What does myImage refer to in this code?

Im trying to stream a image from one computer to another and i have found this code on stack overflow and i cant figure out what "myImage" in this code refers to. Is it a path to the image that im going to stream? I have tried making a variable called myImage as a string but i got ToStream highlighted in red saying "string doesnt contain a definition Tostream". so i guess it isnt the path.if someone could help me figure out what it means it would be very helpful. Thank you. The code is below

public static Stream ToStream(this Image image, ImageFormat format) {
  var stream = new System.IO.MemoryStream();
  image.Save(stream, format);
  stream.Position = 0;
  return stream;
}

var stream = myImage.ToStream(ImageFormat.Gif);

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like you're trying to invoke ToStream in an object which you have declared called myImage, but myImage isn't declared as a Stream so doesn't get the method ToStream

Meh some build specs...

Meh some inspirational quote meh...

10 minutes ago, CheeseburgerChad said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like you're trying to invoke ToStream in an object which you have declared called myImage, but myImage isn't declared as a Stream so doesn't get the method ToStream

so if i understood ur statement correctly what u mean is i havent declared myImage as a stream? so i did try declaring it as a stream now but i get the error saying stream doesnt contain a definition for ToStream. By the way this is where i found the code : https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1668469/system-drawing-image-to-stream-c-sharp

My mistake, I thought at first glance that you were dealing with Java, not C#. I'm a Java guy. Anyway its difficult to just copy code like that from SO, stuff doesn't like to work together without modification. Someone else with C# experience will have to pick up from here.

Meh some build specs...

Meh some inspirational quote meh...