Humming noise from fans

Monken94

Hello! I have an Ncase M1 V5 equipped with two noctua NF-A12x15 as bottom fan intake. Around and over ca.1000 RPM they begin to make a humming noise/resonate noise that noly get worse when the speed up. Tested them outside the cabinet, no noise at all at full speed. Even used the following vibration mounts, but still humming. Any idea what i can be? mabye i need to use NF-F12 instead? A shame when it comes to the cost of these fans...

Ryzen 1600X cooled by NH-L12

Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming wifi

Vega 56 stock reference cooler

Thanks

42 minutes ago, Monken94 said:

Hello! I have an Ncase M1 V5 equipped with two noctua NF-A12x15 as bottom fan intake. Around and over ca.1000 RPM they begin to make a humming noise/resonate noise that noly get worse when the speed up. Tested them outside the cabinet, no noise at all at full speed. Even used the following vibration mounts, but still humming. Any idea what i can be? mabye i need to use NF-F12 instead? A shame when it comes to the cost of these fans...

Ryzen 1600X cooled by NH-L12

Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming wifi

Vega 56 stock reference cooler

Thanks

Not to be captain obvious here ;-)  but make sure everything is screwed in tightly and that everything is secure so that any loose parts do not rattle sometimes a second look reveals something you missed. Do the fans make anything they touch outside the case like a table, for example, rattle? If so there is a problem with the fans. Also, are you completely sure the problem is in the case fans? not in the graphics card, PSU,  fan? do you have a liquid cooler on your cpu?

Everything is thight and secured, i know it is the bottom fans because when i stop them with my hands everything is nice and quiet, both must be stopped to make it quiet. Only aircooler in this case. I may be the fans as you suggest, but strange it is both of them.

22 hours ago, Monken94 said:

Everything is thight and secured, i know it is the bottom fans because when i stop them with my hands everything is nice and quiet, both must be stopped to make it quiet. Only aircooler in this case. I may be the fans as you suggest, but strange it is both of them.

Does case have removable dust filters? Those could be ones moving a bit and causing it. Also, if you have spare fans and same thing happens with those, its issue with case rather than fans.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Does case have removable dust filters? Those could be ones moving a bit and causing it. Also, if you have spare fans and same thing happens with those, its issue with case rather than fans.

unfortunately i just had a big "spring clean" and gave away all the extra stuff i didnt need anymore to people that needed them, including several fans :P I think the PC is getting enough air at low RPM so i'll live with it. For people doing the same build: DO NOT GO FOR NF-a12x15 in this case, use a NF-F instead. I have done some digging and im not the only one with this problem with those fans in this case- can be that both is a bad combo. Turbulence, bad flow, i dunno. Works fine outside the case.

But thanks for you time all!