power supply semi-working

TechRicalx

So i bought this power supply second-hand  and it does a wierd thing i'll try to get it returned but in the meantime if you could help me 

when I was first running it it worked fine everything booted up correctly and the system worked but when I turned it off it wouldn't turn back on just a little spike of power. After 5-10 minutes of being plugged in it worked perfectly 

If  you could tell me what component on the psu doesn't work.If you need any more information i'm happy to reply.

It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow. Craig Bruce 

1 minute ago, TechRicalx said:

So i bought this power supply second-hand  and it does a wierd thing i'll try to get it returned but in the meantime if you could help me 

when I was first running it it worked fine everything booted up correctly and the system worked but when I turned it off it wouldn't turn back on just a little spike of power. After 5-10 minutes of being plugged in it worked perfectly 

If  you could tell me what component on the psu doesn't work.If you need any more information i'm happy to reply.

Hard to say. But anyway, never dismantle a power supply unless you are very very experienced at this. There is HIGH chance of electrocuting yourself.

Per example just if the Fan breaks, --> buy new PSU.

Just return it when you can and get a new one. Don't cheap out on it, no need to buy the most expensive, but try to get decent one. there is a list of PSU here listed by TIER. Just search for PSU list  on top right corner in the search field 

CPU: Intel i7 6700K 4.5 ghz / CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 / Board: Asus Z170-A / GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000 mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB / PSU: Corsair RMx 850w / Case: Fractal Design Define S / Keyboard: Corsair MX Silent / Mouse: Logitech G403 / Monitor: Dell 27" TN 1ms 1440p/144hz Gsync

1 minute ago, gbergeron said:

Hard to say. But anyway, never dismantle a power supply unless you are very very experienced at this. There is HIGH chance of electrocuting yourself.

Per example just if the Fan breaks, --> buy new PSU.

Just return it when you can and get a new one. Don't cheap out on it, no need to buy the most expensive, but try to get decent one. there is a list of PSU here listed by TIER. Just search for PSU list  on top right corner in the search field 

well i'm kinda experienced at this but i still can't figure out witch component is broken sadly i have no more budget for a new psu eighter i get this one fixed or i'm stuck without a computer.And if you have any knowledge of this please help me on this one 

It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow. Craig Bruce 

I would find it far too dangerous to continue using a broken PSU.  Without money, I´d call a recycling place and ask if I can get one.  When ppl bin their old computers, they are unlikely to remove the PSU first.  If you´re desperate, make calls to some companies around your area and ask if they have some old computer they´d like to get rid of.  Asking doesn´t hurt.

Otherwise, why would you turn your computer off just to turn it back on before even 10 minutes have passed?

23 minutes ago, TechRicalx said:

well i'm kinda experienced at this but i still can't figure out witch component is broken sadly i have no more budget for a new psu eighter i get this one fixed or i'm stuck without a computer.And if you have any knowledge of this please help me on this one 

Not sure what doesn’t work but what PSU is it, what are your specs, and did you buy it still under warranty?

I would highly recommend only buying a PSU used if it still is under warranty with the original receipt.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||