EA Shuts down Visceral Games

ItsMitch

Today is a very sad day for Dead Space fans as there is no hope of an upcoming sequel anymore, and BFH fans as today EA has shut down Visceral Games, I'm pretty sad about this as Hardline was fairly fun to play and it did go well for a while until they stopped. Wonder what game they'll get microtransactions to hell now, and no I'm not forgetting what they have done to Battlefront 2. 

EA is shutting down Visceral Games, the studio behind games like Battlefield Hardline and Dead Space, the publisher said today. The Star Wars game in development at Visceral will be revamped and move to a different studio, EA says, although it will now be something completely different. - Kotaku

Electronic Arts have announced that it is closing the doors of Visceral Games, the studio best known for the Dead Space series. The developer had been working on a new Star Wars game, which will now shift directions and move to a different EA team. - Gamespot

Source: https://kotaku.com/ea-shuts-down-visceral-games-1819623990/amp  | https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-shuts-down-visceral-shifting-development-on-its/1100-6454142/

Anyone's thoughts? 

F

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

i highly doubt that means there will never be another dead space game it will most likely be made by whoever decides to pick it up 

if theres money to be made another one will come out one day 

My Personal Computer

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz (OC 3.8) 6-Core Processor

Cpu cooler DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 240EX WHITE 
Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ARCTIC ATX AM4 Motherboard 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz RAM 8x3

Storage: SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 256GB SATA III

Storage:SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 500GB SATA III
Video Card: RTX 2060
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: EVGA 550 B3 550W

Peripherals

Monitor: Acer XF240H 24" TN Free-Sync ,144 Hz 

Keyboard: Corsair k95 RGB platinum

Mouse: Razer basilisk

Headset: Hyperx cloud alpha pro

8 minutes ago, SC2Mitch said:

Wonder what game they'll get microtransactions to hell now, and no I'm not forgetting what they have done to Battlefront 2. 

That new Star Wars game that they are moving to a different studio???  I'm beginning to loathe the current state of the gaming industry (especially the large companies).  

EA its not in the game since we want to sell DLC

Anyway as usual EA devours all, frankly every title they get their hands on that I used to like becomes absolute trash so it's probably better if they don't make any sequels

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

wasnt visceral the ones who fixed bf4 ?

EA loves to pump and Dump, the best battlefield game ever, bf2 was made by a bunch of people that mad a mod of bf1942 ea bought them, and right before launch (or right after cant remember) they fired everyone, 

9 minutes ago, MyName13 said:

Why?

Cause that's how EA operates.

They acquire a company/studio/small group, they force that company to make one or more games that they did before, but before doing that make certain changes to the game that almost changes the game entirely, then the old fans don't really like this new direction so they don't buy it and then EA decides to close the studio cause it's not profitable anymore.

EA has been doing this for ages and will continue to do so.

Seems like we need a Netflix-like company to go in and fix the industry. This isn't just EA. There are plenty of these stories.

They don't want to take any risks, so they get some suits to make critical decisions that don't benefit the product or the end-user. It kills the creative process completely. After that they scratch their heads wondering what went wrong.

14 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

Seems like we need a Netflix-like company to go in and fix the industry. This isn't just EA. There are plenty of these stories.

They don't want to take any risks, so they get some suits to make critical decisions that don't benefit the product or the end-user. It kills the creative process completely. After that they scratch their heads wondering what went wrong.

I'm sure Activision is one of them, fortunately it seems like Blizzard isn't going anywhere at least and OW is actually a decent game, and they've kept World of Warcraft in a decent state.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Really sad to hear this. I've put countless hoius on LoTR: RoTK. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

riperonni

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

asdf.thumb.jpg.048e164ad36d880d0efea73354ea71eb.jpg

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

EA murders everything is acquires.

I'm still amazed that Activision somehow has such a better reputation, but at this point it is earned. Activision wants to give you too many copies of the games you love; EA wants to bleed a franchise dry before they ever get a sequel out.

Rumor says that after EA is the one that kind of kills crysis series. 

starting from 2. 

I think that's how they operate their business. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

Just now, mrchow19910319 said:

Rumor says that after EA is the one that kind of kills crysis series. 

starting from 2. 

I think that's how they operate their business. 

Crysis was great, Wearhead was great, 2 was a hand holdy corridor game by comparison.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

I'm calling 2-3 years at maximum and bioware is next. 

#savethedate

EA, won't be getting another dime from me.

I am done with Battlefield because of this, and because of where they are obviously going with the microtransactions. Which disappoints me because Battlefield 1 has given me some amazing memories.

F**K EA.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

5 hours ago, MyName13 said:

Why?

Have you played Battlefield: Hardline?

4 hours ago, SC2Mitch said:

EA kill list: pic snip

credits go to twitter 

I remember old Westwood Studios and Maxis. RIP

8 hours ago, cj09beira said:

wasnt visceral the ones who fixed bf4 ?

EA loves to pump and Dump, the best battlefield game ever, bf2 was made by a bunch of people that mad a mod of bf1942 ea bought them, and right before launch (or right after cant remember) they fired everyone, 

Nah Dice LA Fixed BF4

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

6 hours ago, SC2Mitch said:

EA kill list: DMXQYSZX0AAQHZM.jpg

credits go to twitter 

According to slightly Mad Studios EA tried to kill them too, they asked for a third NFS game then after the design phase pulled the plug and withdrew all funds leaving the studio with a game in early development and no cash at all. A few days later EA offered to buy the studio out and assimilate them into the existing NFS team however SMS said no and the guy behind it all went and remortgaged his house.

The game EA left them with turned into Project Cars and the rest they say, is history.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)