I love my Job

JCBiggs

Meanwhile in Kenya...

There is a little boy who says he wants a quadro...

for breakfast. He hasn’t eaten in a while.

——————————

On a more serious note, what is you job?

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

What do you do for work? xD

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

This should up my nightly ehereum score quite a bit :D:D

its just an ol' p4000, but i tell you... coming from the place i worked before...its like living in the bank vault.  I get to build 2 more workstations next year.  now that they have seen how well mine did (for 1500 less than any comparable system from any vendor)

2 minutes ago, IKnight said:

What do you do for work? xD

Tooling engineer.  I actually needed a more powerful card, and my co worker needed my m2000 as his current card is seriously outdated and underpowered.  hiss pc wont push anything bigger  powerwise though...still its a win win.   

I mean, i do know that this card is cool and all, but come on, am i the only one who thinks it looks (If it ain't) basically a plastic brick? I mean, where are the designers when you need them?

Just now, BDev said:

I mean, i do know that this card is cool and all, but come on, am i the only one who thinks it looks (If it ain't) basically a plastic brick? I mean, where are the designers when you need them?

who cares... I can now play flight sim in 4k after work 

:D

remotely 

Just now, JCBiggs said:

who cares... I can now play flight sim in 4k after work 

:D

remotely 

Well i do. Actually many people do. Why would i care about playing any game on 4K, when my case looks like the inside of a trash can? I can already imagine that brick on a dark completely closed full black case all messy with dozens of cables and a giant CPU cooler. Nightmare fuel :o

Just now, BDev said:

Well i do. Actually many people do. Why would i care about playing any game on 4K, when my case looks like the inside of a trash can? I can already imagine that brick on a dark completely closed full black case all messy with dozens of cables and a giant CPU cooler. Nightmare fuel :o

Form before function my friend.  The real deal is that I needed more power for my job. I dont care what it looks like honestly.  my case has a clear case for 1 reason.  so i can see the numbers on the motherboard. other than that. I could care less. 

16 minutes ago, BDev said:

Designers don't matter with the target market. They need the card to render. Intended userbase isn't even looking at the card. In my experience, all the CAD users I support know that the "CPU" is the tower. They've never even seen the internals of their workstations.

CPU: Core i7 4970K | MOBO: Asus Z87 Pro | RAM: 32GBs of G.Skill Ares 1866 | GPU: MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 | STOR: 2 X Crucial BX100 250GB, 2 x WD Blk 1TB (mirror),WD Blk 500GB | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced | PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA G2 750W | COOL: Cooler Master Hyper T4 | DISP: 21" 1080P POS | KB: MS Keyboard | MAU5: Redragon NEMEANLION | MIC: Snowball Blue | OS: Win 8.1 Pro x64, (Working on Arch for dual boot) |

Big woop. I needed a truck with an 8ft. bed and extended cab for work. I got an overkill diesel RAM that gets nearly twice the fuel mileage as my Dakota or my boss' truck. Unfortunately, it gets 0 miles to the gallon of gas.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

27 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Big woop. I needed a truck with an 8ft. bed and extended cab for work. I got an overkill diesel RAM that gets nearly twice the fuel mileage as my Dakota or my boss' truck. Unfortunately, it gets 0 miles to the gallon of gas.

Well i mean, if you want to go that route, I have a $180,000 double column machining center due delivery q2.    :D   

yes...youre right. its an 800 dollar card.. but still.. most engineers cant get a new mouse and keyboard.  its nice working in a place that will spend money.

55 minutes ago, BDev said:

hey I think it actually looks pretty good in there!  Much better than the m2000 did with the green PCB.  I promise though, Ill get rid of those rinky dink factory cables in the morning LOL.  The m2000 didnt need aux power so I had to use what was in the box till i unpack all my cables from the build in the morning. 

WIN_20171016_17_55_35_Pro.jpg

WIN_20171016_17_55_46_Pro.jpg

and just a quick test before we go home.. I really still need to replace this motheboard so I can overclock.  Ive had tons of trouble with it.  Now cant get HyperV to work at all.   but still... not to bad I guess.

UserBenchmarks: Game 93%, Desk 110%, Work 98%
CPU: Intel Core i7-6850K - 97.4%
GPU: Nvidia Quadro P4000 - 89.8%
SSD: Samsung 950 NVMe PCIe M.2 512GB - 211.9%
RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR4 3333 C16 4x8GB - 114.6%
MBD: Asus X99-DELUXE II

Meanwhile at my job:

me: *specifies 5/8" nut on drawing*

drawing reviewer: "you need to use jam nut there instead"

me: O.o MFW I see one 5/8" jam nut is $60 vs the $3 regular nut.

My office machine uses Quadro K4000 and needs an upgrade desperately. Actually, my whole machine needs an upgrade, we're still using 3570s. 

<- Design engineer

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

24 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

My office machine uses Quadro K4000 and needs an upgrade desperately. Actually, my whole machine needs an upgrade, we're still using 3570s. 

<- Design engineer

We're still rocking i3-3220s, integrated graphics, and a cool 4gb of RAM. Runs AutoCAD and Inventor like a dream as you would expect.

1 minute ago, TopDollar said:

We're still rocking i3-3220s, integrated graphics, and a cool 4gb of RAM. Runs AutoCAD and Inventor like a dream as you would expect.

I retract my previous post, YOU desperately need an upgrade!

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

5 minutes ago, TopDollar said:

Can't even believe that works lol

Just now, Real_PhillBert said:

I retract my previous post, YOU desperately need an upgrade!

We did just get an upgrade...They upgraded AutoCAD 2010 to AutoCAD 2016.

We've been hearing about getting upgraded computers for a couple years now. Although just an idea on how quick our IT requests are fulfilled: it took 6 months to get Adobe Acrobat installed on my computer.