Floatplane concept design

Hey guys!

So I love designing things and I redesigned Floatplane for fun tell me what you think! There's some small descriptions explaining the different design choices and what is missing. This is mostly a fit & finish exploration and not an actual "ready-to-code" design.

concept02_share.png.ae00f6dd8f5301e8014161040a547d4c.png

So for the branding I went with something modern and simple. The perfect circle is uusable in any situation and represents the shape of a floatplane going forward. It is stylized but still recognizable. A design elements that I added is the frame/scafolding on the right. Floatplane is meant to be a a place for creators to be able to share to their communities, Floatplane gives them the frame to do that so the frame design represents this and supplements the design. The color palette is on the dark side because when you watch videos, you want to be immersed in the content with a slight tint of blue like the original color.

concept03_share.png.aa3bedfad9b4ddc4b46627f9acda51b5.png

So here's the basic channel view. To feel immersed in the channel you're viewing, the creator could chose their color palette, image and so on. The goal is to clearly separate the site navigation and the zone for the creator to work in. It is their place, their colors, their content. Right now the left elements (title, description, etc.) are big, but once you're subscribed to someone they would be way smaller to make place for more content. The creator could share whatever they want in whatever format they want. Single videos, featured videos, per week, per month, per playlists or even share links and files if it is relevent to the community.

concept04_share.png.ad95776818aa7b1ec6b0096a103c35aa.png

In this design here, we see a more "girly" oriented channel and how the design system can actually adapt. In this case, it's the back-to-school so the new back-to-schoool videos are featured in the top, but for relevancy, the older back-to-school videos are right under since it is that period. Of course, the side information is big, but this is just to show off the design and would be smaller if already subscribed.

The design is highly responsive. Not featured right now is the navigation that would be on the left under the title, but this is mostly a fit & finish exploration. The goal was to take a different approach of the classic top cover and navigation (like every other site out there) and just run with it.

Have a great day everyone!

Jay