WPA2 has been cracked

snortingfrogs
16 minutes ago, Buurvrouw said:

And I also thought about a Pi-Hole Firewall. Do you recommend such a Thing regarding Speed? Or do I just Need to configure it correctly that every Connection that I want to go out that it goes out normally.

pi-hole isn't a firewall. It's just a black hole for advertising networks.

Basically if your device wants to load a webpage and ads and trackers want to load as well, they get blocked but the webpage itself does load.

Because the blocking takes place on the pi and not on your device you don't notice it. Well the ads don't load but that's what it's designed to do.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

1 minute ago, samcool55 said:

pi-hole isn't a firewall. It's just a black hole for advertising networks.

Basically if your device wants to load a webpage and ads and trackers want to load as well, they get blocked but the webpage itself does load.

Because the blocking takes place on the pi and not on your device you don't notice it. Well the ads don't load but that's what it's designed to do.

Sorry, that I didn't mean, I mean that I want to make a Pi Firewall. I already have a Pi-Hole :D Works like a charm! Also it makes your non paid apps paid apps with no adds :D

20 minutes ago, Buurvrouw said:

Sorry, that I didn't mean, I mean that I want to make a Pi Firewall. I already have a Pi-Hole :D Works like a charm! Also it makes your non paid apps paid apps with no adds :D

I wouldn't do that tbh...

A firewall doesn't need powerful hardware but a pi as a firewall might be stretching it a bit.
What about turning an old pc into a router with pfsense?

If you don't know what DHCP, DNS, NAT and things like that mean and what they do it might be a good idea to do a bit of research first before setting op your own firewall.

Installing a firewall is a big change in your network so it's important you know what you are doing. Especially because there's likely already a firewall on the fritzbox thingy.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

5 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

I wouldn't do that tbh...

A firewall doesn't need powerful hardware but a pi as a firewall might be stretching it a bit.
What about turning an old pc into a router with pfsense?

If you don't know what DHCP, DNS, NAT and things like that mean and what they do it might be a good idea to do a bit of research first before setting op your own firewall.

Installing a firewall is a big change in your network so it's important you know what you are doing. Especially because there's likely already a firewall on the fritzbox thingy.

I don't have like a lot of knowledge in this, but it's alright. Yes it already has one and it's also already activated. Oke, then I won't do that.

Thanks for you Support!

3 hours ago, Buurvrouw said:

I've never heard of this. Do you have your setup on this forum with write up? If so, if like to check it out. Got my attention.

2 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

I've never heard of this. Do you have your setup on this forum with write up? If so, if like to check it out. Got my attention.

You mean the Pi-Hole part? all you Need is a Pi, I have got a 2, maybe you can also do it with a 1. Don't go with the 3 it's too expensive for this.

https://pi-hole.net/ There you can find it and if you want to do it, search for a tutorial on YouTube, it's much more easy to do =)

5 hours ago, Buurvrouw said:

You mean the Pi-Hole part? all you Need is a Pi, I have got a 2, maybe you can also do it with a 1. Don't go with the 3 it's too expensive for this.

https://pi-hole.net/ There you can find it and if you want to do it, search for a tutorial on YouTube, it's much more easy to do =)

Yes, never heard of a pi hole in this context before. Cheers!