Noobie to Server Pro

hello there, i want to start FIle HOsting server and mange it on my own,i  dont know how to do that.

means i Design my website 

i host files

i place ads

if Server fails,i fix it

if a intruder try to get in i will kick him out 

like that

since i am planning to do it on my own , what courses should i learn to start this,i have completed Diploma in EEE and i know its not useful to that

There are plenty of open source platforms that wouldn't require you to build something from scratch. Are you trying to do this from a box in your house? Are you going to use a VPS? Who is your target audience?

13 minutes ago, Legendarypoet said:

There are plenty of open source platforms that wouldn't require you to build something from scratch. Are you trying to do this from a box in your house? Are you going to use a VPS? Who is your target audience?

i want to buy a used server and start with ,but i dont know how to configure those.so i wanted to learn these stuff.

Just now, Sailakki said:

i want to buy a used server and start with ,but i dont know how to configure those.so i wanted to learn these stuff.

Before you spend any money, if you have a virtualization capable PC, install virtualbox and try a linux server distro. Build a lamp stack and go from there. Youtube has a wealth of tutorials. If you are going to host from home, you may have some challenges based on your ISP.