Recommendations for a photographer that likes to game

DWPhoto

Hey guys, 
My profession is photography, I have a heavy editing workload as I work full time in a studio, they do not provide a computer for editing. I recently just got this job, at the moment I'm editing on a 1080p resolution screen @ 75hz and 27". This was great for when all i was doing was gaming on this system but now I must use it for editing. Of course i have used it to edit personal pictures but I really need to find a suitable upgrade and fast. I have a workhorse of a pc which i very recently invested in knowing that I would be editing at home and doing more freelance work, It is more than capable of running 4k projects. 

I would much rather not run 2 monitors but i understand i may have to. Here's the tricky part and is why I came here to ask of your opinion. I do like to do a lot of gaming in my spare time as a hobby so I'd be looking for a monitor that is suitable for both photo editing and gaming. Budget is not an issue and the screen can be no bigger than 35". Would any other photographers say 4k is a needed resolution? 

Thanks for your help :)

2560x1440 is a pretty ideal resolution for 3D Animation I find, and the amount of Photography & Video editing I would do. 4K is awesome, but IMO the BenQ BL3200PT which is a 2560x1440 monitor is pretty damn sweet