New laptop buying questions

TheCanadianGamer16

I ready bought it, its pretty good

nice nice. my suggest upgrades would be 8gb+ of ram and a ssd and possibly a intel Wifi card if it doesnt have one or possibly a better AC one.

nice nice. my suggest upgrades would be 8gb+ of ram and a ssd and possibly a intel Wifi card if it doesnt have one or possibly a better AC one.

well, for now 6gb is enough, an ssd is planned, and it has Wifi I have no reason to change it

My System

CPU - 3570K@4.4Ghz | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100 in pull | Motherboard - ASUS P8Z77-V PRO | RAM - G.Skill RipJawX Blue 8GB 2133Mhz | GPU - Gigabyte Windforce X3 HD7970 | SSD - Patriot Pyro SE 120GB | HDD Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU - Corsair TX850V2 | Case - Bitfenix Shinobi XL 

well, for now 6gb is enough, an ssd is planned, and it has Wifi I have no reason to change it

6gb isnt going to allow dual channel to work properly which is why I suggested the upgrade. As for the wifi it may have it but there is a definit difference in the quality of wifi cards.

6gb isnt going to allow dual channel to work properly which is why I suggested the upgrade. As for the wifi it may have it but there is a definit difference in the quality of wifi cards.

well, to make it 8 gb, im going have to go out and buy 2x4GB sticks since the ram that came with it is impossible to find on the internet other than ebay

My System

CPU - 3570K@4.4Ghz | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100 in pull | Motherboard - ASUS P8Z77-V PRO | RAM - G.Skill RipJawX Blue 8GB 2133Mhz | GPU - Gigabyte Windforce X3 HD7970 | SSD - Patriot Pyro SE 120GB | HDD Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU - Corsair TX850V2 | Case - Bitfenix Shinobi XL 

As stated previously RAM can be upgraded. So waiting a little while to upgrade the RAM is a smart option when buying laptops on a budget, rather than making compromises in regard to hardware that cannot be upgraded, like chipset, cpu and gpu. It should be noted however that some laptops have an m.2 port or a similar expansion slot on the inside of the laptop where a WiFi component is connected. In this case the WiFi is not a part of the chipset and can therefore be upgraded.

Edited by ThorBuildingLegos

Thoroughness rating
#########

As stated previously RAM can be upgraded. So waiting a little while to upgrade the RAM is a smart option when buying laptops on a budget, rather than making comprises in regard to hardware that cannot be upgraded, like chipset, cpu and gpu. It should be noted however that some laptops have an m.2 port or a similar expansion slot on the inside of the laptop where a WiFi component is connected. In this case the WiFi is not a part of the chipset and can therefore be upgraded.

the laptop has a unibody bottom, other than the Ram access panel, I'm not going to take it apart just yet... Lol

My System

the laptop has a unibody bottom, other than the Ram access panel, I'm not going to take it apart just yet... Lol

Itll should all be under the keyboard so easy peasy.