PC turns on when someone uses door bell.

Vk_vule

As the title says, it just randomly boots up whenever someone is at door. I tried moving it everywhere in the house (even to the other house), but the problem persists.

Asus P5Q

Core 2 Quad q9550

6gb of ddr2 800MHz

Radeon 5850

Any Help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Specs: Core 2 Quad Q9550 OC@3.4Ghz; Asus Radeon 5850; Asus P5Q WorkStation;  6GB DDR2 800MHz

does it turn on from sleep mode?

it might just get triggered by the bell and turns on because of power saving features

S3 states blabla :P

(◑‿◐)

My theory is that the outlet system is connected to the doorbell, or its just a radioactive alien doorbell from a galaxy far, far away

Main Laptop: Google Pixelbook 

Dev mode w/ Cross Enabled

PC: Ryzen 7

1700x / 32GB 2667 / GTX 1080 / 1.5 TB of SSDs / 1TB of HDDs

Monitor: AW3418DW Ultrawide

120hz / 3440x1440 / RGB / Amazonbasics Dual Monitor Arm

2nd Monitor: Dell U2515hx

25 inches / 1440p / Portrait / Amazonbasics Dual Monitor Arm

Too busy laughing. That's hilarious! xD 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Get a doorbell separated from your houses power, maybe something that uses batteries and a speaker idk

i would be mad if it turns OFF using the door bell.

Those little f***s ringing and running away might get paint ball proof underwear if that would happen....

well and i would just uninstall the doorbell and install a giant bell or gong.

My only guess is that the doorbell causes a brownout causes the PC to think power was gone and it boots up by default when power is restored.

Get a UPS, or a new house, whatever floats your boat.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Either a brownout as someone said (which you should get fixed if that's the case), or strong RF from the doorbell wires/bell unit which is powerful enough to trigger the power button wire.

I edit my posts a lot.

Thanks for replies, but getting new doorbell/house is not an option :P , the house is new build (3 years old), with everything brand new (Quality stuff). How likely is it to be RF? 

Specs: Core 2 Quad Q9550 OC@3.4Ghz; Asus Radeon 5850; Asus P5Q WorkStation;  6GB DDR2 800MHz

5 hours ago, Vk_vule said:

Thanks for replies, but getting new doorbell/house is not an option :P , the house is new build (3 years old), with everything brand new (Quality stuff). How likely is it to be RF? 

Extremely unlikely. Your best option is a cheap UPS that has a line filter in it.

Also, check your bios for power loss options, etc. It won't fix the power issue but might solve your immediate problem.

Well, thanks for help, will try some of these things (got myself a new PC, which isn't booting when doorbell rings); That PC is now my sisters. Got one of the extension cord with switch on it, to prevent PC from booting while there is noone at home.

Cheers!

Check to see if your BIOS has any power on wake features enabled and disable them. 

Power on in the event of power loss for example. My motherboard has a feature where if it detects a sudden power cut that comes back in a split second later my PC boots itself back on again. Your BIOS might have a similar feature and the door bell is sending a pulse through your house electrical system which makes your PC think there is a powercut

(Its a long shot I know)

If that doesn't work then maybe look at getting a UPS which will intercept the power going to your PC. 

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15