Audio Device Switching in Win10 FCU

iamjsed
Go to solution Solved by monotron,

Open up the registry editor, and navigate to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\MTCUVC

If MTCUVC doesn't exist inside the CurrentVersion key, right click CurrentVersion and click New > Key, and call it MTCUVC.

Then, right click on the MTCUVC key, and select New > DWORD (32-bit) value.

Call it EnableMtcUvc, double click it, and set its value to 1.

Log off, and log back on again. You should now see the Metro-style volume control, as you had it before. Just personally verified this on my Windows 10 FCU system.

If you're confused, here's how things should look when you're finished:

ycacv.png

Hi All,

I just recently updated to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update via clean windows install.

Does anyone know how to re enable this?

pic-1-3.png.0a27653aa54ba079b529629832379b50.png

Now, if I click on the sound icon in the taskbar, I get the classic mixer

59ebebba1b961_2017-10-2120_03_11-.png.4b3f03235e58f7eaf684d1eaff39a1eb.png

GAMINGCLICHE: Core i5 6500 - Gigabyte H170N-WiFi - Deepcool Gabriel - 16GB HyperX Fury - Asus Strix GTX 1070 OC - NZXT Manta

ORANGEJULIUS-720p: Core i3-3230 - Noctua 9UB-SE2 - Gigabyte B75N-itx - 8gb GSkill Ares - GTX 650Ti - Bitfenix Prodigy (RETIRED)

I'm on the fall creators update, I don't have the classic mixer. Do you have some program that would've enabled it somehow?

Currently majoring in computer networking. That's about it yeah. Not much goes on in my life.

Be sure to quote me if you want me to reply!

Not that I am aware of, I just did fresh installed windows not even 3rd party drivers when I noticed this.  But now I have re installed all my drivers and apps and its still there.

GAMINGCLICHE: Core i5 6500 - Gigabyte H170N-WiFi - Deepcool Gabriel - 16GB HyperX Fury - Asus Strix GTX 1070 OC - NZXT Manta

ORANGEJULIUS-720p: Core i3-3230 - Noctua 9UB-SE2 - Gigabyte B75N-itx - 8gb GSkill Ares - GTX 650Ti - Bitfenix Prodigy (RETIRED)

3 minutes ago, iamjsed said:

Not that I am aware of, I just did fresh installed windows not even 3rd party drivers when I noticed this.  But now I have re installed all my drivers and apps and its still there.

I couldn't tell you man. I don't see any reason why that should be enabled.

Currently majoring in computer networking. That's about it yeah. Not much goes on in my life.

Be sure to quote me if you want me to reply!

Open up the registry editor, and navigate to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\MTCUVC

If MTCUVC doesn't exist inside the CurrentVersion key, right click CurrentVersion and click New > Key, and call it MTCUVC.

Then, right click on the MTCUVC key, and select New > DWORD (32-bit) value.

Call it EnableMtcUvc, double click it, and set its value to 1.

Log off, and log back on again. You should now see the Metro-style volume control, as you had it before. Just personally verified this on my Windows 10 FCU system.

If you're confused, here's how things should look when you're finished:

ycacv.png

Edited by monotron
added image

Student of Computer Science, programming aficionado, has thrown a few builds together

Thanks for the pictures though!  It worked bro!!

Thanks again.

9 minutes ago, iamjsed said:

Thanks for the pictures though!  It worked bro!!

Thanks again.

Great to hear. Not heard of this issue randomly occurring after an upgrade, but glad to know this worked.

Student of Computer Science, programming aficionado, has thrown a few builds together