does my PSU considered good and reliable one?

MindUnited

The one I have is X-750W from Seasonic , I heard Seasonic is a good brand and PSU can last long 

a bit scared about the lifespan of PSU , my home got electric blackout like 2-3 times during this PSU was in my PC but I assume it wont hurt much

also the model is way from 2012 but I bought this psu around early august 2016 - does this mean I'll get the long-stocked X-750W or a new one manufactured in 2016? (I didnt bought secondhand)

seasonic is probably best PSU brand so it should be good

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

It's a good brand and it's a very high quality series with quality components and the warranty for those was 5 or 7 years so you know they were made to last.

I myself have a x-650 from Seasonic and it's still working perfectly fine (4years or more since i bought it)

17 minutes ago, MindUnited said:

The one I have is X-750W from Seasonic , I heard Seasonic is a good brand and PSU can last long 

a bit scared about the lifespan of PSU , my home got electric blackout like 2-3 times during this PSU was in my PC but I assume it wont hurt much

also the model is way from 2012 but I bought this psu around early august 2016 - does this mean I'll get the long-stocked X-750W or a new one manufactured in 2016? (I didnt bought secondhand)

Its not a bad idea to think about replacing this unit and already have an eye out for another one because you find many people complaining about issues that could be defective capacitors.

Even though this unit uses "Wapanese" capacitors...

12 minutes ago, SquintyG33Rs said:

seasonic is probably best PSU brand so it should be good

argh, go, just go.

And no, they are not _THAT_ good.

As Contract manufacturers nobody uses them anymore!
Not Corsair, not Cooler Master, not be quiet...

And also look at the forums more.

People complaining about the fan of the new Prime units or coil Whine and other things.

Why do people think some manufacturers are gods?!
THere are no GODs (well, maybe DELTA), because all manufacturers have access to the same components of from the same manufacturers and build somewhat similar (performing) units. 

You just need to go to Infineon for MOSFETs and the primary control IC, Weltrend or Siti for the protection circuits, put some passives on too and you're golden.

Everything depends on the layout, design choices and how good your engineers are.

Who manufactures that shit is (almost) irrelevant!!

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

So if  I need to eye out for new one , what should be the recommended one? I may even go down too 700w 

since

970A-D3P

FX8320E that I didnt OC , its max are 1.404v on 4.0ghz (I didnt change any settings)

3GB 1060 

a Push/Pull Seidon 120V V3

WD Black 1TB

and a TT Luna 120 Intake may not use the max out of 750w

I considered the durable,quiet,cool temp not hot

and not Corsair since I struggle with VS650 before I switch to Seasonic

Corsair and Cooler master and others aren't using Seasonic anymore mainly because they're somewhat inflexible, they're not willing to replace parts with cheaper but lower quality ones or use cheaper fans with lower life, in their power supplies. They're chasing the maximum profit per unit and working on cutting corners and reducing BOM costs while Seasonic probably isn't interested to be such an OEM.

They're basically "we put the circuit board in your case, take it or leave it" while other OEMs like CWT are willing to put shit on the market as long the buyer orders the minimum quantity.

be quiet ... meh, never liked them... German company always focusing on silent operation with decent fans but while using HEC or FSP (fortron) and their Capxon capacitors.  Could just as well buy one of those Sirfa/High Power supplies with their golf ball fans and get the same silent profile more or less yet better quality.

As for coil whine on Seasonic power supplies ... yeah, that happens when you make power supplies that are too aggressive, aiming for lowest ripple and all that. Doesn't happen to me, but I'm aware some people have whining Seasonic power supplies.

However, it's not something that happens only on Seasonic power supplies.

@MindUnited, relax, keep using what you have now.  Your computer doesn't use more than 200-250 watts when you're gaming. The power supply you have is barely sweating at such low power consumption, it should still be almost as good as new

1 minute ago, mariushm said:

Corsair and Cooler master and others aren't using Seasonic anymore mainly because they're somewhat inflexible, they're not willing to replace parts with cheaper but lower quality ones or use cheaper fans with lower life, in their power supplies. They're chasing the maximum profit per unit and working on cutting corners and reducing BOM costs while Seasonic probably isn't interested to be such an OEM.

They're basically "we put the circuit board in your case, take it or leave it" while other OEMs like CWT are willing to put shit on the market as long the buyer orders the minimum quantity.

be quiet ... meh, never liked them... German company always focusing on silent operation with decent fans but while using HEC or FSP (fortron) and their Capxon capacitors.  Could just as well buy one of those Sirfa/High Power supplies with their golf ball fans and get the same silent profile more or less yet better quality.

As for coil whine on Seasonic power supplies ... yeah, that happens when you make power supplies that are too aggressive, aiming for lowest ripple and all that. Doesn't happen to me, but I'm aware some people have whining Seasonic power supplies.

However, it's not something that happens only on Seasonic power supplies.

@MindUnited, relax, keep using what you have now.  Your computer doesn't use more than 200-250 watts when you're gaming. The power supply you have is barely sweating at such low power consumption, it should still be almost as good as new

K , thanks. You did said that all my components = 200-250 watts while I'm using 750W 

Do I understand correctly that PSU will not draw 100% at the time so they wont hot and produce only the amount they need right?

EDIT : yeah about coil whine It did happen but for just short stint of time , like 1-2 times a day. It didnt damaged just annoyance right?

Correct, the power supply produces only as much as components in your pc demand. The 750w is the maximum that can sent to components.

idle = in windows, browsing net watching movies , load = doing something cpu intensive, or playing some serious game

cpu 5-10w idle, 50-70w load , graphics card 10-15w idle , 120w load

motherboard 20-40w maybe ,2-3w per memory stick, around 1-3w per fan, around 6-8w per mechanical hdd, 2-3w for ssd

the power supply should turn off its fan when it outputs less than around 150 watts ... so if fan doesn't spin you know pc uses less than that.

Nothing gets damaged when that whine happens. It can whine 24/7 for months or years without problems but it would be annoying.

It's just wires rubbing against ferrite cores (a magnetic material), or like the buzz of a power transformer or the noise you hear if you put your ear close to a fluorescent light bulb

6 hours ago, mariushm said:

Corsair and Cooler master and others aren't using Seasonic anymore mainly because they're somewhat inflexible,

No, that's just false.

They don't use them for other reasons than them being inflexible. 

There are other reasons than that. 

@jonnyGURU might agree with me more than with you...

6 hours ago, mariushm said:

be quiet hasn't used CapXon Caps for at least 5 years or so now.

And what's wrong with HEC and FSP??

And in the Pure Power 8/9/10 they never used CapXon to my knowledge. Even in later iterations of the Straight Power E9 they didn't use CapXon no more...

But in the end the Design/Layout and enviroment the capacitors have to work is 

And its not like Seasonic doesn't have issues that look like capacitors failing in their X/P Series, do they??

And by the way:
Seems like the good old RM series with their CapXon caps is still going strong.

Haven't heard much of them failing yet...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

13 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

THere are no GODs (well, maybe DELTA)

I dunno man.. After dealing with Delta this past year, I dare say there's lots of room for improvement.  Their assembly is certainly flawless, but their engineering capability (or lack there of) has left me a little miffed.

6 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

No, that's just false.

They don't use them for other reasons than them being inflexible. 

There are other reasons than that. 

@jonnyGURU might agree with me more than with you...

Seasonic can be quite flexible.  Especially recently.  About four or five years ago they had a management change up.  Including hiring an engineer away from Flextronics.

I honestly wish Seasonic was a tier 1.  Maybe someday they will be.  If they had more engineers (they're all stretched to capacity right now) and in-house PCBA they would be truly awesome.

so , If I need to eye for new one what would be the recommended?
Durable , quiet and not hot are the my conditions and im not good at taking out parts one by one and dusting , just open the case and wiping the wipable area

my daily basis of uses are

Turn on around 1pm + turn off around 00:30-01.30 am , daily

Air Conditioner always on so the room is handfully cool

Gaming : around 40-140 Minutes per stint , around 2-4 stints/day

sometime did streaming just 720p30

CPU - FX8320E 3.2Ghz (Powers on HWmonitor range from 31w-max of 58-60w , mostly during 40-56w) - 2 year of usage

Cooler - Seidon 120V V3 Plus (Coolermaster) It's in Push-Pull System - installed since Aug 2017

MOBO - 970A-D3P Rev 2.0 - 2 year of usage , CPU and Mobo are from the day I built this PC since Mar 2015

GPU - GALAX GTX 1060 3GB - installed since Aug 2017

HDD - WD Black 1TB - installed since Jun 2017

Front Fan -- TT Luna 120MM Blue - installed since Jun 2017

Case - Cougar Archon

Port that I connected in 

usb2.0 Mouse , usb2.0 Keyboard , usb2.0 speaker , 3.5mm speaker and PC Mic

11 minutes ago, MindUnited said:

so , If I need to eye for new one what would be the recommended? Durable , quiet and not hot are the my conditions

my daily basis of uses are

Turn on around 1pm + turn off around 00:30-01.30 am , daily

Air Conditioner always on so the room is handfully cool

Gaming : around 40-140 Minutes per stint , around 2-4 stints/day

sometime did streaming just 720p30

Either the Corsair RM550x or the BitFenix Whisper M 450W. Both are good options.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

1 hour ago, MindUnited said:

so , If I need to eye for new one what would be the recommended?

Recommended would be to keep your current unit. It's high quality and has only been in use for a year.

25 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

Recommended would be to keep your current unit. It's high quality and has only been in use for a year.

ty , i'm kinda worried very much about it. Like overthinking to the point that a Hum or wavering which is normal by Fan my lead to explode or such. I should calm down right?

Also the PSU did face some electric blackout , like super short blackout (for around 0.5-1 seconds then the electric is back) and my PC was shutdowned due to I didnt acknowledge my UPS was not fully helpable. but still the PC is fine and nothing broken. Nowaday I got new UPS and if the situation like this occured. It'll be fine now

But that wont harm it much right? the paragraph above occured during this Seasonic for like 2 times only

how long I should stay with the unit? 

I'm not planned on any upgrades , since I spent so much but still on Depression and Anxiety/Overworried on the noise - trying to de-stressed down and will keep use the part until it's actually unuseable (or at least 2-2.5 years)