Automatically change resolution?

Valley_

Like many, I like to play CS:GO in 4:3 aspect ratio, but I am also very picky about making sure Fullscreen Windowed is enabled too and the only way I have been able to achieve that is to set both my monitors to 1280x1024 in the Nvidia Control Panel. 

But of course then I have the issue of just normal usage of my computer, I don't want to be using 1280x1024 while just normally using my PC. I'd like my normal 1920x1080.

So I was wondering if there is a way of having Nvidia Control Panel to automatically set both my monitors to 1280x1024 when running CS:GO but then automatically change back to 1920x1080 when not running CS:GO.

I am a weird person, ok?

Can you change the resolution in CS:GO to 1280x1024 and have it run windowed in that resolution while keeping your monitors at 1920x1080?

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Can you change the resolution in CS:GO to 1280x1024 and have it run windowed in that resolution while keeping your monitors at 1920x1080?

It's not stretched then, unfortunately...

And yes sorry I didn't mention that when I say 4:3, I mean 4:3 stretched view

Just now, M.Yurizaki said:

What you're asking is the equivalent of say "When I go to Firefox, I want my screen resolution to be 1080p but when I go to Notepad I want it to be 1280x1024" It doesn't really make sense.

You're just going to have to use exclusive fullscreen.

RIP