Litecoin mining

Today I picked up an old Sapphire 6870 for like $50 on craigslist. I thought it'd be good to use to mine litecoin until I can get a R9 280x to start off with. At an estimated 293 Kh/s is it worth running 24/7?

Whats your power cost  , see here https://www.litecoinpool.org/calc

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

Its okay :P it'll get you about $7 per day

------------------------------------------------------I HAZ SHINY----------------------------------------------------------

Alright i really need help on this question. I am planning to build a LC mining rig with 3 or 4 r9 290 or 290x. Is there a difference? Also how do i tell what the hash rate is going to be? So say i have 3 r9 290xs, will they get around 3000K/hash? please help guys!!!!!

So I did not want to start another "Should I mine Litecoins?" thread so I will ask in here.

My rig is an FX-9590  with an HD7990 and an HD7970, electricity costs me around $0.08 - $0.10 per KWh depending on time of day, year, etc.  Should I bother mining LTC when I am not using the rig? This is my day to day office machine (not as in for work, but web browsing, youtube, etc) and my gaming rig so it probably would not be mining 24/7.  I already own the hardware for gaming so not worried about trying to make back an investment, just want some profit.

As a bonus I live in the northeast where it is cold out right now so I actually initially started looking into this as a way to heat my house. lol.  Check out the build logs soon for a thread by me on my PC "Project Space Heater".

The calculator says "DO IT DO IT DO IT" but is it actually worth it?  Will this kill my GPUs in 6 months or will it be fine if I keep temps in check?

I got THIS I have the chance to make $147 of profit in one month. Wow

I hope you know that number changes approximately every three days making a month schedule useless, and you probably won't make that much in a month

So I did not want to start another "Should I mine Litecoins?" thread so I will ask in here.

My rig is an FX-9590  with an HD7990 and an HD7970, electricity costs me around $0.08 - $0.10 per KWh depending on time of day, year, etc.  Should I bother mining LTC when I am not using the rig? This is my day to day office machine (not as in for work, but web browsing, youtube, etc) and my gaming rig so it probably would not be mining 24/7.  I already own the hardware for gaming so not worried about trying to make back an investment, just want some profit.

As a bonus I live in the northeast where it is cold out right now so I actually initially started looking into this as a way to heat my house. lol.  Check out the build logs soon for a thread by me on my PC "Project Space Heater".

The calculator says "DO IT DO IT DO IT" but is it actually worth it?  Will this kill my GPUs in 6 months or will it be fine if I keep temps in check?

Yes

And if you stay close to stock or not overvolt the snot out of it and keep temperatures reasonable, they'll be fine. 

By the time they die they'll have already paid for themselves. 

Error: 410

Thanks for the quick response in these wee morning hours.

What are some good settings for these Tahiti XT GPUs?  Right now I am running 900MHz core and 1500MHz memory (I normally do 1000/1500 for gaming, but I read that a .6 ratio is better).

Have been playing with the concurrency, work size, intensity, and thread counts in GUI miner and cant seem to find any correlation. haha.

Alright i really need help on this question. I am planning to build a LC mining rig with 3 or 4 r9 290 or 290x. Is there a difference? Also how do i tell what the hash rate is going to be? So say i have 3 r9 290xs, will they get around 3000K/hash? please help guys!!!!!

get 290 way cheaper but you have to think electricity that shit adds up running 24-7 and from the looks of it 290 get around ~720Kh/s you dont want to go crazy on the OC they just die faster better to get lower hash rates for longer.  

I hope you know that number changes approximately every three days making a month schedule useless, and you probably won't make that much in a month

Yeah I know, this card will just start me off until I can get a proper setup for mining