MASSDROP AKG K7XX

Brama
Go to solution Solved by Spuriae,

They're constantly available; the drop refreshes every day and they fulfill orders immediately. When HD6XX's are available those are the best $200 headphones.

I'm surprised there isnt a thread about this. Perhaps there is and I just didnt look hard enough. I only scanned the first page tbh. If there is I apologize. But MASSDROP is currently selling the AKG K7 XX's for $200 for the next 24 hours.

If I'm not mistaken these are the best headphones you can buy for $200 right?

They're constantly available; the drop refreshes every day and they fulfill orders immediately. When HD6XX's are available those are the best $200 headphones.

I also recommend looking for the 6xx when they become available... however I couldn't wait and got the straight up 650's off amazon and have since put in hundreds of hours listening to them. Well worth it! I'm sure the AKG's are fairly similar with a bit of a less exteneded low end. You may also want to look in to the schiit products to get a little extra 'oomph' out of your new headphones.

10 hours ago, NinJake said:

I also recommend looking for the 6xx when they become available... however I couldn't wait and got the straight up 650's off amazon and have since put in hundreds of hours listening to them. Well worth it! I'm sure the AKG's are fairly similar with a bit of a less exteneded low end. You may also want to look in to the schiit products to get a little extra 'oomph' out of your new headphones.

So the HD6XX's defintely do appear to be the best, but on some reviews I read the sound stage isn't the quite the best. I pretty much only care for about gaming for my headphones. I'll listen to music, watch movies and such as well. But the true purpose for me is gaming. I want a headphones that have really good open sound stage with good separation and imaging

i wish that they were in my budget... :$

Case: NZXT H440 CPU: i7 6700K @ 4.0 Cooler: Antec Kuhler H2O 920 Graphics Card: Zotac Mini GTX1070 Ti Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170 K3 RAM: Kingstone Fury 2x8GB Storage: Crucial P1 SSD, Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5, Hitachi - Deskstar 500 3.5" PSU: Corsair Enthusiast 550W 80+ Mouse: Logitech G403 OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit  Audio: ATH-AD500X