Primary monitor changes when launching a game.

Drexl

When setting my primary monitor to my 4k TV (monitor 2) for couch-coop games Windows accepts this, but it changes back to monitor 1 when I launch any game. Once the game is closed it will sometimes switch back to the 4k TV again. I'm not using Steam Big Picture, so I have no idea why this is happening.

To clarify, the game isn't merely opening on the wrong screen, but rather the system default monitor is being swapped to monitor 1, and sometimes back when it closes.

Any thoughts?

some games go to what is the first port on the graphic card rather then the device set by windows :v some games dont support swapping screens at all it sucks rly, most of em u can change in cfg files tho

(◑‿◐)

18 hours ago, Zomicron said:

Does this happen with all games or just a few? Some games (like overwatch) have setting to select which monitor to display on where you can manually select a monitor or letting automatically pick one. 

It's happening with all games. Games that support switching monitors specifically will let me override it, but regardless the primary monitor changes.

18 hours ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

some games go to what is the first port on the graphic card rather then the device set by windows :v some games dont support swapping screens at all it sucks rly, most of em u can change in cfg files tho

It's not about where the game is going. That's just a symptom. It's about the global primary monitor for the entire system being changed for the duration a game is running.