Phone tracking apps

ryanwilc

My parents just asked me to set it up so that they can track my phone. I am looking for an app that has very few other features cause I don't want them to know about them. Also I want it to give me a notification whenever they look at my location so at least I can know. Any help would be appreciated. 

BTW I'm 18 but still living under there house. I really just want to keep as much privacy as possible

can you root your phone?
if so you can possibly just spoof your location.

22 minutes ago, ryanwilc said:

My parents just asked me to set it up so that they can track my phone. I am looking for an app that has very few other features cause I don't want them to know about them. Also I want it to give me a notification whenever they look at my location so at least I can know. Any help would be appreciated. 

BTW I'm 18 but still living under there house. I really just want to keep as much privacy as possible

A cousin of mine had his parents do this.  The thing is, unless the app is installing an administration profile on the phone, you can just turn off location services and go off the grid for a bit.

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

29 minutes ago, ryanwilc said:

I really just want to keep as much privacy as possible

Buying your own damn phone like an adult would be a sure fire way to ensure privacy.

46 minutes ago, ryanwilc said:

I'm 18

At 18 your parents should give you the freedom to do what ever you want without them tracking to see what you are up to, I'd definitely have word with them because at 18 you are basically an adult (I'm the same age and I had tracking on my phone and PC removed the day I turned 18).  

Edited by LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

4 minutes ago, Ashe said:

can you root your phone?
if so you can possibly just spoof your location.

Not looking to do that because then I would have to update it all the time

49 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Buying your own damn phone like an adult would be a sure fire way to ensure privacy.

If I am living with my parents they will not let me do that and I'm still in highschool

1 hour ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

At 18 your parents should give you the freedom to do what ever you want without them tracking to see what you are up to, I'd definitely have word with them because at 18 you are basically an adult (I'm the same age and I had tracking on my phone and PC removed the day I turned 18).  

Yes but at 18, they can also kick you out of their house. You live under their roof, you follow their rules. 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

3 hours ago, IKnight said:

Yes but at 18, they can also kick you out of their house. You live under their roof, you follow their rules. 

Thank you from understanding unlike everybody else even though I still don't have an answer

6 hours ago, ryanwilc said:

Thank you from understanding unlike everybody else even though I still don't have an answer

No problem. If you have an iPhone, it has an inbuilt feature called find my iPhone that would work. 

They could see where you are, you can see where they are, and turning off your GPS for a while would make you 'disappear'. 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Oh right forgot to mention, Snapchat also has the 'maps' feature which tends to be pretty accurate.