STUDIO DESTRUCTION VLOG

cookin' with nikki V what uPP

Just now, Daniel644 said:

So who is going to end up living in the condo at night?

The refugees from NCIX Tech Tips of course

/s

I still don't understand how LMG has staff that doubles as construction workers, you would think not keeping these people from their daily jobs and getting some construction people would be more cost effective than making them do the construction and getting a video out of it..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, Minibois said:

/s

I still don't understand how LMG has staff that doubles as construction workers, you would think not keeping these people from their daily jobs and getting some construction people would be more cost effective than making them do the construction and getting a video out of it..

not really, they are paying these guys the same either way and as long as these guys still get all there other work done (which they obviously did as we still have gotten atleast 1 video every day) then there is basically no added cost having your guys do the demolition, if you brought in a crew you would have to pay the crew, which means paying the demo crew and your regular guys.

2 minutes ago, Minibois said:

/s

This video will make them maybe a couple of thousand dollars during its life, from youtube ads alone.

Hiring people to demolish would cost money, and you'd probably have to blur their faces (great, more work for editors) unless they'd be willing to sign agreements to be in videos

The iffy part is ... is the staff insured against accidents? would they sue Linus if they fall off the set while demolishing it?

4 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

not really, they are paying these guys the same either way and as long as these guys still get all there other work done (which they obviously did as we still have gotten atleast 1 video every day) then there is basically no added cost having your guys do the demolition, if you brought in a crew you would have to pay the crew, which means paying the demo crew and your regular guys.

The idea I got from the ''''''sponsor spot'''''' of today, I'm gonna guess Colton didn't get his job done that day..

EDIT: I meant the first sponsor spot.

3 minutes ago, mariushm said:

This video will make them maybe a couple of thousand dollars during its life, from youtube ads alone.

Hiring people to demolish would cost money, and you'd probably have to blur their faces (great, more work for editors) unless they'd be willing to sign agreements to be in videos

The iffy part is ... is the staff insured against accidents? would they sue Linus if they fall off the set while demolishing it?

Yeah, getting a video out of it is really the only thing for making the staff of LMG do this.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I was surprised how many simultaneous sets you guys actually have (or had).  Looks like a lot of fun tearing all that down!

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

16 minutes ago, jhmfb said:

new kitchen set?

there is a kitchen on the plans for the "apartment", so I would say so, otherwise, why build it.

@nicklmg @LinusTech you should enclose that triangle area between the bedroom and kitchen (marked in red in the screenshot) and make it a "closet" for the bedroom, then you could just use it for extra storage that is easier to access then  trying to walk behind the sets.

set closet.jpg

22 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

there is a kitchen on the plans for the "apartment", so I would say so, otherwise, why build it.

@nicklmg @LinusTech you should enclose that triangle area between the bedroom and kitchen (marked in red in the screenshot) and make it a "closet" for the bedroom, then you could just use it for extra storage that is easier to access then  trying to walk behind the sets.

set closet.jpg

That space will actually be used for setting up lighting - there will be windows on those two walls that will have "natural light" pouring through :)

Thanks for the suggestion though!

I still don't see a dungeon in this set for the interns and new hires.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

2 minutes ago, Lurick said:

I still don't see a dungeon in this set for the interns and new hires.

Well of course, most of the dungeon is highly illegal in a work environment... we're not gonna show that on camera, duh 9_9

1 minute ago, nicklmg said:

Well of course, most of the dungeon is highly illegal in a work environment... we're not gonna show that on camera, duh 9_9

Duh! That makes sense, at least I'll rest easy now knowing that's where Linus is keeping Luke :D 

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

59 minutes ago, Rune said:

Staplers are for stapling.

Drills are for drilling.

Hammers are for hamming.

Instructions not clear. Linus stuck in a fan.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

TESTOSTERONE!

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

15 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

cookin' with nikki V what uPP

RIP NIKKI V IS WHATS UP, BUCKO!

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

what was wrong with the B roll set up anyway.

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

Considering the drop off of the real time views:
I think YouTube gives traffic coming from other sites to youtube more weight, than intra-page views. The set destruction video is just not something people share, so YouTube said: "Nah" after testing it with more intra-page traffic.

Interesting trend for tech youtubers where the set is a living room/living space, as it helps keep the videos more personal instead of mass-produced.