Is anyone here good at math?

zindan
1 hour ago, -TesseracT- said:

Det gjorde jag första året på gymnasiet. Bytte sedan gymnasieskola (som inte är av anledningar att jag tyckte att utbildningen var tråkig eller dålig). Grejen är dock, att när du går teknisk matematik, kan du välja en master (de sista två av fem åren i din utbildning) där du kan välja datavetenskap. Utbildningen är så bred, att du kan jobba med i stort sett allt som har med matematik och datorer och göra, så du kan definitivt bli en spelutvecklare om du läser denna utbildning. 

hmm intressant, vad heter utbildningen. funderar on it faktist

1 hour ago, -TesseracT- said:

Det gjorde jag första året på gymnasiet. Bytte sedan gymnasieskola (som inte är av anledningar att jag tyckte att utbildningen var tråkig eller dålig). Grejen är dock, att när du går teknisk matematik, kan du välja en master (de sista två av fem åren i din utbildning) där du kan välja datavetenskap. Utbildningen är så bred, att du kan jobba med i stort sett allt som har med matematik och datorer och göra, så du kan definitivt bli en spelutvecklare om du läser denna utbildning. 

spelutvecklings utbildningen är dock bara 3 år.... inte 5 år.. så det är väldigt mycket jag får med i onödan isåfall... Vill även kunna hacka och vara duktig med internet osv, är din utbildning passande för det? 

1 hour ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Welp was going to make a joke about math being a second language to me but seems like it's literally in a second language.

good one mate

2 minutes ago, zindan said:

spelutvecklings utbildningen är dock bara 3 år.... inte 5 år.. så det är väldigt mycket jag får med i onödan isåfall... Vill även kunna hacka och vara duktig med internet osv, är din utbildning passande för det? 

Om du vill ha en mycket god matematisk bakgrund så passar teknisk matematik bra. Om du vill ha det andra som du säger så får du nog läsa it. Jag tror dock att det går att välja till "internet" (lol) i en spelutvecklingsutbildning.

3 hours ago, zindan said:

Let me know if you need any help, perhaps I can explain some stuff to you in a way that will make it way easier to understand. Pm me. 

Thanks.

My problem is that I haven't done actual math in many years because I left school nearly 10 years ago. So I don't remember much. My professor recommended a really great math book for the course which I will read and make exercises. I also take a free tutorial each week which the course offers.

Math for engineers didn't seem that hard. I think I am fine

16 hours ago, Teddy07 said:

Thanks.

My problem is that I haven't done actual math in many years because I left school nearly 10 years ago. So I don't remember much. My professor recommended a really great math book for the course which I will read and make exercises. I also take a free tutorial each week which the course offers.

Math for engineers didn't seem that hard. I think I am fine

Now that you are older you will understand everything MUCH easier, trust me. With all your experience it's gonna be so much easier to relate to many things. 

19 hours ago, -TesseracT- said:

Om du vill ha en mycket god matematisk bakgrund så passar teknisk matematik bra. Om du vill ha det andra som du säger så får du nog läsa it. Jag tror dock att det går att välja till "internet" (lol) i en spelutvecklingsutbildning.

Mm, kanske som masterutbildning, civilingenjör verkar långtråkigt...... kanske utbildar mig till det senare, om 10 år kanske. Då är jag 31. Är bara 21 nu så än finns det tid kvar :) 

We just started algebra in school...

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

I'm in Calculus and I suck at it.

Gonna retake it next semester it seems. That's what I get for dicking around and not thinking thoroughly at what I am doing. I mean, I got As in all of my math courses up until this point. Trigonometry being the easiest because of very little algebra involved. I'm a slow learner and it takes me about 1.5x longer than the average student to do the homework assignments, and maybe 10 hours of studying all of the sections to actually make sense of it.

The toughest part about Calculus is knowing when to factor, when to multiply by the conjugate, when to apply the chain rule, identifying the constants, exponents, and variables. I get a little bit derpy when I have LN mixed with variables, e^u and crap like that with derivatives. That's on top of all the theorems and trig identities. Wew, it's a bit overwhelming at times. Then I suddenly get lost and give up because I have a hard time breaking it down for some reason, despite doing really well with Algebra and precal.

It's college Calculus and for some reason it feels like a huge leap from precal and trig. At least, that's what it feels like.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

17 hours ago, Kamina said:

I'm in Calculus and I suck at it.

Gonna retake it next semester it seems. That's what I get for dicking around and not thinking thoroughly at what I am doing. I mean, I got As in all of my math courses up until this point. Trigonometry being the easiest because of very little algebra involved. I'm a slow learner and it takes me about 1.5x longer than the average student to do the homework assignments, and maybe 10 hours of studying all of the sections to actually make sense of it.

The toughest part about Calculus is knowing when to factor, when to multiply by the conjugate, when to apply the chain rule, identifying the constants, exponents, and variables. I get a little bit derpy when I have LN mixed with variables, e^u and crap like that with derivatives. That's on top of all the theorems and trig identities. Wew, it's a bit overwhelming at times. Then I suddenly get lost and give up because I have a hard time breaking it down for some reason, despite doing really well with Algebra and precal.

It's college Calculus and for some reason it feels like a huge leap from precal and trig. At least, that's what it feels like.

Listen, stop being lazy and start doing a lot of tasks where those things you described as hard are involved. That's the only way your brain will be comfortable with it and you will just automatically know when to apply what tool. Also, it will take about 4-5 hours a day to become a master. I don't think you learn 1,5x slower than others I think you study less. The one who have the biggest interest for math and who is most disciplined will learn it fastest. It's not about being born with something it's about using what you have correctly. If you really wanna do it and you understand that it will take your life wherever you wanna be then you will do it. Depression is my motivation. 

On 18.10.2017 at 2:34 PM, Erik Sieghart said:

The only person here I'd describe being good at math is Dash Lamba.

Yeah. @Dash Lambda is so fucking good.

I cant remember a math question that he could not answer. Simply amazing!

6 hours ago, zindan said:

Listen, stop being lazy and start doing a lot of tasks where those things you described as hard are involved. That's the only way your brain will be comfortable with it and you will just automatically know when to apply what tool. Also, it will take about 4-5 hours a day to become a master. I don't think you learn 1,5x slower than others I think you study less. The one who have the biggest interest for math and who is most disciplined will learn it fastest. It's not about being born with something it's about using what you have correctly. If you really wanna do it and you understand that it will take your life wherever you wanna be then you will do it. Depression is my motivation. 

Thanks. I do need to stop being lazy and cramming my work.

Just so used to things being linear and straight forward. Hard to break the habit.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

21 hours ago, Sordxyx said:

Is that degree level math?

what do you mean ?

2 hours ago, zindan said:

what do you mean ?

Educational wise, Is that a mathematics Degree level math question?

8 hours ago, Sordxyx said:

Looks like physics to me.

Anything that uses complex numbers and vectors has to do with physics. Although you do learn this concept in trig. I'm assuming you mean if it's a Major course. 

9 hours ago, Sordxyx said:

noo it's a highschool course. it's only math not physics however this kind of math is applied when it's about electricity.