advice on a new keyboard

wobbegong

Hi, i've got about $150-$170 (aus) to spend on a mechanical keyboard. I don't play that many games, but I do type a lot for uni and other stuff.

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=113_1276&zenid=9289c81abeb45f25b875ffa44ebdb658

http://www.mwave.com.au/input-devices/keyboards?filter=195%3Dyes&filteroptions=195%3Dmechanical

Purchasing from one of the above stores (excuse the extortionate australian pricing). My friend recommended the Razer BW Ultimate, but I would like a wrist rest. I prefer backlighting (don't care about the colour) and I don't care about macro keys. Any input would be great, thanks.

< ( ( ( " >

ducky shine3 + ducky leather wrist rest

^This. I'm currently using SteelSeries 6Gv2 with Red switches, which I also recommend if you want to save a bit of money and not get a keyboard with lights.

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

How are red switches for typing, aren't they really reactive?

< ( ( ( " >

What do you mean by "reactive"?

Red switches are really nice for typing. They may not have the tactile feedback or clicks such as browns/blue switches, but red switches are LIGHT, and you don't have to bottom out for the keys to register, so you can type for a longer period of time without fatigue.

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

these guys are also in australia - http://www.mechkb.com/

skSpijX.jpg

ducky shine3 (blue led + blue switches) here  + ducky leather wrist rest here

(das keyboard ultimate above - ergoclear switch mod)

Yes reds are very sensitive and easy to actuate. Easy to make mistakes if you are not an accurate typist.

^ That looks good, but I might opt for the shine zero because the keyboard+the wrist rest+shipping goes over my budget.

< ( ( ( " >

all opf the mentioned are gret keyboards. just make sure u get mx blues or browns (if u like it to be quieter)

This ^

CPU: FX-8350 Cooler: NZXT Kraken X60 w/2X NF-A14 FLX MoBo: Asus M5A99FX Pro Rev 2.0 Memory: 8GB G.Skill Sniper@1720 GPU: Sapphire Dual-X HD7970@1100/1500 Storage: Samsung 840 120GB(OS), Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 64MB PSU: Sparkle 850W Gold Case: Corsair C70 Military green w/ Solid window Keyboard: Ducky Shines 3 (MX Blues), Razer BlackWidow 2013 Ultimate Mouse: Corsair M90,M65 w/ Vengeance MM600

This ^

+1

U FOKEN WUT M8 ILL REK U M8 ILL BEAT UR ASS ACROSS THE PLANET ANS THEN SELL YOU TO THE MAFIA WHERE THEY WILL MAKE YOU THIER BITCH U FGT