gps tracking

nbari

hello everybody..

i live in the countryside and was looking for something to track my dogs, i have 5, because, many times i wake up in the morning and they are not around,,which is worrying sometimes.

what i am looking for is to track them all at once,.. just open a browser/app and see where is everyone of them.

any help is welcome..

Check out adafruit's selection of GPS modules for arduino. They have some really small ones, or you could get a Tile (bluetooth tracker). 

ASU

thanks for the input,, much appreciated.

There's probably cheaper solutions for this.  I even remember Linus doing a video with something... let me search for it.

Here:

These use bluetooth and apparently they work at up to 100 feet (30 meters?)

Otherwise there are already such things made. 

See Tractive GPS but it costs 50 euro for each gps : https://tractive.com/en/gps/

Or see Whistle 3 but it costs 15$ a month and requires wireless : https://shop.whistle.com/products/whistle-3-gps-pet-tracker-activity-monitor-subscription?_ga=2.23640632.305281641.1508251522-1850492732.1508251522

Yeah, you could do something with a $10 arduino and a 15$+ gps module and then another 7$ for some wifi transmitter and you could do something that would send the location of your dog every 5 minutes or so to your server through wireless. But by the time you add up all of these individual parts and having to program them and having to put them in a nice box with batteries for your dog to carry on the collar, maybe you're better off with a commercial solution.