how would you calculate cooler value?

Bananasplit_00

basically the title, how would you go about getting a number out of the performance and the price that could be compared?

say cooler one costs €50 and puts the CPU at 80C

and cooler two costs €60 and puts the CPU at 65C

how would you go about compareing the two? temp times cost? degrees under 100C per euro? im haveing a hard time comming up with an easy number to just compare for this.

thanks for any help and any replis :D 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

basically the title, how would you go about getting a number out of the performance and the price that could be compared?

say cooler one costs €50 and puts the CPU at 80C

and cooler two costs €60 and puts the CPU at 65C

how would you go about compareing the two? temp times cost? degrees under 100C per euro? im haveing a hard time comming up with an easy number to just compare for this.

thanks for any help and any replis :D 

You can place any object in these 2 categories. Value and Aesthetics. This is not limited to just CPU coolers.

How much performance are you getting for your money and how do you like it. Google up CPU Cooler benchmarks and you'll find a list of performance for each CPU and if it doesn't list the $ amount you can look it up.

Cant work. different binned chips have different temps. Different airflow in the case and different air tempo has different temps. Look at the cooler heat dissaspiation value. 

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

(ΔT)/€

Delta temperature compared to the stock cooler per unit of currency. 

Aesthetics is subjective

:)

Just now, phongle123 said:

You can place any object in these 2 categories. Value and Aesthetics. This is not limited to just CPU coolers.

How much performance are you getting for your money and how do you like it. Google up CPU Cooler benchmarks and you'll find a list of performance for each CPU and if it doesn't list the $ amount you can look it up.

i have the price and performance numbers i need, i just need a good way to take those two numbers and do some maths with them and get out a sort of "Value" number, how much cooling you get for your money. this is just raw cooling performance and price, nothing else matters.

Just now, DeezNoNos said:

Cant work. different binned chips have different temps. Different airflow in the case and different air tempo has different temps. Look at the cooler heat dissaspiation value. 

i literally have all the in data i need here, loads and loads of it, i just need some maths for it

1 minute ago, seon123 said:

(ΔT)/€

Delta temperature compared to the stock cooler per unit of currency. 

Aesthetics is subjective

now that might work exept i dont really have any "stock cooler" to compare to seeing as the chip used in the testing is an X99 I7 lol

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

ugh maths. I think i need sleep now. :////////////

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

now that might work exept i dont really have any "stock cooler" to compare to seeing as the chip used in the testing is an X99 I7 lol

You could use a cooler as a reference point, and compare everything to that

:)

Just now, seon123 said:

You could use a cooler as a reference point, and compare everything to that

yah i might end up doing that, or haveing a refrence of a cooler that just puts out a 100C load temp which is where throttling would start. and just use something like (100-ΔT)/€ which would get me degrees bellow throttling per euro, that might work out decently

Builds:

Spoiler

Just now, phongle123 said:

Can I put up this reference point. This is 3 hours of Middle Earth: Shadows of War!

q7JkRef.jpg

compleatly pointless because its not the same testsystem, in compleatly diffrent conditions and the chance of it being the same CPU even are minimal

Builds:

Spoiler

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

compleatly pointless because its not the same testsystem, in compleatly diffrent conditions and the chance of it being the same CPU even are minimal

I just wanted to post this haha

Do you really need such exact numbers? I usually compare existing benchmarks made by reviewers between cooler. Using load and OC load temp, compared to noise levels and then price. As temp difference between €80 and €60 coolers is 5-7C only, I wouldn't use only temp as "performance" number.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Do you really need such exact numbers? I usually compare existing benchmarks made by reviewers between cooler. Using load and OC load temp, compared to noise levels and then price. As temp difference between €80 and €60 coolers is 5-7C only, I wouldn't use only temp as "performance" number.

yes, i need an exact number for what im doing that i can compare. went with degrees celcius under Tmax per USD in the end, gives a pretty decently comparable number. its not perfect because of how complicated it is but it works and im mostly done with this anyway now so i cant bother to change it

Builds:

Spoiler