WCCF Tech Automatic PC Part List Maker

The Benjamins

WCCF Tech has release a tool which will part out a system for you, it gives you a few options to tune what you are looking for then it will give you a parts list with Amazon and Newegg prices with buy now buttons.

The advanced options is Overclocking and RGB check boxes.

So Far this seem to be fairly decent of a auto configurator.

UPDATE: The advance options seem to make it get stuck for me.

UPDATE 2: It seems that it picks GPU's from a list for a price category, I only see 560, 1060 3GB, 580, Vega56, 1080, 1080 ti being listed 

http://wccftech.com/build-my-pc/

chrome_2017-10-19_10-10-30.png

Here is a list of the 1200 build.  

Spoiler

chrome_2017-10-19_10-14-17.png

chrome_2017-10-19_10-14-57.png

Notes

The gaming build logic is based on a 4K60 target philosophy.

Advanced options (Overclocking and RGB) are only available on builds higher than $1000.

By using this tool you agree to the fact that 1) the build is provided on an “As Is” basis as a suggestion and 2) we cannot guarantee that the tool is free from all errors and omissions and therefore 3) Wccftech and related parties are not in any way responsible for any liability or damage resulting from the use or misuse of this tool.

The prices displayed are subject to change without any notice. Although we regularly update prices from Amazon and Newegg, they may change them anytime.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

this is cool! kinda makes getting into your first build less daunting!

i wish it had a UK version so i could buy the parts!

Hmm, I tried at like $600 and $750, and for some reason they both get an RX 580, it's just a more expensive one in the $750 build.

Then I compared $900 and $1000, and the cheaper build had a Ryzen 5 1600 while the more expensive one went with a Core i3-7100. Sure, it makes room for a better GPU, but still...

1 minute ago, Sakkura said:

Hmm, I tried at like $600 and $750, and for some reason they both get an RX 580, it's just a more expensive one in the $750 build.

Then I compared $900 and $1000, and the cheaper build had a Ryzen 5 1600 while the more expensive one went with a Core i3-7100. Sure, it makes room for a better GPU, but still...

It seems to look for specific product families with in price tiers as in if it has 200 for CPU look pick the 1600, or 300 for gpu pick 580. I updated and listed all the GPU's it recommends (that I got at most price points)

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

1 minute ago, Sakkura said:

that's true to most reccomendations though, i find myself recommending higher end gpus as they impact performance more

It's surprisingly not bad. A 1000 USD build with AMD CPU and Nvidia GPU came really close to what I had lined up for my friend (system cost of about 920 with another 150 for monitor).

10/10 IGN WCCFTech didn't fakenews something.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

It looks decent, but I'd still rather do human-made lists

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

2 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

It looks decent, but I'd still rather do human-made lists

Good starting points at least but I agree.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

2 hours ago, ImNotThere said:

that's true to most reccomendations though, i find myself recommending higher end gpus as they impact performance more

If your budget is higher, you generally shouldn't be getting a weaker CPU that results in more bottlenecking and less potential for a viable GPU upgrade later on.

Going to give this a meh myself...  Tried input for a $1500 workstation and it immediately went to 32 GB of RGB RAM.  Also went with a locked 8700 processor which with Intel's current board offerings don't make any sense and a 550W Supernova PSU.  Do wonder if they are using a WCCF database of benchmarks for choosing parts (including all the 'leaked' results).

just tried  it .... 1000 dollar gaming pc... with whatever CPU/GPU it chooses.... and the result.... i3 7100.... vega 56..... really? i3? rofl .... 

Intel Core i7 7800x @ 5.0 Ghz with 1.305 volts (really good chip), Mesh OC @ 3.3 Ghz, Fractal Design Celsius S36, Asrock X299 Killer SLI/ac, 16 GB Adata XPG Z1 OCed to  3600 Mhz , Aorus  RX 580 XTR 8G, Samsung 950 evo, Win 10 Home - loving it :D

Had a Ryzen before ... but  a bad bios flash killed it :(

MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G - i7 6820HK, 980m SLI, Gsync, 1080p, 16 GB RAM, 2x128 GB SSD + 1TB HDD, Win 10 home

this dosent include a case! fuck yes! more people then me have realised what a pointless thing they are to blow your money on! cardboard box masterrace!

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

GAMINGCLICHE: Core i5 6500 - Gigabyte H170N-WiFi - Deepcool Gabriel - 16GB HyperX Fury - Asus Strix GTX 1070 OC - NZXT Manta

ORANGEJULIUS-720p: Core i3-3230 - Noctua 9UB-SE2 - Gigabyte B75N-itx - 8gb GSkill Ares - GTX 650Ti - Bitfenix Prodigy (RETIRED)

I just made a pc with it,  I put in all the relevant information and it told me my PC was rumored to have a GTX1070 and inside sources suggested a Ryzen CPU might be powering it.    So far the parts list was titled "Worlds best PC for under $700 for moderate gaming and light office" work.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

The fact it pairs 2400mhz ram with threadtripper is funny. 

Do you even fanboy bro?

1000 dollar, any cpu any gpu, gives a i3 7100 and a vega 56, 8gb of RAM

900 dollar, any cpu any gpu, gives a r5 1500x and a rx580, 16gb of RAM

This is not a very well designed tool, at least need more tuning for part selection.