Way i7-8700k stock is so low ?

EOZ

Really intel can't produce enough chips for consumers or it's just a marketing trick to grab extra money from consumers ? I really do not understand why it takes so long time to produce these chips the actual architecture is not even that new WTF :(  Is there any possibility when stock will come back in november or december ?

They were supposed to be released in 2018, Intel rushed them because of Ryzen.

Pretty much every intel launch suffers from low stock in the first few months though,

after waiting for over a month for 6700k I preordered I had to get a 6600k because there was just

no way to get it without paying some reseller 500 bucks.

They bought the launch forward to go against Ryzen. It was understood the range was only expected to be released early next year, and until then it is believed it will still be in short supply. There is talk there will be further shipments this year but I don't feel like it will be enough to satisfy demand.

Also like the GPU shortages, the manufacturers likely don't make more in constraint, as it is up to the resellers to decide retail pricing. 

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

At first I wanted to mention how 3.7 - 4.7Ghz stock frequencies aren't bad, than I realized it was about the stock in stores.

I'm just gonna assume that this was sort of a rushed thing, with Intel basically on a similar manufacturing way as Many Lake, but now they need to be sure they have 6 working cores on most chips (at least their i7's and i5's).

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

It was basically a paper launch.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Because they launched it before they even had any stock at Intel.

Now people there need to work over time, just to get those new shiny CPUs to us.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

Do you really think that retailers charging a premium makes intel any more money?

Paper Launch?  Bullshit.  As of yesterday Newegg had filled every pre/backorder and was taking orders and shipping them the same day.

i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 EK Cooled || EVGA z390 Dark || G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 4000MHz C16

970 Pro 1tb || 860 Evo 2tb || BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 || EVGA P2 1200w || AOC Agon AG352UCG

Cooled by: Heatkiller || Hardware Labs || Bitspower || Noctua || EKWB

Yeah... I should have realized this would take longer than a few weeks to settle. Only my second PC build so yeah.... I'm in the process of selling all the stuff from my old 6700K build. Now I'm stuck with only my laptop waiting for someone to release the things. 

I don't think Cannonlake will see the light of day until at least this time next year, but I'm really hoping Intel keeps the same socket otherwise I might be selling a CPU/MOBO combo again next year. That shrinkage to 10nm will probably bring us amazing results, at least in temperature decreases.

3 minutes ago, TahoeDust said:

Do you really think that retailers charging a premium makes intel any more money?

Paper Launch?  Bullshit.  As of yesterday Newegg had filled every pre/backorder and was taking orders and shipping them the same day.

What do mean taking orders? I check Newegg's website with a passion and am set up for notifications, these haven't been on sale since day 1 AFAIK.

Just now, MCDELTAT said:

What do mean taking orders? I check Newegg's website with a passion and am set up for notifications, these haven't been on sale since day 1 AFAIK.

Something is wrong with your notifications then.

They were also instock again at 2:50am this morning...

https://www.nowinstock.net/computers/processors/intel/

i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 EK Cooled || EVGA z390 Dark || G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 4000MHz C16

970 Pro 1tb || 860 Evo 2tb || BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 || EVGA P2 1200w || AOC Agon AG352UCG

3 minutes ago, TahoeDust said:

Something is wrong with your notifications then.

They were also instock again at 2:50am this morning...

https://www.nowinstock.net/computers/processors/intel/

I guess this is why I came to these forums..... hopefully I can grab one before the end of the month. I have everything else except for the CPU, so it's gonna kill me for every week I have to wait.

1 hour ago, TahoeDust said:

Excellent, so one retailer out of hundreds around the world has stock and somehow there isn't a shortage anymore?

Grow up please.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

4 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Excellent, so one retailer out of hundreds around the world has stock and somehow there isn't a shortage anymore?

Grow up please.

Supply shortage =/= Paper Launch.

If I wanted one, I could have ordered one yesterday.  It came in and out of stock 8 times yesterday...

dIf97i5.png

8 minutes ago, TahoeDust said:

If I wanted one, I could have ordered one yesterday.  It came in and out of stock 8 times yesterday...

dIf97i5.png

At one retailer. Literally EVERY OTHER retailer on the planet has no stock and will likely stay that way until December.

Sure I was being a little facetious calling it a paper launch but it's not that far from the truth. Intel launched with so little stock it's laughable to even call it a launch.

Just now, Master Disaster said:

At one retailer. Literally EVERY OTHER retailer on the planet has no stock and will likely stay that way until December.

Sure I was being a little facetious calling it a paper launch but it's not that far from the truth. Intel launched with so little stock it's laughable to even call it a launch.

B&H started shipping their pre-orders today...

22 minutes ago, TahoeDust said:

dIf97i5.png

This was most likely from orders being canceled, cards being declined, etc. and those units went back in inventory.

1 minute ago, Speed0verdose said:

This was most likely from orders being canceled, cards being declined, etc. and those units when back in inventory.

Maybe, but I doubt it...it would be a lot.  I know that during that 2:05-2:40 window a ton got ordered on Reddit and other forums.  

26 minutes ago, TahoeDust said:

B&H started shipping their pre-orders today...

Err, so a retailer shipping an order 13 days after order date is somehow supposed to back up your claim that these processors aren't in short supply?

Nice one, made me chuckle.

Welll... I just pre-ordered one from B&H because the customer service rep said I can cancel at any time before it ships. I'll probably be way down on the list, but eh. Also cheaper than Newegg with free shipping and no sales tax in California, which normally slaughters me with taxes on tech.

Just now, Master Disaster said:

Err, so a retailer shipping a pre order 15 days after the launch date is somehow supposed to back up your claim that these processors aren't in short supply?

Nice one, made me chuckle.

You literally said... "Literally EVERY OTHER retailer on the planet has no stock and will likely stay that way until December."... 

How could you possibly be more wrong?

I did not say they weren't in short supply.  I said it was not a paper launch.  Stop moving the goal post.

4 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

Welll... I just pre-ordered one from B&H because the customer service rep said I can cancel at any time before it ships. I'll probably be way down on the list, but eh. Also cheaper than Newegg with free shipping and no sales tax in California, which normally slaughters me with taxes on tech.

The taxes thing does suck at $28, but i did get 3% cash back using Ebates ($12).

Just now, TahoeDust said:

You literally said... "Literally EVERY OTHER retailer on the planet has no stock and will likely stay that way until December."... 

How could you possibly be more wrong?

I did not say they weren't in short supply.  I said it was not a paper launch.  Stop moving the goal post.

Wow, I'm not moving anything. I've already admitted that calling it a paper launch was a little facetious however I'm sorry buddy but 1 retailer having stock for 2 hours in an entire day and another taking 12 days to fulfil an order means absolutely nothing.

Coffee Lake CPUs are out of stock everywhere, for every retailer you post that might have found 2 or 3 to sell I can post 20 that have nothing and Intel themselves have said it might take months before regular stock appears on shelves.

I really don't even understand what your trying to achieve here? So NewEgg have a few they can sell, that doesn't mean they're not hard to find. It mean NewEgg have some good supplier contacts and/or have had cancellations for previously sold inventory.

Like I said earlier, grow up. Coffee Lake is in incredibly short supply right now FACT.

12 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:
Spoiler

Wow, I'm not moving anything. I've already admitted that calling it a paper launch was a little facetious however I'm sorry buddy but 1 retailer having stock for 2 hours in an entire day and another taking 12 days to fulfil an order means absolutely nothing.

Coffee Lake CPUs are out of stock everywhere, for every retailer you post that might have found 2 or 3 to sell I can post 20 that have nothing and Intel themselves have said it might take months before regular stock appears on shelves.

I really don't even understand what your trying to achieve here? So NewEgg have a few they can sell, that doesn't mean they're not hard to find. It mean NewEgg have some good supplier contacts and/or have had cancellations for previously sold inventory.

Like I said earlier, grow up. Coffee Lake is in incredibly short supply right now FACT.

I never said they were not in short supply.  But, it was not a paper launch and "Literally EVERY OTHER retailer on the planet has no stock and will likely stay that way until December." is simply not true.  You were just spouting an uninformed, incorrect, and exaggerated opinion and got called out on it.  Get over it.

18 minutes ago, TahoeDust said:

I never said they were not in short supply.  But, it was not a paper launch and "Literally EVERY OTHER retailer on the planet has no stock and will likely stay that way until December." is simply not true.  You were just spouting an uninformed, incorrect, and exaggerated opinion and got called out on it.  Get over it.

Until you show me another retailer other than NewEgg with stock on general sale right now then actually, yes, it is true.

i7 8700k in stock here in india.

Ordered mine yesterday. For 450$.

Now more in stock at Amazon and mdcomputers.