Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fareszr

i7 7800X vs i7 8700K - X299 vs Z370

Recommended Posts

Just now, fareszr said:

4x4gb = 16gb or 2x8 =16gb which is better

depends on whether you want to be able to eventually get 64gb or 32gb, if you get 4x4 it'll be  faster but if you get 8x2 it will have way higher upgradeability


Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

FLUFF MK2 has a bit worse FETs than MK1 they have the same, sorry. I need to check the MSI on hardwareluxx, a moment please :)

Update: I checked OCN and almost got a heart attack. The cheap X299s from MSI use the Niko fets as on AM4, so the inefficient and overheating garbage. Absolutely inappropriate for HEDT.

So, i'd recommend Strix X299-E, X299 Deluxe or X299 FLUFF MK2/MK1

Edited by dave_k
Info

Strix RGBuild:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @3.9GHz 1.3625V (LLC5 flatline)

GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX1060 6GB OC

Mobo: Asus ROG Strix X370-F

RAM: Corsair LPX Vengeance 16gb kit 3266MHz, 16-16-16-35 1.375V

Cooling: Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4

Storage: HyperX Fury 120GB + WD Caviar Blue 1TB

Case: Phanteks P400S Tempered Glass

PSU: Corsair RM650x (80+ Gold, Fully modular)

Case fans: 2 BeQuiet Pure Wings 2 120mm PWM & 2 Pure Wings 2 140mm PWM

There's never enough RGB

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
18 minutes ago, dave_k said:

FLUFF MK2 has a bit worse FETs than MK1 they have the same, sorry. I need to check the MSI on hardwareluxx, a moment please :)

Update: I checked OCN and almost got a heart attack. The cheap X299s from MSI use the Niko fets as on AM4, so the inefficient and overheating garbage. Absolutely inappropriate for HEDT.

So, i'd recommend Strix X299-E, X299 Deluxe or X299 FLUFF MK2/MK1

so this one ?

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/pGQRsY/asus-tuf-x299-mark-2-atx-lga2066-motherboard-tuf-x299-mark-2 

or 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072ZTTWFJ/?tag=pcpapi-20

Link to post
Share on other sites

Strix RGBuild:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @3.9GHz 1.3625V (LLC5 flatline)

GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX1060 6GB OC

Mobo: Asus ROG Strix X370-F

RAM: Corsair LPX Vengeance 16gb kit 3266MHz, 16-16-16-35 1.375V

Cooling: Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4

Storage: HyperX Fury 120GB + WD Caviar Blue 1TB

Case: Phanteks P400S Tempered Glass

PSU: Corsair RM650x (80+ Gold, Fully modular)

Case fans: 2 BeQuiet Pure Wings 2 120mm PWM & 2 Pure Wings 2 140mm PWM

There's never enough RGB

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fareszr said:

why ?

Better VRM, more phases, really good parts


Strix RGBuild:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @3.9GHz 1.3625V (LLC5 flatline)

GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX1060 6GB OC

Mobo: Asus ROG Strix X370-F

RAM: Corsair LPX Vengeance 16gb kit 3266MHz, 16-16-16-35 1.375V

Cooling: Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4

Storage: HyperX Fury 120GB + WD Caviar Blue 1TB

Case: Phanteks P400S Tempered Glass

PSU: Corsair RM650x (80+ Gold, Fully modular)

Case fans: 2 BeQuiet Pure Wings 2 120mm PWM & 2 Pure Wings 2 140mm PWM

There's never enough RGB

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 hours ago, fareszr said:

so I'm looking for an upgrade from my current i5 6600 h170 ?mostly for premiere pro..    which is better i7 7800x vs i7 8700k I know i7 8700k outperform the i7 7800x but remember this is x299 longer support and I can get it right now I need to wait at least a month to get coffee lake   so what you think which is better and why   

my budget is 800$

whoa the 8700k beat the 7800x by a good margin in premiere pro and the overclocking isn't that much I'm getting confused ?https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Premiere-Pro-CC-2017-1-2-CPU-Performance-Core-i7-8700K-i5-8600K-i3-8350K-1047/ 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
40 minutes ago, fareszr said:

whoa the 8700k beat the 7800x by a good margin in premiere pro and the overclocking isn't that much I'm getting confused ?https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Premiere-Pro-CC-2017-1-2-CPU-Performance-Core-i7-8700K-i5-8600K-i3-8350K-1047/ 

What to do ? get an i7 7800x now or wait to coffe lake 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fareszr said:

What to do ? get an i7 7800x now or wait to coffe lake 

Get Coffeelake or Ryzen 7 / Ryzen Threadripper.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 10/22/2017 at 9:05 PM, Damascus said:

depends on whether you want to be able to eventually get 64gb or 32gb, if you get 4x4 it'll be  faster but if you get 8x2 it will have way higher upgradeability

What is the highset overclcok you can get with your 7800x ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, fareszr said:

What is the highset overclcok you can get with your 7800x ?

Don't have it yet (waiting for black Friday) but 5+ghz is common, if you can cool it you might be able to squeeze 5.3 or so out of it


Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2017‎-‎10‎-‎22 at 12:16 PM, fareszr said:

whoa the 8700k beat the 7800x by a good margin in premiere pro and the overclocking isn't that much I'm getting confused ?https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Premiere-Pro-CC-2017-1-2-CPU-Performance-Core-i7-8700K-i5-8600K-i3-8350K-1047/ 

That Puget article is boost clock only, I imagine a 4.7ghz 7800x will outperform a 4.7ghz 8700k handily (despetie being .7ghz slower in the test the 7800x still comes really close)

 


Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
13 minutes ago, Damascus said:

That Puget article is boost clock only, I imagine a 4.7ghz 7800x will outperform a 4.7ghz 8700k handily (despetie being .7ghz slower in the test the 7800x still comes really close)

 

Ok what do you thing about this gigabyte motherboard 

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/wqtWGX/gigabyte-x299-aorus-gaming-3-atx-lga2066-motherboard-x299-aorus-gaming-3

Link to post
Share on other sites

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, fareszr said:

Is this cooler can handle oc Up to 5.0 ghz or higher ? https://pcpartpicker.com/product/jpdqqs/raijintek-cpu-cooler-0r100011

Probably, you may need a delid though

 

https://overclock3d.net/reviews/cases_cooling/raijintek_ereboss_black_review/6


Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, fareszr said:

What about the bequite dark rock 2 ?

Not really, I don't think it could do it


Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, fareszr said:

None of the mid tier air coolers from bequiet, noctua etc. are enough to cool a 7800X at 5ghz.  You need performance on par with a 240/280mm aio - or a crazy beefy air cooler.  Both towers you linked are good (BTW. the first one is actually better) but not enough for 5ghz without a delid and high temps.

 

This is the best value aio btw, it's quite capable and relatively cheap

https://www.amazon.com/ARCTIC-Liquid-Freezer-240-Performance/dp/B013WAY9UQ/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1508955683&sr=8-6&keywords=arctic%2Bfreezer&th=1


Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, two builds for you.

 

Z370

  1. Will easily hit 5ghz on that aio without a delid
  2. great value mobo
  3. You actually get better RAM
PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xWJ9VY
 
CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor  ($389.99 @ B&H)
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC - Liquid Freezer 240 74.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($82.99 @ Newegg Marketplace)
Motherboard: Asus - Prime Z370-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($171.39 @ OutletPC)
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($164.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $809.36
 
X299
  1. Should be capable of a hot 5ghz without a delid, though I seriously recommend one (always use a delid tool)
  2. Very solid mobo
  3. Really good cooler for the price
PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/T2jx7h
 
CPU: Intel - Core i7-7800X 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor  ($359.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler  ($77.88 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock - Fatal1ty X299 Gaming K6 ATX LGA2066 Motherboard  ($243.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: PNY - Anarchy 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($139.99 @ Best Buy)
Total: $821.84

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
13 minutes ago, Damascus said:

OK, two builds for you.

 

Z370

  1. Will easily hit 5ghz on that aio without a delid
  2. great value mobo
  3. You actually get better RAM
PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xWJ9VY
 
CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor  ($389.99 @ B&H)
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC - Liquid Freezer 240 74.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($82.99 @ Newegg Marketplace)
Motherboard: Asus - Prime Z370-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($171.39 @ OutletPC)
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($164.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $809.36
 
X299
  1. Should be capable of a hot 5ghz without a delid, though I seriously recommend one (always use a delid tool)
  2. Very solid mobo
  3. Really good cooler for the price
PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/T2jx7h
 
CPU: Intel - Core i7-7800X 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor  ($359.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler  ($77.88 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock - Fatal1ty X299 Gaming K6 ATX LGA2066 Motherboard  ($243.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: PNY - Anarchy 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($139.99 @ Best Buy)
Total: $821.84

the problem is no know when i7 8700 will be  stock 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fareszr said:

the problem is no know when i7 8700 will be  stock 

They've been in stock, people just snatch them up really quickly.  Go with either one, just make sure you don't get a bad X299 mobo


Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
12 minutes ago, Damascus said:

They've been in stock, people just snatch them up really quickly.  Go with either one, just make sure you don't get a bad X299 mobo

the aourus is bad?

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, fareszr said:

the aourus is bad?

Depends on the board, there are like 6 of them


Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×