Looking for a switch for my apartment

sorenslothe

I'm looking for a switch for my apartment. Currently I'm using the standard router my ISP provides, and that's working fine (if anyone has a suggestion I'm open to it though. It's mostly used for gaming), except the fact that there are only two ports on it. I have my PC and Philips Hue bridge connected to it right now, but in the future I'm looking into a NAS, possibly a second PC I have lying around, and a Raspberry Pi. In the interest of future proofing I think I'm looking at 6 or 8 ports, but I know literally nothing about this (or routers, hence suggestions welcome). I'm flexible on budget, and at a quick glance I'll be able to get a lot for less than $100 (please do note that I'm not in the US though, so stuff is probably about 20 % more expensive). I hope some of you fine folk are able to help me out :-)

100 dollars? you will be ripped of for sure then!
unless you need specific vlans etc you don't need a managed switch.
probably an 8 port is good enough for your set up and you don't need PoE (Power over Ethernet) either.
So you can just look for any plain 8 port gigabit switch. Probably shouldn't be more then 40 dollars (that's a price in euro's i found converted to dollars) and should be able to get way cheaper if you search a bit more!