Apple Reportedly Cutting iPhone 8 Production Already

Source: https://www.kitguru.net/lifestyle/mobile/apple/matthew-wilson/apple-reportedly-cuts-down-iphone-8-production/

It looks like Apple may have already started decreasing production on the iPhone 8. This is the soonest Apple have ever reduced production of a new flagship. 

Obviously there are a number of people holding out for the iPhone X, but with recent data showing that iPhone 7 sales are outperforming the iPhone 8, I think there could also be a large number of people who just don’t think that the 8 and the X are worth the much higher price tags. The seven is still a great phone and in my opinion probably the best value of everything being offered right now. 

I have jumped from the 6 to the 8 Plus, which is a huge difference for me, especially in the battery life are, but having used a friends 7 Plus I can’t honestly say that the 8 is worth the extra money over what you can get the seven for right now. 

Could this year be a year of new iPhone fatigue? 

Just seems like a year of less than underwhelming or just plain shitty phones.

iPhone 8 was quite underwhelming albeit somewhat expected, the Pixel 2 and XL especially are kinda shit, and the chain kinda goes on.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Makes sense, the iPhone 8 is the most boring phone of the year. xD

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

I've noticed that some smart phone users, Apple and Android alike, often have their phone charging when they are at their desk at work or at home making improved battery life not really noticeable. Since the improvements from the 8 are not that too drastic from previous generations, I can see why consumers are more attracted to the 7 at a cheaper price.

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

iPhone 7s but instead they've revived their design language of 2009-2012 or something like that.

I have a Galaxy S8+ and love it, but if the headphone jack goes bye bye by 2019 and my S8+ ages like my S6 did then I will probably get an iPhone. I hope my S8+ ages a little better than the S6 but I suppose time will tell.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

1 minute ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

I've noticed that some smart phone users, Apple and Android alike, often have their phone charging when they are at their desk at work or at home making improved battery life not really noticeable. Since the improvements from the 8 are not that too drastic from previous generations, I can see why consumers are more attracted to the 7 at a cheaper price.

Well I mean yeah, people have gotten into the routine of keeping their phone close to an outlet.

I mean that's the thing about my S8+ I love, if I'm not using it for sure from 100% it can last me almost 3 days and still have enough juice for a couple hours SoT.

I think I've gotten almost 2 days on battery and almost 4 hours SoT or something like that.

Wireless charging, it's cool I mean I want to get a charging pad for my S8+ but I mean considering the life I get out of it anyways and the fact that I have a 13,000mAh+ battery bank a charging pad is kinda not necessary as cool as it is.

I can see Apple ditching it for the 2018 iPhone(s)

20 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

iPhone 8 was quite underwhelming albeit somewhat expected, the Pixel 2 and XL especially are kinda shit, and the chain kinda goes on.

You could be right - there’s not really been anything that’s made me jump out of my skin this year 

Sigh. So many *good improved but nothing special* phones coming out this year. Not surprised they are reducing production already due to that. As I need a new phone at the end of the year I've been looking at what has come out so far and absolutely nothing stands out in terms if omg I want that now! It's all meh it's ok this has that and that has this. 

I wanted the note 8 for a while and then I wanted the iPhone X. But really nothing on either of those phones makes it worthwhile to pay those prices. The 8 is just plain meh...

Pixel line was straight up meh no thanks.

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

15 minutes ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

Mines always on charge because I've never had a phone that lasts longer than about 8-10 hours on a charge, despite what manufacturer's claim is possible. I currently own a Note 3, and have always wondered how people managed to go full days or even 1.5 days on a charge. I'm not a heavy user either - I don't even play games on my phone since I try to use it solely as a communication and work tool.

I'll go from 100% in the morning around 8am down to about 86% after 30 minutes of screen-on time checking emails and Facebook, then check notifications on my 15 minute work break and it'll be down to about 68%. Lunch hits so I check it again for 30 minutes, maybe read some reddit, text a bit, and I'm down to below 50%. By the time I've had my last 15 minute break and it's time to go home for the day I'm either sitting around 28% or less. Sometimes it's effectively dead (less than 14% left) by the time I get home.

Sure, it could be my battery, but it's done this since I've set the phone up with your standard array of social media apps, a few email accounts, and news apps. All have been configured to sync less often, and I don't leave my GPS or Bluetooth on when I'm not using them to save more battery life. When I first got the phone before I set anything up, I easily got a full day out of it, so clearly these manufacturers like to test their phones with no aftermarket apps installed and make battery claims based on this. :( 

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

26 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Well let's be honest here: it's better when the only main feature of your phone is 2160p60 recording than your phone being flawed in almost every key area.

13 minutes ago, kirashi said:

Mines always on charge because I've never had a phone that lasts longer than about 8-10 hours on a charge, despite what manufacturer's claim is possible. I currently own a Note 3, and have always wondered how people managed to go full days or even 1.5 days on a charge. I'm not a heavy user either - I don't even play games on my phone since I try to use it solely as a communication and work tool.

I'll go from 100% in the morning around 8am down to about 86% after 30 minutes of screen-on time checking emails and Facebook, then check notifications on my 15 minute work break and it'll be down to about 68%. Lunch hits so I check it again for 30 minutes, maybe read some reddit, text a bit, and I'm down to below 50%. By the time I've had my last 15 minute break and it's time to go home for the day I'm either sitting around 28% or less. Sometimes it's effectively dead (less than 14% left) by the time I get home.

Sure, it could be my battery, but it's done this since I've set the phone up with your standard array of social media apps, a few email accounts, and news apps. All have been configured to sync less often, and I don't leave my GPS or Bluetooth on when I'm not using them to save more battery life. When I first got the phone before I set anything up, I easily got a full day out of it, so clearly these manufacturers like to test their phones with no aftermarket apps installed and make battery claims based on this. :( 

With my LeEco Le Pro 3, I could probably approach the 3 day mark if I wasn't using the hotspot mode a lot. I don't even charge past 80% most of the time anymore (unless needed) so as to extend the lifespan of the battery.

Though as I lack home Internet, my phone is the primary form of my internet access, so it gets a lot of use.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

36 minutes ago, wcreek said:

iPhone 7s but instead they've revived their design language of 2009-2012 or something like that.

I have a Galaxy S8+ and love it, but if the headphone jack goes bye bye by 2019 and my S8+ ages like my S6 did then I will probably get an iPhone. I hope my S8+ ages a little better than the S6 but I suppose time will tell.

god damn am i feeling that. im still on my s6 and boy do i need an upgrade. but unfortunately all the phones that just came out are super disappointing and whats the point of getting a new phone if im still gonna be buying an older one

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

From what I've seen (and in my opinion) it would appear the best hardware feature on the iPhone 8 is the new SoC, which is the same one they are putting in the iPhone X, so if they are counting on more X sales, then they are probably trying to move more of the A11 chips into that part of the assembly so they can increase it's production. (Although my understanding is that they also have a couple of other production line issues on the X models that they are working out.)

2 minutes ago, SlipperyPete said:

god damn am i feeling that. im still on my s6 and boy do i need an upgrade. but unfortunately all the phones that just came out are super disappointing and whats the point of getting a new phone if im still gonna be buying an older one

It's nice to hear that I'm not the only one that felt that the S6 aged poorly.

8 minutes ago, wcreek said:

It's nice to hear that I'm not the only one that felt that the S6 aged poorly.

i loved the phone at first but the performance dropped off hard, the body was easy to damage. the software got SO SLOW. i had to redo my finger prints many tiems to keep the reader fast-ish, had to reset the phone to prevent it being too slow. 

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

59 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I see this way too often. At this point what do people expect in phones? What feature is missing that is making them uninovated? There is nothing that I look at my phone and say....ah....only if it did this. My S8+ gets everything I need done is no time.

Innovation for phones has stopped. Thats not a bad thing. Now its fine improvments, such as S835 improving battery by a shit ton while running cooler without increasing battery size, bezels getting small without losing features, addition security options like iris scanning while including FP scanning for optional security. There is only so much a device the size of your hand can do. Yet people like you expect so much from upcoming phones.

1 minute ago, mynameisjuan said:

I see this way too often. At this point what do people expect in phones? What feature is missing that is making them uninovated? There is nothing that I look at my phone and say....ah....only if it did this. My S8+ gets everything I need done is no time.

Innovation for phones has stopped. Thats not a bad thing. Now its fine improvments, such as S835 improving battery by a shit ton while running cooler without increasing battery size, bezels getting small without losing features, addition security options like iris scanning while including FP scanning for optional security. There is only so much a device the size of your hand can do. Yet people like you expect so much from upcoming phones.

Haha true and I am guilty of being in that category :P.

I would love for my next phone to have a headphone jack, nfc, ip68 or greater water resistants, and near bezeless screen lol. Also battery that lasts days. None if this would happen without incremental changes. I don't care about face I'd type security. It's not going to at a completely secure point for at least another year or so. Finger print ID I love however there are ways to get around it.

(Just reminded me I should encrypt my phone :P)

Ah well consumers will be consumers so we just gotta roll with it for now eh!

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

10 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

And who the fuck said I expected anything from phones?

I don't care at all about what the phones came with this year, in fact, I had no reason to expect much. but when people feel that phones are going down a bad path, especially with quality concerns, then that's an issue.

5 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

And who the fuck said I expected anything from phones?

Ummm...

1 hour ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

That statement alone literally means you were expecting something. People are saying phones are going down hill because of my comment your literally just quoted. They are a bunch of fuck tards that think every generation of phones are going to be a huge leap in technology with a constant flow of new features. 

2 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

They are a bunch of fuck tards that think every generation of phones are going to be a huge leap in technology with a constant flow of new features. 

The smartphone is a lot like Intel of the past years. Heaps of incrementalism, lacking in that "wow" factor.

Personally I think we have hit a peak where I don't think we need a new flagship every single year.

39 minutes ago, wcreek said:

Personally I think we have hit a peak where I don't think we need a new flagship every single year.

I actually agree on this. Now that some phones are hitting the $1,000 price point, the next iterations with newer and better upgrades will only cost even more.

Just now, Dissitesuxba11s said:

I actually agree on this. Now that some phones are hitting the $1,000 price point, the next iterations with newer and better upgrades will only cost even more.

Most people generally upgrade right around the 24 month mark, some people go earlier some people go later, but I think even those who want to be at the bleeding edge will get used to waiting 24 months for the next phones.

13 minutes ago, wcreek said:

Most people generally upgrade right around the 24 month mark, some people go earlier some people go later, but I think even those who want to be at the bleeding edge will get used to waiting 24 months for the next phones.

I for one lasted 5 years with the Note 1 and only upgraded to the Note5 when the 1 started randomly dying on me. 

If cellphone manufacturers release phones at 2 year intervals, it would most likely lead to better products, and it would give them more time to get feedback on the kinks of the previous generation.

2 hours ago, wcreek said:

The S6 seems to be pretty good. I have one and it's snappier than my 6 Plus, but the battery life isn't very good (I think part of the reason my brother upgraded to an S7).

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

1 hour ago, mynameisjuan said:

Ummm...

That statement alone literally means you were expecting something. People are saying phones are going down hill because of my comment your literally just quoted. They are a bunch of fuck tards that think every generation of phones are going to be a huge leap in technology with a constant flow of new features. 

Really don't appreciate when people throw words in my mouth.

Dealt with this before, not going to bother again.