APT-X HD Bluetooth dongles?

Hi

I have a pair of bluetooth headpones that i recently got, it has come to my attention that they support the APT-x codec by using my friends lg g5 over the weekend.

What i wanted to ask is if there is any usb dongles (recievers?) or anything simular i can plug into my pc to connect my headphones wirelessly and that it supports the APT-X HD bluetooth codec.

Also where to buy it if possible.

Thank you for your time

+1 to this question. There is very little online about aptX HD despite being around for several months now.

• 9 months later...

Hi.

+100 more! It's a year later, has anything been made yet? I spent more than 10 hours looking for ''something'', but no luck... :(

I don't get those people, they invented these codecs looooong ago. Yet for what purpose, if there's no hardware for it? Nothing except for phones, and such. :|

• 2 weeks later...

from my knowledge no there is basically nothing, what I think is the case is with that technology is that they are trying to keep it exclusive to rake in more money. if they have the patent for that technology it's possible that it will take another few years to see other consumer products because a patent lasts 20 years or so I think. according to Wikipedia aptx HD was made around 2009. so we could potentially see more of it in 2029.

• 2 weeks later...

There IS something now!!!

There are a couple choices actually, but I am using the one from the following link..

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ugreen-Mini-USB-V-4-0-Bluetooth-Adapter-Dual-Mode-Wireless-Bluetooth-Dongle-CRS-Audio-Receiver/32696756077.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dEgHJ6L

Pretty sure aliexpress isn't the only place to look now.  The main thing for this one is that the driver is a bit...  funky.  It doesn't play the Windows 10 add a device game, it uses it's own utility to add devices, and even tells you when an APT-X device is connected!!  Using it as we speak..  (Use the CD driver.  Don't get creative..  I remember learning that..)

PD

On 9/7/2018 at 2:10 AM, thephuzzyday said:

There IS something now!!!

There are a couple choices actually, but I am using the one from the following link..

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ugreen-Mini-USB-V-4-0-Bluetooth-Adapter-Dual-Mode-Wireless-Bluetooth-Dongle-CRS-Audio-Receiver/32696756077.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dEgHJ6L

Pretty sure aliexpress isn't the only place to look now.  The main thing for this one is that the driver is a bit...  funky.  It doesn't play the Windows 10 add a device game, it uses it's own utility to add devices, and even tells you when an APT-X device is connected!!  Using it as we speak..  (Use the CD driver.  Don't get creative..  I remember learning that..)

PD

Based on my 5 minutes of "research" I found that Ugreen does not sell that USB adapter, furthermore just so everyone reading this knows, the USB you linked *might* have APTX. The thing is even if it did we were talking about *APT-X HD*, which is not the same. if you look at Qualcomm's APTX website you can also see ALL and I mean ALL devices that have any APTX technology. there are a few devices by Ugreen there but not that USB. Please be aware of those things when looking for APTX products

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/11/2018 at 7:40 AM, Frickinchees said:

Based on my 5 minutes of "research" I found that Ugreen does not sell that USB adapter, furthermore just so everyone reading this knows, the USB you linked *might* have APTX. The thing is even if it did we were talking about *APT-X HD*, which is not the same. if you look at Qualcomm's APTX website you can also see ALL and I mean ALL devices that have any APTX technology. there are a few devices by Ugreen there but not that USB. Please be aware of those things when looking for APTX products

It IS APT-X for sure. Didn't pick up the HD thing, my bad. The drivers and chip are CSR, and all kinds of companies are using the APT-X chips.  It even says APT-X connected on the screen.  Tons of products not listed on there use APT-X.  My phone tells me what codec is being used at the time, and everything is above board.

• 2 years later...