Air cooler for R5 1600 OC?

So currently I own an FX8350 on the stock cooler, but I want to replace it because it's just loud af.

But I plan to upgrade to the R5 1600 which I plan to overclock.

The air cooler needs to be under 120mm (I have the corsair air240 case)

Is there any low profile air coolers that are worth buying that I can overclock when I get the 1600, or do I buy an aIO 240mm instead of a low profile cooler?

Just now, Thermosman said:

how low profile?

Under 120mm.

1 minute ago, Thermosman said:

the r5 1600 comes with a wraith spire cooler

Is that enough to overclock with? 

Just now, Baifish said:

Is that enough to overclock with? 

Yes, you should be able to get a around 3.8ghz overclock, however, this is based on others experience, I do not personally own one

CPU: Ryzen 1700@3.9ghz; GPU: EVGA 560 Ti 1gb; RAM: 16gb 2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000; PCPP: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/b3xzzM

Yes, you should be able to get a around 3.8ghz overclock, however, this is based on others experience, I do not personally own one

Alrighty, much appreciated! :-)

1 minute ago, Baifish said:

Alrighty, much appreciated! :-)

It comes with the 1600, so if you are not satisfied, you can always get a new cooler :)

CPU: Ryzen 1700@3.9ghz; GPU: EVGA 560 Ti 1gb; RAM: 16gb 2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000; PCPP: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/b3xzzM

It comes with it, so if you are not satisfied, you can always get a new cooler :)

Fair enough! :-)

the included one?

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

the included one?

i know but i didn't know if that was sufficient for overclocking

1 minute ago, Baifish said:

i know but i didn't know if that was sufficient for overclocking

it is, you can probably get 3.7GHz on it

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

Alright, cheers

If you're in America or have a way of getting a Cryorig C7 that could be a decent option aside from the stock Ryzen fan. 

It's 47mm high.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

21 minutes ago, wcreek said:

If you're in America or have a way of getting a Cryorig C7 that could be a decent option aside from the stock Ryzen fan. 

It's 47mm high.

Possibly, I've heard it's bad though 

27 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Can confirm: Stable (like 1 hour of handbrake) 3.7 @ 1.275 volts temps at low 70s under that handbrake test very rarely past 62 or 63c just with the Wraith Cooler under gaming and editing/rendering with Hitfilm express

Can even do 3.8 but I don't want to put too much stress on my mobo (not the greatest VRM solution so better not crack 1.3v) but the Wraith can still handle that.

-------

Current Rig

-------

4 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Can confirm: Stable (like 1 hour of handbrake) 3.7 @ 1.275 volts temps at low 70s under that handbrake test very rarely past 62 or 63c just with the Wraith Cooler under gaming and editing/rendering with Hitfilm express

Can even do 3.8 but I don't want to put too much stress on my mobo (not the greatest VRM solution so better not crack 1.3v) but the Wraith can still handle that.

ah nice! Thanks <3