Savage Jerky Sponsor?

Gruenbaum
1 minute ago, Clockwork_princess said:

Some people can’t deal with the sound, if that’s one hung then it must be petheic If you get annoyed at little kids screaming at the top of their lungs. That’s how bad it is for people who don’t like chewing sounds,

That’s why a lot of YouTube vidoes with food or chewing noises will have a warning to say if you don’t like that sounds turn down the volume 

(It was more of a crack on the word choice of 'pedantic')

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

30 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

I have to admit, the only time that noise bothers me is if people are wearing a headset mic or a bluetooth earpiece. I remember those earpieces on ps3 when people would eat chips and shit, the mic was in the perfect position by the jaw bone to exaggerate all the sounds of crunching and saliva.  Swear I could hear the enzymes break down the chips. 

It's so disgusting, but what you are describing sounds even worse..

Also, why does your kitty profile picture have red eyes?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Generally watch a recording on youtube not the live show but skipped/ffwed the sponsor bits on the last one, but it can be fun to watch Linus get spiked with a hot one lol.

45 minutes ago, Minibois said:

It's so disgusting, but what you are describing sounds even worse..

Also, why does your kitty profile picture have red eyes?

it's RGB fading, but I messed up. It's supposed to be really subtle but I made the red transition too obvious. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Maybe Savage Jerky should send LTT  a mix of 500 bags of jerky or so and have them ship to Canadian viewers for 1-2$ per bag shipping costs or something like that. Bam, you get  some discount AND cheaper shipping and keep a LTT intern busy sticking labels on envelopes.

Or even better ... buy 3 bags of savage jerky with 5$ shipping and get a free month of Floaplane subscription with it.

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

Headsets are still like that on PS4.  I can hear a buddy eating soup, chips, and more while we game.  I just start saying, "crunch crunch" or "slurp slurp" until he mutes his mic.

that's a great idea and the only reason I don't hear that on the ps4 is I don't really play my ps4 much

muh specs 

All parts black

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

That would be putting LTT at a lost, wouldn't it?  I mean isn't shipping in Canada pretty bad?

Well, yeah, they may lose some money if a person orders only ONE bag, because 2$ to ship one bag may not cover it.. but hopefully, people would order 2 or 3 and then 4-6$ shipping would be reasonable and STILL cheaper than 9.5$ i see in those pictures.

Also, Savage Jerky themselves could give LTT a better discount if they actually manage to sell a big enough quantity, so person pays 8$ for example per bag but LTT only has to send 6.5$ per bag to Savage Jerky at end of the month or every time they have to pay.

I see the bags are 3 oz (85g) and looking at stamp costs for sending paper mail, booklets etc  it's 1.8$ for 100g , 3$ for up to 200g etc Shouldn't be much difference for parcels within Canada and there's probably some special deals or programs for companies that send more than a few packages each month.

LTT probaby has the tshirts and the ltt store outsourced or something like that, but if they get everything under one roof to mail to Canadian viewers t-shirts and mugs and glasses and fidget spinners and other crap, they could get reasonable shipping costs

Maybe they make such a service for floatplane members, to have mother company ship stuff for floatplane members and/or manage their merchandise from shops.

27 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Well, yeah, they may lose some money if a person orders only ONE bag, because 2$ to ship one bag may not cover it.. but hopefully, people would order 2 or 3 and then 4-6$ shipping would be reasonable and STILL cheaper than 9.5$ i see in those pictures.

Also, Savage Jerky themselves could give LTT a better discount if they actually manage to sell a big enough quantity, so person pays 8$ for example per bag but LTT only has to send 6.5$ per bag to Savage Jerky at end of the month or every time they have to pay.

I see the bags are 3 oz (85g) and looking at stamp costs for sending paper mail, booklets etc  it's 1.8$ for 100g , 3$ for up to 200g etc Shouldn't be much difference for parcels within Canada and there's probably some special deals or programs for companies that send more than a few packages each month.

LTT probaby has the tshirts and the ltt store outsourced or something like that, but if they get everything under one roof to mail to Canadian viewers t-shirts and mugs and glasses and fidget spinners and other crap, they could get reasonable shipping costs

Maybe they make such a service for floatplane members, to have mother company ship stuff for floatplane members and/or manage their merchandise from shops.

You’re basically advocating for LMG to start a business venture and essentially become a Savage reseller. 

You're not really considering all the other aspects of this that would cost time and funds, meaning that what you propose would be a large investment from LMG. 

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

16 hours ago, Ezilkannan said:

It makes me want to go get some, sadly, Savage Jerky is not available here :( As long as they don't talk with their mouth full, its pretty fine by me!

Have you checked their site? They ship internationally (though prepare for butt-rape shipping prices). 

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

7 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Have you checked their site? They ship internationally (though prepare for butt-rape shipping prices). 

No, they don't ship to India and it would be expensive anyway to ship it all the way :| Pretty much like PC parts where we have to pay 100% markup for all the stupid taxes here :/