My uncle needs a new/upgraded gaming computer

Just now, seon123 said:

Old? That thing was reviewed on Jonnyguru in November of last year, that's just 1 year ago. 

Oops, saw the old school Vengeance branding and jumped to conclusions

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

2 hours ago, Crossi said:

I've tried to curate a build from your suggestions and suggestions made in a Skype group with a couple of friends.

This is the current state (https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/2ybsd6):

AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor                                                           198,95€

Asus - PRIME B350-PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard                                                         81,99€

Crucial - 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory                                                                 64,99€

Crucial - MX300 525GB 2.5" Solid State Drive                                                             146,40€

Palit - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB Dual Video Card                                                  277,80€

Corsair - Vengeance 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply     64,99€

Samsung - SH-222AB DVD/CD Writer                                                                       2x 14,95€

A suggestion that I already got said that I should go for a fast RAM (atleast 2666, better would be 2800 or 3000), which would mean I also need another motherboard. Do you all agree? Do you have different suggestions?

Everything looks good but maybe the RAM. 

Unless the price difference is more than 15 euros (which in that case isn't worth it for faster RAM), I'd try to get 2400MHz RAM as they generally cost the same as 2133MHz RAM and Ryzen really does love higher memory frequencies (and lower timings) so try to get some 2400MHz+ RAM? :D (but as stated before, if its considerably more then don't bother as although there is a somewhat significant increase in performance, its just not worth the extra amount). 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

19 hours ago, Damascus said:

Actually I'm typing this on a core i7 860, it's a legit nice chip for the money (got it and an insane mobo for 140 CAD)  Runs Pubg no issues when paired with my 290x

No doubt first gen core ix chips are still generally quite capable however its still quite old and the performance (on an i5 750) isn't ideal. To put this into perspective, a 2500 is about 25% faster while something newer like a 7500 is 50%+ faster. Yes it will run games fine but with performance similar to an FX 4350, its going to bottleneck a 1060 considerably. Plus upgrading allows OP's uncle to gain newer features like USB 3.0 and Sata 3 (and heck, even USB type-C so 10Gbps USB 3.1G2) which is always nice. 

2 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Everything looks good but maybe the RAM. 

Unless the price difference is more than 15 euros (which in that case isn't worth it for faster RAM), I'd try to get 2400MHz RAM as they generally cost the same as 2133MHz RAM and Ryzen really does love higher memory frequencies (and lower timings) so try to get some 2400MHz+ RAM? :D (but as stated before, if its considerably more then don't bother as although there is a somewhat significant increase in performance, its just not worth the extra amount). 

I could get 2400MHz RAM for 68,89€ or 2666MHz RAM for 86,31€. There is also 3200MHz RAM available for 85,83€, but I would need another motherboard for that. What would be your recommendation? 2400MHz for 3,90€ more is pretty much a free upgrade. Not sure if the other options are worth it though.

15 hours ago, Crossi said:

I could get 2400MHz RAM for 68,89€ or 2666MHz RAM for 86,31€. There is also 3200MHz RAM available for 85,83€, but I would need another motherboard for that. What would be your recommendation? 2400MHz for 3,90€ more is pretty much a free upgrade. Not sure if the other options are worth it though.

Just get the 2400MHz RAM IMO, you're right as for almost 20 euros more for faster RAM just sounds like a terrible deal to me :P 

On a side note, If you did get 3200MHz RAM however, you will not need a different motherboard.