen, menus, singlepalyer and multiplayer

Setings are, apart from a few useless ones pretty much maxed. 3440x1440 monitor, no mods.

What troubleshooting have you done to resolve this before I start firing suggestions here?

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

I adjusted my settings and did a run without any overclock. Havent tried anything else apart from letting it sit for a while because I couldn't freaking play it anymore :(

Well here is a couple of suggestions if they are applicable to be done.

Main thing to do would be to Just leave the game don't click on the game when it freezes, leave it and see if it responds after a while as this can be problems at times. Obviously if you don't interact with it and it still displays this Not responding screen then try the below options.

1. Try adjusting settings to much lower ones like standard, and see how long it runs till crash (if it does so).

2.Change you display screen to Windowed or Fullscreen windowed if not already. because I'm assuming you playing full screen which when you tab out it flickers.

3. Finally this is a pain in the ass solution would be to reinstall the game. as if it is the only game having this problem then it is a software/program glitch/bug which usually caused by incomplete download of updates which can happen.

I'll be trying the your options. Not clicking I already have done, gonna cahnge the settings now. Btw, yes GTA is the only game that experieces these problems. Might also try turning off SLI, but I cant remember GTA having such bad SLI support.

Well, I just started the Game in this secure mode and, on startup, it nearly crashed >:(

Then, once I was in the Main menu, the only thing I did was bump up the resolution a bit and  change the mode from windowed to borderless window.

Guess what happended, IT CRASHED

I'll try turning off SLI, if this doesnt do the trick, i'll just reinstall the game because im pissed at this game right now.

Sadly this would take an ETERNITY because I live in Germany and "das Internet ist für uns alle Neuland" (The internet is new for everyone of us)

Where I live this game takes 2 Days and 1 Night to download :(

@GameTime007 Some supports can easily break when new updates come out. Was what made me change GPU previously / Windows 10 broke the Gpu aswell. :/ 

But give them a shot if those don't work then I would try have Task manager launched to see if it is a hardware draw back (doubt it if you have 32GB of Ram).